Brookdale Middleburg Heights - Middleburg Heights, OH

God, I wish I could afford this place, not that it is unreasonable. It would be perfect for my father and staff is phenomenal. Just out of budget.

Based on first impressions

I took a tour of this facility. It was nice, but a little bit older. It was also a little more expensive than I would’ve liked. Something I didn’t like was that they measured the amount of personal time the staff would spend with the residents. The price would go up if they went over the specified amount of time. They weren’t all inclusive like another place I had seen and there seemed to be extra charges for everything. The only available rooms were singles and they were on the small side. We ultimately went with a different community.

I found the marketing person, [Removed], very nice and very informative. She was transparent with the fees and the structure of the place. I liked it very much. My concern was cost. While not as expensive as other places, it was on the edge of what I thought I would be comfortable with.

Great place, great people

People were very friendly, helpful, and caring. Costs were very reasonable. No hidden charges that we have seen. Good food and selections. Typically 3-course. Clean, outside porches and lots of chairs, inner courtyards very flowering and nice with great seating choices.

Pleased with My Choice

This is a nice community, and my mother is doing well with her move here. I do feel I made the right choice by moving here to this facility, The staff is good, they are taking good care of her, and her needs. The community is neat, and tidy when I come to visit. She is safe, and receiving good care in this community, and I would recommend it.

A good experience

We like this community when I loved one lived here. They keep it very clean and the staff were very nice. This community was a little bigger than other communities in the area. They offer some nice activities and amenities.

Very Impressed with This Community

I'am retired activities director from another community. So I have experience in the industry, and I have certain expectations. I will say this community has exceeded all my expectations I ever had. I'am very pleased with all they have done for us. They have been very welcoming to my mother with her move to this community. When we first arrived everybody came out of their offices to greet us, and shook our hands. I do feel she is safe, and receiving good care. She has gained some weight, but that is a good thing since she wasn't eating at her previous community. They have a nice variety of choices too choose from. The community, and her room are nice, and well maintained when I come visit. No matter what part of the community I'am in there never a bad odor. I'am very impressed with all they have done for us, and I would highly recommend this community.

Things are going pretty good

I have not heard any complaints about the food. They offer a lot of activities and the community seems clean. Mom is making friends. The staff have been friendly and helpful. The community is close to us and I would recommend it.

Turnover of aides is constant. Communication is terrible. Food is great. Care is pretty good if your loved one can walk on their own, dress themselves and toilet themselves. Otherwise, it depends on the aide who is on duty. They are understaffed many times.

Great place and nice staff. Rooms are on the small side.

A Meeting At The Community!!

The people I met during my tour were nice. I was not impressed with the layout of this community as it felt like a hotel. The hallways were not open and did not feel inviting.

Caring For Mom Well

My mother is doing very well here at this community. I'am comfortable with the care they are providing her with. The staff is great, they have been very caring and compassionate. They also do a good job with the cleanliness. There are nice activities offered for the residents. I know she is safe and being cared for well at this community.

Nice, but lacking communication.

Mom is in the Clare bridge area for seniors with Dementia or who need extra care. We find many inconsistencies in her care and it's very confusing to her. Some aides allow her to use her walker. Others take it away from her and put her in a wheelchair at times she needs to go anywhere. Some aides take total control of her Toileting others allow her to "clean" herself. We can’t seem to get everyone to treat her the same way. This confuses her and troubles me. I continue to bring it to the director's attention but nothing changes. Communications are not the best. Brookdale is very clean. The food is great. It is costly, but if we could get everyone together on mom's care, she and I would be much happier.

The people here are great.. Definitely has the small family feel too the place.

Nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Brookdale Middleburg Heights! It's a nice looking, clean place, and the staff is all very friendly and professional. They take great care of the residents, and my loved one seems to have settled in well!

