Brookdale Northshore - Portland, TX

My Loved One is Happy

My loved one moved into Brookdale Northshore not long ago, and she seems to be very happy there. The community is very clean, she seems to enjoy the food, and we really appreciate the helpful and friendly staff. I would recommend this community to others.

Care for family

I am happy with the care here. The staff is outstaninding and the care for my father is law has been great. The community is very clean and maintained. He is active in the activities that are good . for him. We recommend the care and the value to other families wanting good care and value.

need more capable maintenance workers

At Brookdale Northshore friendliness is 5+. I've been real happy with the way mom has felt welcome by everyone. The staff are so friendly. What I would change is they have one guy that does good at maintenance. The other maintenance worker is not so good. Marv is trying to do it all and he cant keep up. He does a great job and is always trying so hard. They just need more capable maintenance workers. Other than that she loves this facility. She is happy. Mom said the perfect words just this weekend, "I feel like I'm home."

They were great.

They were great. They could have done a little better with the cleaning. The staff was great! They were very responsive, and they had a good variety of activities. He enjoyed the food there, and we don't really have any complaints.

Workers let my mother lie on the floo...

Workers let my mother lie on the floor for over 30 hours without checking on her. Her friends kept telling the desk that they hadn't seen her. No one checked until a different person came on the desk the next day. She had had a stroke and of course we know time is of the essence. Not for my mother thanks to Carriage Inn.

A true community

My grandmother has lived at this community for years now. It's the cleanest and friendliest property in the area. Any question or issue we have is addressed with urgency. There is ALWAYS someone available to help. The director makes sure you have her cell phone number upon move in in the unlikely event that you have a question or problem that you need her to address immediately. The liveliness of the community is evident upon arrival. I agree that they are not the newest, but they are defiantly the BEST.

This is the one I would mos...

This is the one I would most enjoy living myself. I like the private patio areas, and not too many scooters in the hallways like there were at other places. This location is also most convenient for me. It doesn't have assisted living, and that may be a plus because there seems to be less regulation in an independent only place.

Older Place

This was not as nice as the place we ultimately chose for my parents. The food was not as good and it's an older place.

We believe Carriage Inn is the premier choice of South Texan Seniors. Our active lifestyle meets the diverse and changing needs of today’s senior adults. We offer beautiful studio, one bedroom, two bedroom as well as one and two-bedroom Cottages on a month-to-month rental. At Carriage Inn there is never any buy in fees or long term leases.

Our beautiful apartments include all utilities, (excluding personal telephone) cable television, weekly housekeeping with linen service. There is also scheduled on-site transportation for doctor appointments, shopping and fun outings you help plan. Also included are three nutritious Chef prepared meals served in our beautiful dining room.

Carriage Inn features a Library, Parlor Room, Puzzle Room, and Large Activity Room with Large Screen TV, Fitness Room, Billiards Area, General Stor