Brookdale Buford - Buford, GA

OUR MISSION: CARING PEOPLE SERVING RESIDENTS TO ENHANCE THEIR QUALITY OF LIFE.

Welcome! Thanks for visiting our website and for considering our community as you research senior living options. Our fundamental mission, as shown above, is to serve older adults and their families to improve the quality of life for everyone. Visit with us today and learn more about Our Mission, Values and Core Principles and how we incorporate them into our services for the benefit of every resident every day.

Brookside is located in the heart of historic Buford, GA. We are a distinct community that embodies class and grace. We are private in location, but never to be forgotten once you visit. Brookside prides itself on being a community established on strong relationships between our caring staff and beloved residents. That in itself is what sets us apart from other communities. Individually our residents are treated as though they are the only person residing in our community. That individual care and love unites us as not only a community but more so a family. A family brought together from all different walks of life with one common denominator... Compassion for each other.

The services that we provide our residents are services performed by knowledgeable, and reliable staff. Our staff members offer day to day care with caring hands and loving hearts. Whether coming from near or far, you will be welcomed with open arms. Come and visit us and see why neighbors decide to reside at Brookside!

At Brookside we pride ourselves on offering you choices that allow you to live your life the way you want. It's a simple concept that means you can take control of your time, find comfort in your surroundings, and be part of a community of friends and neighbors. Now that's really living.

Comfort for a loved one

I like the care at this community. The staff are outstanding. The menu is appealing and I am glad that she is liking the meals. They do offer her to get involved with the actives, but not at this time. We like the care that she is receiving. We would highly recommend this positive caring community to other families.

Excellent Tour of this Community

We had a very good tour of this community. Everything went very well. Everyone was very kind to my family, and I. The community looked great, everything was nice, and well maintained. The staff was kind, and our questions were answered. Unfortunately the location of the community was to far for our families to travel too. However we did end up going to one of their sister communities, and everything is working out well.

Understaffed, very chaotic, roommate took Mom's things, meals weren't same quality as AL side, several times in the short time I had her there, Mom ended up wearing jeans and pajama tops (they were supposed to be dressing her - couldn't take the time to look for a shirt in the shirt drawer), administrator lied to me at least twice. Couldn't get Mom out of there fast enough!

Beautiful surroundings

Brookdale is a great place. My mom has been very homesick but she is doing much better. She is well cared for and the facility is beautiful. I feel confident now that she is here and watched after.

Beautiful surroundings

Lack of communication!

I would not recommend the Brookdale Buford to anyone! They had the sales guy do my loved one's evaluation. She was only there for 3 weeks. They have a misrepresentation of what the place is like. The girls who work there have no idea what they are doing.

Care for my brother

I know my brother is getting good care with this community. The staff are attentive with his needs. He does play games and he does enjoy staying active with the others. He is offered a variety of meals. I know that he is adjusting as well as he can. I would recommend this community for good care and value to other families looking for good care.

A Lot Of Staff Turnover!!

The Brookdale Buford is a nice comfortable community. The place from what I've seen is kept clean and maintained very well. My mother really enjoys the meals, they provide a variety for her to choose from. The room she is in is very comfortable with a lot of natural lighting.

Misunderstand

This community was very nice. The staff was friendly. They had made us a offer for my mom to move in, but later could not guarantee the price. They could not commit to the information that was given to be set on what they would offer us. It was a clean community, but we were not happy with the administration of everything when it came to billing.

Aug.21 (2016) Foot - back after 2 months in hospital and rehab weak from the kind of food you get here. Tonight chicken & dump being both just rigid.

Should have been closed by health department long ago – medicine and food not enough help on the floor & take care of residents, nothing good about the place if possible would move. Hope it gets closed; where is the health department?

Absolutely fell in love with this place...welcoming, clean, homey, cheery feeling ...happy residents and staff. I would gladly want to call this place home if it was for me and have no reservations about placing my mom's care in their hands.

The entire staff are helpful, experienced and have the right attitude!!!!

I don't give out fives often but this community deserves one. Melanie the Sales Manager and Pat the supervisor of the memory care unit are kind, helpful and very communicative. They keep the community and my dad's room clean. He likes to participate in some of the activities and has made new friends.

