Brookdale Catalina Foothills - Tucson, AZ

I would recommend this community to family and friends!!!!

The staff are good but there are always some minor problems. They got a new activities director when we moved in and my loved one is enjoying 3 activities a day. They lock down the community at 5:00 pm. The food is real good and the service is great. They have a special as well as a menu you can choose options from. The community is clean and they offer air conditioning throughout the building.

Very nice place. We feel good knowing that our loved one is getting the care, and attention she needs.

Everything Is Going Smooth

My mother is doing very well at this community. She has had a few problems with falling a couple of times, but she is doing much better now. The community is great, they are caring for her very well. They have been very good for us. They are very accommodating and helpful. They make little mistakes here and there, but nothing to major. Everything is working very well and I would recommend.

No secure walking

This place has no secure walking. Was the facility that my Mother in Law walked out of and we found 3-miles away in a wash. (This was in July - 110-degrees). Not acceptable since my mom would not be able to find her way back.

Everyone Is Friendly

What I really like about the facility is the friendliness of everyone there and how the residents appear to be happy. Although this may be indicative of the industry in general, there have been so many new caregivers coming on board in the short time my mom has been there, and they do not seem well trained, initially. However, my mom loves several of the caregivers who have been there a while, and appreciates when they are her regulars.

Top Notch Facility

The personnel that we deal with has been superb. It would be hard to find better. They have been remodeling and are under new administration. This is a top notch facility and I have been very pleased.

Terrible experience

We had a very bad experience with this facility, and I would absolutely not recommend them to anyone. My experience and what I observed of the care provided here was very poor. The aide staff and the nursing staff both seemed very uncaring and disconnected from the residents. We had serious issues with the medication service as well. The staff in general just did not seem motivated or well supervised. My experience with the director was also very poor, she was unpleasant and very difficult to work with. We moved our loved one out as soon as we were able.

Very friendly and helpful staff!

They do a great job at Emeritus at Catalina Foothills! The people here are all very friendly, and they seem very concerned and dedicated when it comes to caring for the residents. The maintenance man in particular has been a real pleasure to deal with, he's really on top of things!

The staff has been very helpful with everything. My mother in law was only there a couple weeks before she went to the hospital, so our experience was a brief but pleasant one.

This was awful!!

This was awful!! In the assisted living, you need to watch everything, that you are getting what you pay for. Watch the medication management and care levels. We were paying for a level two care but put in the books, at a level zero. They were over medicating my loved one, and blaming him for it. They left him outside in 109 degree weather for three hours. This was not a good experience to say the least.

Great Place Overall

My mother lives more independently here, but it has been good for her so far. The staff is accommodating to those who need more care and those who need less, and that has worked well for her. The food is very very good. The residents are encouraged to socialize with different events and activities, and there is an open and warm community atmosphere. My only issue would be with the fact that alcohol is allowed, and there are not enough restrictions for those residents that cannot/should not have alcohol. Otherwise, great place.

Recommended

My loved one doesn’t really participate in the activities. It’s an excellent place to check out. I’ve seen the food and my loved one has no complaints. We have no complaints about parking or laundry service. I recommend them.

Doing Very Well

Everything is great! If I ask for something, they are very good to respond. They're very aware of people's needs. They send me a brochure every week for what is going on in the whole facility, and also for my sister specifically. She is eating better, and doing much better than she was before.

Generally Pretty Good

It has its ups and downs. It is a fairly good sized facility, 90 people, and I think they too are a little understaffed. We have had issues with nurses and techs claiming that they were taking his blood pressure when they weren't. He developed pneumonia and we were trying to get him back on his feet again, so we had hired outside nursing care for him. They nurse that was working with him at Emeritus insisted that we hire another group because she didn't want to work with our nurses. I thought that was strange because those nurses were wonderful. They have a problem getting the food to those patients that are staying in their rooms. My dad had that problem. That seems like it would be easy to fix, but their nursing staff and tech staff seems to be drawn into having to deliver the meals. They have to schlep the meals up to the clients that can't come down for meals. That takes up several hours out of their day. They could find someone at a lower pay scale to do that. My dad is adjusting. He likes it there. They provide a lot of entertainment and things to do and I would say generally it is pretty darn good. They are doing pretty well. They have stayed on track.

Nice facility. Assisted li...

Nice facility. Assisted living and memory care. A bit smaller/quieter. Units are unfurnished, but respite rooms are available for a short-term stay.

Too Big and Impersonal

It is absolutely huge. You have to go upstairs with an elevator and my husband could not do that. They gave me an assessment of him that said he would be at the very beginning stages and that he would never have to go to the high care part. But these are lies because everybody knows that they deteriorate. I watched my mother-in-law deteriorate. They will get you in with the cheap rate and then it will have to go up. I did not like this philosophy of Emeritus at all. I don't have any good reviews of them. I thought they were very dishonest and the place was too big and too impersonal.

It was very clean; very open and sunn...

It was very clean; very open and sunny. The rooms were great I could almost live there myself. Their rates were about what we expected.

Absolutely beautiful. Dad had assess...

Absolutely beautiful. Dad had assessment by LPN, the Director was fantastic getting help. If money available; I'd choose this one for Mom & Dad.

Rooms were nicely appointed with vari...

Rooms were nicely appointed with various levels of care available within the facility. I did not get to tour the memory unit which was separated from the general population. My Aunt did not like the location and prefers to be more on the east side.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.