Elmcroft of Kentwood - Kentwood, MI

The right fit.

We just moved mom and dad in and they love their apartment! It's the perfect size for them to downsize to with their age and abilities. Expect to be greeted with a warm smile throughout the building. You can tell staff is happy to be there.

Just perfect

Great environment to have mom in. Staff is very helpful and understanding. Has a great small community feel and my mom gained some great friends with both staff and others living there.

Overall a good experience!

The staff overall did a good job taking care of my mother while she stayed for a respite stay. They kept her safe and were good to her. I asked them to help her in the shower and they did not help her as I was surprised.

Megan Strothman

We are pleased to hear your overall experience was positive. We do apologize for any negative experiences regarding the shower. We encourage you to call our Ethics Hotline at [removed] to discuss your concerns.

All is Well

My mother is doing well with her move to this community. They are taking great care of her. Everyone is very helpful, and kind. They a great job with the cleanliness. They good meals, and nice activities. All is well for us in this community.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

The facility would be nice for assisted living but the memory care area that we need was very small and had shared rooms.

A Positive Experience

When my friend had an accident and needed help to recover, she went into Elmcroft until she was able to go back home. For the most part, she was very satisfied with everything here. The community was clean all the time. The only complaint was about the food, it was not very good.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Awesome staff!!

The staff at this community where very friendly and helped my dad make a smooth transition into his new living environment. After the experience he had at his last assisted living they have really made him feel comfortable and assured him he is in good care at this facility. I believe we made the best choice for him to live in this place.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear your dad is loving his new home! Our priority is to provide a homelike atmosphere and the very best care for our residents. Thanks again!

Making New Friends

My mom is doing very well here at this community. She is making new friends, and all is well so far. I know she safe, and receiving great care. The staff is great. This is a community I would recommend.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear your mom is settling in and making Elmcoft her new home.

A positive experience for mom!!

While my mother was at the Elmcroft of Kentwood, she was very happy. She loved the place and had a great time while she was there. The girls from the staff there were phenomenal, they loved her and she loved them. We are gracious for the time she got to spend there.

Not the right location!

We did enjoy the tour that we went on. There were people out and doing there stuff. The staff was friendly and answered all of our questions that we had. The community looked nice and clean and well kept. It was just not the right location.

Very Good Experience For My Mother During Her Respite Stay

Everything went very well with my mother's respite stay here at this community. It was a very nice experience, and it is a place I would consider moving her too for long term care. They have a very nice staff here, they were very kind and caring. I like that the fact everybody helped out around the community. There are activities offered for the residents. She was very pleased with the meals. She looked a lot stronger when I picked her up. I knew she was safe and in good hands here. This is a community I would recommend.

Megan Strothman

I would recommend Elmcroft!!

I tried the food and I liked it. Mom is picky and they do offer different choices. Most of the staff are really great and I have no concerns with her being in this community. They offer a lot of activities and the community is clean.

Megan Strothman

That is great to hear! We really value your feedback and thank you for sharing your positive experience.

Friendly and Welcoming

My family and I recently moved our mother to Elmcroft of Kentwood. We are all so impressed by the facility and the caretakers.
Our mother's transition went so smoothly due in my opinion to the staff and their willingness to help her adjust to her new living environment.
I would recommend the facility to anyone looking for a home for their loved ones.

Very nice place!

Our experience with Elmcroft of Kentwood has been a very good one, overall! The employees here are all extremely nice, polite, professional people, and they take great care of the residents! The facility is well kept and clean, and they've got a lot to offer the people who live here.

very friendly, welcoming, and helpful

We have had a very positive experience with Elmcroft of Kentwood. They have been very accommodating, especially given the difficult situation of the circumstances we were in. They have been very friendly, welcoming, and helpful all throughout.

I love my new apartment here. ALL IS...

I love my new apartment here. ALL IS GREAT.

8/15 Rcvd email, they do no...

8/15 Rcvd email, they do not allow smoking anywhere on their campus. Called and spoke with Tambry Cundiff. She said they will do an assessment either at home or at the facility to determine the level of care. They have rooms ranging from studio (one room,) to shared apartment with living space, private bedroom, shared bath. Depending on level of care, price ranges from $79/day to $160/day

Their attitude has been very proactive.

