Eckelberry's Elderly Care Inc - Prosper, TX

nicest home mom has had!

My mom is very happy at Eckelberry's Elderly Care. It has a very homey type feeling, as opposed to what you would get in a nursing home.

The have a lot of patience with the residents there. The owner, Barbara, is a very upbeat, positive, Christian lady, which gives a wonderful vibe to the entire place.

They are very personable. Mom has commented about how much she likes the caretakers. She has said she feels at home, and even went so far as to say it's the nicest home she's ever had!

A place For Mom, they really care

My parents live 3hours North of me in Tx. My mom flew to CA in 02-2014, after her 92 year old Aunts husband passed.
My mom asked me to help locate a good assisted living center in TX neat where they live, & a possible temporary stay in CA if needed during the moving process.
No one in my family or friends circuit had any experience in this area (but my mom thinking I'm a computer geek, because I can forward an email, asked me for help).

This is the most pressure I have ever had bestowed on me. I work, I live hours away from my parents & know nothing about this situation. But I needed to help my mom.
So I started googling, and came across, "A Place for Mom." I typed in a few basic answers.
Not expecting to gain any info without a credit card.
You can not imagine how helpful my agent was!
And absolutely free! No credit card info ever needed!
My agent called me right away. I told her the area we wanted, what was mandatory & what was just preference.
Immediately I received an email of listings.
She informed me with info that I needed to ask when calling. I would have never thought of asking those questions.
She also gave me top rated places in CA for a temporary stay & what to ask & what to expect.
I called a few places that she gave me & after talking with 1 owner, I knew this was the place.
My dad went to visit it and loved it.
5 months later my Great Aunt is in a wonderful home. Close to my parents.
During this 5 month process, my agent has continued to follow up with me & send me info through calls & emails.
I can Not express enough how A Place For Mom made such a difficult challenge into an easy process.
Not only would I recommend them, I will let them use my contact info so I can give you more details.

This is a GREAT place for my Mom!

We finally found not only a place for my mom but a place she can call "home"..... After experiencing the "big" assisted living places & the "lack of care" that they provide for ALOT of money & alot of empty promises! We were ready to bring her to our home since we were going there every day & doing the things that they were being paid to do. I happen to see "A place for Mom" online & sent them a msg. After discussing what I was looking for & being on the verge of just bringing her home w/ us.... The lady recommended a residental style place & it was perfect! The owners are absolutely wonderful & caring in every way that my mom needs. I could not ask for a better place for my mom! This is like an extended family already & only a few miles from our home so I can relax & know that if mom needs us we are a short drive away :)

The director was great and the home w...

The director was great and the home was very nice. It was a little farther than we had hoped, but were very pleased with the facility. The only problem we saw was the deteriortion of the people living there.