Review of Brookdale Middleburg Heights - Middleburg Heights, OH

My family could not have had a more positive actually outstanding experience with Brookdale Middleburg Hts.- from the first phone call that I placed to them to my Aunt s placement in their assisted living community! We met individually with key administrative staff that were each very welcoming kind and thorough and answered all of our questions. They each had specific roles with helping us with the intake process including setting up and giving us 2 tours coming to the house for an in-home assessment (prior to my Aunt s intake) discussing with us the various services and amenities and sitting with us and giving their full time and attention while explaining the contract and paper work. And most importantly they were very welcoming to my Aunt on the 1st day of her placement! For all this and more we are very grateful!

The best decision that you can make

Everyone has been a pleasure to work with, especially Christine. Such a caring, compassionate, and understanding staff. The facility is very warm and comforting, offering a respite from the hub-bub of the world, while at the same time doing everything to include rather than isolate. Leaving your loved one's care in their hands is the best decision that you can make.

I think they are fine for those without behavior issues

When we interviewed with them, they said they could handle residents with behavior issues. I don't think they have the staff to handle that, I don't think enough of them are trained to handle behavior issues. I also didn't like that their doctor added a medication without even telling us. Some of the caregivers are nice, and take good care of the residents. It's clean, they seem to care, but they need to know their limits. I think they are fine for those without behavior issues, but this was not the right fit for us.

Brookdale Senior Living

We apologize your Brookdale experience has been less than you expected. We would like to connect with you to discuss your concerns. Please send us an email familyconnection[at]brookdale[dot][com].

They are doing a good job!

The staff are pleasant and very easy going. They call the people by name which means to me that they care and that is a good thing. There were a few issues with the billing people and that he had to leave again on his first day because the nursing home people on my end never told me that the paper work would not be completed. But other than that no problems so far. Stay on top of their billing people though.

Very Pleased

I am very pleased and so is my mom she is happy and excited to be here. The staff helps her out and the other people also. They take time for each individual which is amazing you dont see that very often. It is a little on the pricey side but good enough to what you are getting.

I really loved this place. Christine was a wonderful ambassador. I feel Mom would do well here now if I can only get her onboard!!!

Very nice place!

Our experience with Emeritus at Brookside Estates has been a good one so far, they're taking excellent care of our loved one! The facility is well kept and clean, and the staff have all been very friendly.

Emeritus was ok. Did not get the "warm and fuzzy" feeling. A person I know from church works there.Memory Training Centers of America sounds like an interesting program for Mom.

It feels like home!

We toured several communities for our parents and were very impressed with Emeritus at Brookside Estates on numerous levels! The building set-up is simple yet effective. The apartments are cozy and they allowed us to buy our own paint for the walls because we didn't want the typical beige. The memory-care neighborhood is perfect for our mom. The staff is like a well-oiled machine - they work so well together. When we walked into the lobby and it felt like home - we knew it would be perfect for our parents. We are very happy that we chose Emeritus at Brooside Estates!

We had to make a pretty quick decisio...

We had to make a pretty quick decision, but we really liked this place. It was in a great location, and it is just a really nice place. Our loved one really liked the food, but we weren't particularly impressed. Overall, it was very clean and the staff were all very friendly.

Mom's new home

Susan and Terry were very helpful in providing my sister and I with all the information. Mom has been there now for 3 weeks and is still having a very hard time adjusting. I believe this is due to her being 93 years old and with some dementia - it has nothing to do with Brookside Estates. They have been very helpful in trying to get her acclimated and comfortable.

Well Run

I know they had a lot of things going on but my dad chose not to participate. I know there were art classes available and things like that. He enjoyed the food. It was very nice and it was run very well.

Good Community

It is a very nice community that we are very pleased with. They are very friendly and really helpful. They are expensive but so are the rest of the communities. Some are probably less expensive but I'm sure there are also more expensive ones as well. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Very nice.

Very nice.

I was here a few weeks ago. Really li...

I was here a few weeks ago. Really liked but didn't feel as though it was as secure as I would have liked it to be. I have heard of more than one person wondering out of there and being brought back by police. Might be rumors but I could see it as a possibility.

Very good visit. Director is terrific...

Very good visit. Director is terrific at her job. I found this facility to be a good possibility and affordable. Would like to go back and observe residents in activities. I was there on a special activity day.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.