An answer to prayer

Brookdale Buford has been an answer to prayer! We needed a memory care placement for Mama in an emergency type situation and the speed and ease of the transition was miraculous. She loves her spacious room. The halls are wide and bright; I appreciate that it doesn't feel like a "locked unit" like several others I toured. Everyone is so attentive and caring. Mama doesn't like to participate in activities, so I can't really give an opinion about those. She is more content than I have seen her be in a long time.

Very Pleased So Far!

We have only had my Dad there for a month now. We have been very pleased. They have been very accommodating, caring, and helpful with his adjustment to assisted living life.
We are so happy that my Mom will probably be joining him soon.

Our Brookdale Experiemce

The help in the Memory care is always friendly and supportive. We were told there would be a weekly menu so the residents could see what they are having and that has not been the case. When the menu is posted it does not coincide with what is served. That being said, the food is really good. The portions are a good size for the residents and if they want two plates for a meal they can have it.
The rooms are kept clean and the staff works hard to create a positive environment. They have music going all the time. They play games with the residents and there are always smiles.

Seemed nice, not the best fit for us

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, the rooms were a little small for the price, and most of the population were a bit more advanced in their care needs than our loved one. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

I give them 2 stars and zero on security!

First of all we walked in Brookdale in Buford on Old Hamilton with open doors and no security what so ever...nobody asked who we were or if we had IDs...the Alzheimer's side has the code right on the door so you just punch it in and your right in with no problems...this really worries me in the times that we are in security is everything especially if we are paying $[removed] plus to have our loves ones cared for u you would think they would have security in this place. The staff seems overworked and underpaid...the food is worse than hospital food and the rooms were not clean. When I advised the staff my family member had pain in her right arm and was making a strange noise she just dismissed it as a usual thing that she said happens every night with her...she didn't even bother to check her vitals or blood pressure. I give this place 2 stars and zero for security! It's not worth $[removed] plus a month and I would not recommend this place to anyone until they decide that security is very important and essential! They do deserve the opportunity to correct this issue and I will give them the benefit of the doubt but until then I give them 2 stars and zero on security!

They went above and beyond

We were at the Brookdale Buford for a week because my loved one was on respite care. I was very happy with everything. They went above and beyond. They made the process more easy. They were able to find my loved one a place in a short period of time. I loved the experience. I would go back again. I have already recommended this facility to everyone. My overall rating of this facility is five stars. (Activities Not Applicable)

Seemed like a nice place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. It just seemed like a nice place overall, and it worth a look if you're looking for care in the area.

Doing well here

So far we're very pleased with everything at Brookdale Buford, it is working out well. It's a nice looking clean place, the staff are friendly, and they are taking good care of our loved one, we are satisfied with the service.

Confidence in her care

Emeritus at Buford was very quick to contact us. We were desparate to find a place for our mother. A Place for Mom really got things moving for us and we were able to place her there. Personnel are great to her. She's in memory care and is not always easy to deal with but they are patient and very kind to her. I feel very confident in the care they are giving her. I hope she will be able to stay for her remaining days.

My mother has been there for 7 months in their Memory Care environment, and we are pleased with her care.

Overall a nice place!

My loved one was here briefly for some respite care, and overall he really liked the community! It was a nice looking place, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. He also met a few friends during his short stay! He did not have very good things to say about the food, however, nor did any of the permanent residents. The staff did mention that was something that they were working on, however.

Doing a fine job

Everything has gone fine with Emeritus at Buford so far, they've done a great job across the board. Everyone was very warm and receptive when we moved my loved one in, and they seem to be doing a great job taking care of her.

Professional and Caring Staff

The staff at Emeritus was helpful in making this transition easy for my mother. They were very professional and seemed to care about the needs of their residents. Even though mother will not be a resident for several more weeks, I feel that she will be comfortable and right at home at Emeritus.

Nice place overall

Emeritus at Buford has done well by us so far! It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff have all been very very friendly! We're just very pleased with them in general, and would recommend their services to others!

