Mom is doing well here

All in all, I am pleased with Brookdale Charleston Gardens but I do feel that they are sometimes little lacking getting things done. They may forget or just have not done it yet. My mother's bills are to be sent to her lawyer and I have been receiving some of them and had to call the main office to remind them to send her stuff to the lawyer.
When my mom first moved-in she was doing some of the activities but since her last hospital stay, she is just slowly getting back on her feet and sometimes she can be a little stubborn when they try to encourage her to join in.
My mother does use the dining room for some of her meals when she is feeling well enough and she seems to like what they are serving.
All of the staff are very friendly, they do keep me informed and are able to answer my questions about my mother. They also communicate with me by phone as well.
Brookdale also offers transportation for the residents and one Friday a month they do take those residents who want to go out to lunch.
My advisor from A Place for Mom is fabulous, she has been calming and very assuring and she helped me through the whole process of finding a place for my mother.
I would recommend Brookdale Charleston Gardens to other family and friends.

Pleased with My Fathers Respite Stay at this Community

My father was at this community for a respite stay, and everything went very well. I was satisfied with his stay at this community. I did feel he was safe, and good hands at this facility. The staff was good, and nice. The community looked nice, everything was clean, and well maintained. We were pleased with all they did for us. Overall this is a community I would recommend, it is a nice place.

Could not be happier!

They are doing a wonderful job in taking care of my husband. I am very grateful, it is a load off my mind and I am comfortable knowing he is in good hands. I like the facility itself as well, it is well maintained and a good location. I couldn't be more pleased. The meals are good, in fact, he is looking much better now because I couldn't get him to eat or anything but now he is eating a lot, he is clean they're doing exercises with him.

My Parents Are Getting All Settled Into this Community

My parents all getting all settled into this community. So far everything is going pretty well. The staff have been very friendly and helpful. I know they are in good hands here. The community looks great, they do a good job with the cleanliness. There are activities available for the residents. The meals are nice, they are pleased with the food. This is a community I would recommend, it has worked out very well for us.

Early Review

It's still really early to give a strong rating. So far, administration has been friendly & helpful. A little rocky getting meds switched over, but they are working with us to get this smoothed out. It takes time for parent (s) to adjust & get to know the staff, but the staff is working hard to assist them and to familiarize themselves with my mom. All in all its been a good experience so far, just a little frustration from all that has to take place...but I guess that can be expected in such a big change for everyone. If it were affordable, I would prefer the single apartment vs the companion suite for mom.

I love Charleston gardens. It's a great place with a family sitting.

Very Helpful Staff

They seem to not let us know that medicines need to be refilled until they are completely gone and they are ordering medicine that doesn't need to be ordered. Other than that they have been so helpful.

We were happy with Emeritus at Charleston Gardens.

We were happy with Emeritus at Charleston Gardens. They were really nice. I didn't have any issues with their care at all. They did everything any human could do. I was happy with their service.

Charleston Gardens, WV.

The staff members from housekeeping to directors have been wonderful and kind. Always offering a hand when anything was needed. Thank you so much.

Very Happy!

We're really happy! The have ice cream socials, gospel things, trips to different restaurants, popcorn and movies. They do a number of different things. The food has been very good. I've had lunch with my mother a couple of times and it's all been good. She likes it there. We're very happy overall.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.