Brookdale Southpointe Drive - Greenville, SC

This facility is my choice and my sister's for our mother and father. We are looking forward to years of them enjoy their new home.

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my mother since she has recently made the move into this community. The staff have been extremely friendly to her and I am comfortable with the care they have been providing. She has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in the activities from time to time with the other residents. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone interested.

A Rewarding Experience

Administrators and staff exemplified the true essence of care for my family. The reception was warm and loving and they all showed what I conclude to be a genuine interest. The facility is really clean and well kept. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone seeking senior living assistance for their loved one.

Tour Went Pretty Well

This is a decent community, and my tour of it went pretty well. The staff I came across was kind, and courteous. The community looked nice from what I saw. Everyone was very kind too my family, and myself. Unfortunately this wasn't the community for my mother and her needs.

Moving my aunt

The folks here made the transition for my aunt almost seamless. Everyone went out of their way to make her feel at home and welcomed. MY aunt is adjusting quickly to her new life and smiling again.

Great In Home Care

We are very happy with this in home care giver. She is the best and does alot to help my parents. Her cooking is outstanding. She arrives on time and is always doing what she can to help keep my parents active and entertained. I would recommend her and the services of this in home care service to others.

Very nice facility with a very helpful staff.

Dad's apartment is too cute!

Moving Dad into Brookdale Southpointe Drive wasn't the easiest decision but it had to be made. My husband and I were at a point where we needed the space and Dad needed his independence. Since he's moved in he seems to be very happy and even made a few friends. We've endured a few bumps in the road. His first two weeks there nobody showered him when that was one of the thing on the list. It is something that has been corrected and I know they are doing the best they can. The staff are all very nice and friendly. Dad really likes the food and as long as he is happy that's all that matters.

Brookdale ruined Bellaire

My father is a resident. I wish I could say something nice but they have gone down hill so fast, I can't find a new assisted living fast enough. There a 2 or 3 med techs that are there for the right reason but the rest need/want a career change. Sadly med techs were also in charge of weekly laundry. Weeks would go by without it being done. When I asked about it I was told that I was welcome to do his laundry myself.
After complaining about the lax housekeeping, he was moved in with the most disgusting resident as retribution.
Housekeeping and maintenance are terrible. The supervisor in this department has no business in this industry. He is beyond lazy, disrespectful and a bully toward the residents and families. Nothing ever gets repaired and the rooms are so filthy, the smell makes me gag (I have to go in and clean). [removed]
Despite paying for a higher level of care, Dad is not getting baths and smells awful. My brothers have to bath him.
The food is over cooked and too tough for seniors to eat or the portions are tiny.
Prior to Brookdale taking over, things were "ok " but now, it's a disgusting dismal place.
The worst part is knowing Brookdale has bought up most of the Assisted Livings in this area leaving very little choices.

disgusted

The outside grounds of Emeritus at Bellaire Place is filthy. The inside isn't too bad but it gives a bad first impression. You could tell some of the care takers there didn't even want to be there. My stepfather walked with a cane and would sometimes leave it in the dining room and the staff wouldn't even bother bringing it back to him. I saw one resident just laying on the floor one time and there was no staff helping them. There were no activities to keep residents busy. [removed] My stepfather fell a couple times when he was there and they said it was when he was in the shower. Well, I know he doesn't even hardly take showers. I also found out they were giving him too much medication. I am just disgusted with this place.

There's really good and not good.

If your senior is simply looking for a place to live where they can have friends their age and good food provided, this is great! However, the "assisted" part was not so good--especially meds and bathing. Also, the room cleaning wasn't very good.

Overall it's been positive.

Overall it's been positive. It's been kind of an ordeal getting things set up. I haven't really had any concerns with the food. They have good activities, and are even going to a baseball game. They keep things pretty clean, though she has had to ask a couple of times to have her bed made.

Patients there are TOO old for assisted living

Very nice facility BUT, assisted living is for elders who can still do most things for themselves and need minor assistance, when you have people who continue falling and breaking their hips, having surgery and then injuring themselves it is a liability to keep letting them come back to assisted living, some of those people need to be in a full care nursing home. I can see some lawsuits on the horizon.

They were awful!

They were awful! They didn't even call me when they found my mother was on the floor for three hours. I think that the incident that occurred was because of a medication error that they made, that caused a stroke. They have new management now, but the people are all the same. Everyone started leaving around the same time I did too.

I have been really impressed.

I really like it. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly. They have been very accommodating. They have been very receptive to our concerns. They have plenty of activities. There aren't any complaints about the food. When I first saw the room, I didn't want to hear anything else, because I knew I wouldn't be able to afford it, but I was wrong. I have been really impressed.

What I thought

There were some med-techs who were very good, but others I did not like at all. I lived there also. The food was good some days and other days, we bought food from outside. So this was an extra cost.

I was not happy with their re-evaluation of my loved one. When arrived, needed a lot more care, but care level went down significantly, but they never lowered what our costs were. I was not happy about this.

Great Value!

So far, I am very pleased with Emeritus. I think that the price is good, and you really get your money's worth here. They were the only one that was willing to work with me on the cost. Most places were hard lined, but they were accomodating. The services they offer are great, and I hope my loved one can stay here for a while.

It was the best value that I saw.

Some of the people are wonderful. The medication nurse did not do what she was supposed to. The nurse has not been very cooperative. The room is a good size and very well lit. It was the best value that I saw. They have something going on almost all days.

Management has a Bachelor's in BS

If you are looking for a place to stick your loved one and have them fed and have their clothes washed, Bellaire might be okay with you. On the other hand, if you are involved in your loved one's care and need a healthcare professional to be on top of doctor's orders that are constantly sent back to the facility then this is not the place for your loved one. You will be setting yourself up for frustration. Even your loved one's doctors' will shake their head when having to send the same request once again hoping that someone might actually read them. You know they charge an arm and a leg for the level of care. They just don't do their part very well and if you confront them, they will nod and smile and promise to handle it. You will not hear from them, and it will not be handled. They are like car salesman, they will tell you whatever you want to hear to reel you in and get that money. We had really high hopes for this place but the management is poor and unfortunately it filters down through most aspects of the facility. Good Luck!

Residents seemed too old

I thought the people were too old for my mother, I liked the staff and the facility was nice, but the residents seemed too old. Even though my mom is stubborn and doesn't particpate in activities they seemed too old. It seemed like no one was talking to each other, they had the same kind of activities, but I just didn't like the vibe.

Very friendly and warm. Wil...

Very friendly and warm. Will have common areas refurbished in Oct! Only negative, no one bedroom units available at the moment, only studios...

I like this place.

I like this place.

Nice facility for my Dad. I would lik...

Nice facility for my Dad. I would like to see if getting the two bedroom apt for my Mom and Dad is an option and perhaps they share the expense.

Location is perfect. Nice room size a...

Location is perfect. Nice room size and ideal first floor location very close to main hub of facility. Cost almost affordable. Concerns about negative reputation in regards to staff.

Does not offer memory care.

Does not offer memory care.

The Director was wonderful!!! This w...

The Director was wonderful!!! This was mainly assisted living though.

Director was very personable and busi...

Director was very personable and business-like both. She knew I was on a tight schedule during lunch hour, so showed me a couple of rooms, the dining area and gave me lots of information in a short period of time. Some of the rooms were a long way from group facilities, but other than that they are in the process of painting and doing some remodeling to update. Do take Medicaid.

PROS - Most ativities, multiple resta...

PROS - Most ativities, multiple restaraunts, and most specialality staff on site. CONS - 3 stories tall, what if my grandmother is stuck on 3rd floor when power goes out or elevator failure?

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.