Avoid Emeritus at Buford

Do your loved ones a favor and avoid Emeritus at Buford. Why? The reasons are many. They could not administer my mom's medication properly; that's a huge concern! Their food is no better than a school cafeteria. (ask a community how much their budget is per person per meal). They have been promising high speed internet access in the residents rooms for 15 months and every time I ask for an update no one including the Executive Director knows when or if it will be installed. Why is high speed important to me? So I can show my mom family photos on FB on my IPad. Communication from the facility to the residents family is poor. For example I never know when a doctor is coming for a visit. The facility does not have an email distribution list of the residents family. Trust me this facility has serious management problems. On a positive note the staff is friendly and caring

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that your loved one’s experience with our community isn’t meeting your expectations. We provide our residents with high quality care, including medication management, and we work diligently to continue meeting your high expectations when new doctor’s orders are obtained for a resident without any advanced notice for our staff.
We understand your frustration regarding the delay in the installation of our high speed internet access as we still have no update as to when this will be accomplished. We are reaching out to our provider and will provide any updates as soon as possible.
We do offer an email distribution list, and apologize that you have not been receiving these emails. Please contact our community management team to ensure that we have the correct email address listed for you. Regarding your concerns about the food service, we encourage you to connect with our Dining Service Director, as they will be best suited to address your needs. Also, we invite you to attend one of our town hall meetings, which we hold every other month, to voice any additional concerns you have regarding our community.

I couldn't be any happier.

One word, WONDERFUL!! She is over the moon about that place. Getting her here was four months of hell, she went kicking and screaming. What a difference, she goes to bingo and plays cards, she gets her hair done. She loves everyone, the other residents, the staff, and she will say that she gets into bed and she just thinks this is perfect, it doesn't get any better than this. She has done a complete turnaround.

They seem to be doing a pretty good job.

They seem to be doing a pretty good job. It is mostly clean but I would like to see it a little cleaner. They are pretty friendly. The hardest thing is getting her to ask for help when she needs it. The food is one of the better things, it's really good.

only small studios available

only small studios available

Not that happy at the moment.

There seemed to be alot of confusion on what was handled and what was not. We had to make several trips back to the facility to make sure certain things were taken care of. Such as what day of the week her room would be cleaned, shower schedule, (which we still haven't received), schedule of events, etc. The director of the facility seems to be gone more than she's there. They seem very slow to react to any requests.
I should note my mother has only been in the facility since last Thursday evening. 1/23/14. The bathroom was not cleaned before she moved in, and supposedly will be tomorrow (her deep cleaning day) She has yet to have a shower. We know this sometimes takes a couple of weeks, to adjust, but she has wrongly been accused of smoking in her room numerous times, which upset her and us.

Very nice... $2995 + phone ...

Very nice... $2995 + phone and cable, can also convert to shared room $1695 @ month. Room has fridge and microwave. Residents wear pendant around neck for assistance. $115 @ month for unlimited incontinence supplies.

I did tour this facility an...

I did tour this facility and met with Tim Bentz. He was very professional and made me welcome. My opinion was that this place was a 'bit too formal' for Elly. The location is not as close as Benton House (for us to visit) but certainly would be convenient if all else was favorable.

Brookside was nice. The enviroment w...

Brookside was nice. The enviroment was pleasant and the help was really nice. It was very clean. I wasn't too thrilled with the Memory Care Unit. The residents there did not seem to be very well engaged.

Memory care offered and takes small p...

Memory care offered and takes small pets. Offers 5 day free respite care to try the place and free lunch for interested family members.

Also good for just Dad, my mother wou...

Also good for just Dad, my mother would never be happy in this type of environment

Visited with the director and took th...

Visited with the director and took the tour. Very nice facility.

Manager was great to talk to and he w...

Manager was great to talk to and he would make my parents feel at ease. The residents were friendly and my parents would love the gardens and the finches. The only downside would be there's not an independent living residence.

Excellent. Has P.T. room. Has a litt...

Excellent. Has P.T. room. Has a little garden for residents. No problem with helping with colostomy care. Everyone seemed very happy there. No kitchen. Room is at the end of hall beside patio.

has availability. step down from bent...

has availability. step down from benton house.

liked,,may be too fancy but keep on l...

liked,,may be too fancy but keep on list