Brookdale Lebanon - Lebanon, OR

The Care Is Good

Everything is going well for my dad who lives here. It is clean community. The staff are nice and helpful. They also communicate with me well. My dad says the food is average. There is not really options if a meal is not liked. This community is a place that I would possibly recommend.

Home

My Mom is 100% happy during the day, lots of activities. In the evening after dinner, I wish there were more activities to keep her busy! She dwells on the past and calls everyone (she has her own phone) and demands to be let out (sometimes verbally abusive). She has been told that her family is keeping her there and we can get her out anytime we wish. If the evenings could be improved with activities I think she could make a complete acceptance of being there as home.

Would Send Any Loved One There!

I am overall very impressed with the Emeritus community. My Mom loves the food and the variety available. They've created a very social atmosphere there for the residents at meal time. Mom is in the independent living section and if she needs anything they are right there to assist. While moving some plants into the garden, a young male employee saw us and insisted on helping out He hadn't even started his work shift yet, but was there to help us! Mom has been enjoying exercise classes and volunteers at Emeritus. There are plenty of activities available.

We recently selected Emeritus, for our loved one.

We recently selected Emeritus, for our loved one. It's a nice place, and clean and the staff seems friendly. The main reason we chose it was because it was in a good location for us, it was relatively close making it easier to visit.

Very pleased with this place

They're very good about communication. They responded to us very quickly when we inquired, and they always give us a call if any issues come up with our loved one just to keep us informed.
One of the main things that made them a great option for us was that they were willing to work with my loved one having two dogs she wanted to bring. They really go the extra mile when it comes to care and service.
The one area I feel could use some improvement is having more activities, as we do hear from our loved one that she gets bored.