Brookdale Cumberland - Cumberland, RI

We had a wonderful tour of Brookdale Cumberland with [Name removed]. She explained everything to us. We immediately put my Parents name on their waiting list. I know my Mom & Dad would love this place.

Good care for family

We were very happy with the care that we received here at this community. We liked how the staff went out of there way to make sure that she was cared for. The community was clean and it was a nice environment for her. The menu was appealing and she seems pleased to be here. We would highly recommend this community to other families for great care

An Enjoyable Community

My father-in-law is getting care that is good and he lives in a community that is clean all the time. He has options for his meal that taste good to him. They do plan activities but he has made friends instead. It has been good for him so far.

We are very pleased

Brookdale offers a lot of activities and my uncle seems to be enjoying most of them. They have a swimming pool and many other amenities. The food is good and they offer a good selection. The community is clean and well taken care of. The staff are good and this is a nice friendly place. I have already recommended it.

I like the care at this community. The staff is friendly. I wish that they would communicate with me on her progress. My mom really does like the meals. A clean community and they do offer a lot of good activities to help her stay involved. I would recommend this community to other families for care.

Not close enough!

We were able to take a tour of the community. It was okay. The staff were out and doing things with the residents. Also the person that took us on the tour was helpful and accommodating. The community was just to far from us.

Nice Caring Community, Everything Has Worked Out Well

My mother is doing very well, and I could be happier with her move to this community. They have lovely staff, they are very responsive and helpful. The community is very well maintained, they a very good job with the cleanliness. Surprisingly she is very pleased with the meals. I know she is receiving good care, and is in good hands here. This is a community I would recommend it has worked out very well for us here.

They Are Caring

The care and supervision here is fine. They are doing an excellent job providing the essentials for my dad. Right now the caregivers are aiding in his comfort and the communication is reliable. The community is clean and they are maintaining my dad's room too.

Highly Recommended!!

We were offered a complimentary meal during our tour. The meal was very good and well presented. The staff was very attentive with us. One of my mother's friends started the tour for us and then the tour guide finished. The guide was knowledgeable and answered our concerns. The residents looked very content and were recommending the place. We really liked this community everything looked very positive and the atmosphere felt great.

Well worth checking out

Great living with food choices for each of 3 meals, an activity list that has something for everyone, with warm and friendly staff. Well worth checking out!

A wonderful experience moving my Mom to Brookdale

My mother moved into Brookdale Cumberland on June 6th with the help of many family members and Move Ahead RI - Dan and Beth. She has nearly been there a week and seems to be settling in quite well. My brother has been here visiting from Indiana and has been dining with her for several meals and he can see she is mingling nicely. He was so happy to see that. The residents have been so friendly to her and that makes a huge difference. The staff has been checking on her regularly to make sure she is doing okay and that too makes such a comforting feeling to us all. Kris was so wonderful to deal with in the beginning answering all our questions and Dan (the handy man) came right away to fix a few things that needed fixing) but we have to get him back to hang some pictures, but all in good time. I think are choice was a great one for her, even this morning she just called me to say she was going to the Be Fit class with her friends, so that made me feel so good. She has been very lonely in her condo without her car and we all work, so having people around her all the time will make such a difference, thank you again, we will definitely speak very highly of your facility. Bev - daughter

A postive life transistion

My father is 93 and has lived there for 3 years. I had to take away his car keys and sell his house leading up to this move. It was a major crossroad in his life. He is comfortable in his room, a studio apartment. The staff is friendly to him and watch out for him. They contact me promptly if he has any issues. He participates in many activities there: chair yoga, weights, swimming, walking, dining out, entertainment. He seems to know many people there. He is fortunate to be in good physical shape for his age. He uses the nursing services to administer daily medication. It is an expensive add-on but required in his case. I am satisfied with their service. His mood has greatly improved from the social contact. He lived alone before coming to Brookdale and I can see that he is happy being around people. I never hear him complain about anything there, at least not to me. It has been a positive experience and I would recommend it. I would say that the process of accepting this change in life was the most difficult thing for him. He had always been independent and it was an adjustment.

Good Facility

It was a little misleading when I had initially sat down with them. I was told that they accepted Medicare, but the did not. In addition to that, I was never guided for my father's insurance, they just stuck him on a plan that the facility had and I was not informed of any price structure or anything.

Short on expectations

Overall, this residency is ok however some of the complaints my mother has is the food is not great, rather uninspired and institutional. Quite often menu items are not available. This is due to the menu being made in advance of placing orders with their suppliers and if items are not available through the suppliers, they are not received. The (minor) extra step of updating the menu is not taken. Meals become very important and it is disappointing when you see something on the menu that you have your heart set on and then to be told it's not available.
The Sales Director is very involved right up until you sign the contract and then she disappears. During "pre-signing" conversations, requests for follow up on certain information was promised but then never delivered.
Documentation on the specifics of the add-on services is not provided so it's not clear what exactly you are paying for.
The staff however appear to be very dedicated, pleasant and patient. I have encountered staff coming in on their scheduled days off to address issues or provide coverage.

food is not good

The food is not good at Emerald Bay Retirement Living. All the residents hate it there. Other than that I am happy with this facility.

Nice place, and good food!

Our experience with Emerald Bay Retirement Living has been a good one so far! It's a nice looking place, and the staff are all very friendly and very attentive to the needs of the residents! I've also heard they do a good job with the food, I've had multiple different relatives eat there with her, and they all seemed to like it!

Great tour, she took us at ...

Great tour, she took us at 10:30 but didn't have us down for a tour. Nice Place Thanks Pat

no memory care at this site

no memory care at this site

Very nice facility but does not have ...

Very nice facility but does not have nursing home facility in the case of rehab or more skilled care.

“Our knowledgeable staff works hard to help residents feel comfortable, at ease, safe and at home.” Nestled in the quiet country village of Chapel Four Corners in Cumberland, R.I., Emerald Bay Retirement Living is conveniently located near the state line of Attleboro, Mass., off of Route 295. The community is at 10 Old Diamond Hill Road, on a semi-wooded, quiet private campus.

Emerald Bay features its own exercise area, game room, chapel, beauty salon, library, full laundry rooms, outdoor patios, gazebo, walking trail and an indoor swimming pool. Our spacious apartment homes offer walk-in closets, patios, balconies and step-in showers. Our dining services feature three meals per day with full wait staff and delicious choices to meet any dietary need. And you won’t have to worry about home maintenance or chores. Our staff takes care of all that for you, leaving you time to pursue your interests.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch services. With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones. Popular activities include mind aerobics, “Matter of Balance,” “My Life Story,” and exercise classes.

Our Individualized Care Services (I-Care) offer a helping hand to residents who need assistance with activities of daily living. Our custom programs provide compassionate care and meaningful interaction. Our staff is committed to helping residents maintain their independence and dignity for as long as possible. In addition to assisted and independent living services, we also offer nursing home care.

Residents here are respected as individuals and encouraged to live life more meaningfully. Call us today to find out more.