Their attitude has been very proactive. When something comes up, any issues, they say we will find a solution. Not your loved one is doing this, and you need to fix this. The attitude is that's why we're here, let's take care of it. They have a strict policy of giving the medication. I could complain about little, tiny, picky things, like the lightbulb wasn't changed quickly enough, but when it comes the big things they are on it. They really know how to prioritize things. They visit the rooms every two hours or more. They have done everything right that I care about.

Excellent care

They did a great job here. The staff were very kind and compassionate. They did a great job taking care of my loved one, and were always patient even when he got very crabby. It was a nice looking place, and they kept it very clean. One area I'd say could use some improvement is the food, I was not impressed when I tried it.

Really Good With My Mom

They're really good with my mom. They actually get her to smile and laugh which is hard to do. The cost has gone up but my mom's care has also gone up so I understand that. They do really well. She's now in a wheelchair. When she started she was able to us a walker and get around a little bit but she's had a few falls while trying to use the walker by herself which she shouldn't have been doing. She does pretty well with the wheelchair but they're really good about helping her around too.

She likes bingo. They do have crafts but my mom has Parkinson's so it's hard for her. It would be nice if there was something besides bingo for her but she does like that.

I've requested baths 3x a week and they make sure to do that. Anything that I've asked them to do they are really good about doing. They're quite good with her and check on her every hour.

My husband lives there. I looked int...

My husband lives there. I looked into a couple of others while we were looking at communities, and the atmosphere at the Elmcroft was the least institutional. It felt more like a 5-star hotel.

Their costs are pretty reasonable and they also have medical staff on call if needed. The activities are very good, too.

Beautiful place and the staff was gre...

Beautiful place and the staff was great! Love the thought of having everything included in the rate. Very reasonably priced.

I liked this one the best however alt...

I liked this one the best however although we don't know the price range yet it will most likely be higher than what she can afford. Pros - can accommodate up to 100 residents which would give her a wider range of friends to choose from. Residents were from all stages of life which would provide a larger range of ladies she can socialize with. Activities were the best out of the three visited. Suites were spacious and had a sink and small fridge. Dining area was large and very nice. Choice of two meals to choose from for lunch and dinner. Her own mailbox which gives her a feeling of independence since the mail is very private to her. Hallways had lots of areas to stop and sit in a comfortable chair if they needed to. Residents are encouraged to decorate their white pretty doors as well as have a shelf outside of door to place nick knacks or a special picture. Comfortable and spacious living area with large fireplace. Cons ... mass is held in an area where residents can smoke on the other side of the glass doors. Garden area is not smoke free. Concerns about ratio of staff to residents.

This was a nice facility. I did wonde...

This was a nice facility. I did wonder however if the busy wallpaper would be too much for Mom. The gal they thought she would share a room with was a sweetheart and I think they would get along just fine. Just not sure how she would be in that situation. My concern here was she would have to be in the "secured" area as they do not have "secured" doors and if no one was at the desk the client could walk right out of the building. I did like the activity director. He seemed to have alot for them to do.

Interested in checking further into t...

Interested in checking further into this option.

I loved this place - looks very simil...

I loved this place - looks very similar to the Assisted Living place in Alpena that AB was in. We can afford this one, too. I am definitely bringing dad back to this one.

Elmcroft of Kentwood, offers a special combination of daily living, personalized supportive services, and interactive activities. Since 2011, when our first community opened, we have offered a full range of personalized assistance with daily living services to seniors. We focus on wellness and keeping our residents as independent as long as possible with a tailored plan of assistance to meet their needs. Our ergonomically designed community, houses a variety of apartment floor plans to accommodate the personal needs and habits of both our frail and our more active residents. Our residents call Elmcroft of Kentwood their home, and we love to nurture them through our holistic approach of caring for all resident needs - physical, emotional, social, and intellectual. Our residents enjoy Elmcroft for the clean, spacious apartments, affordability, social activities, and the safe secure residential environment. At Heartland Village, we offer compassionate residential care program using the most up-to-date care techniques, specially designed for individuals with Alzheimer's disease or a memory related disorder. Our program encourages each resident to live at their highest potential in an environment of safety, freedom and beauty. Come see why so many seniors call Elmcroft home.