Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Horrible experience

After searching for a retirement residence for my mother, we decided upon Donway Place. It seemed to be a beautiful and well maintained residence. The staff we met were very friendly and kind. We moved Mom in the [date removed]. The first week of August my Mom took ill with a stomach bug, causing severe diarrhea and severe stomach upset. I was away on vacation when this happened. My brother notified me that Mom was sick. We cut our vacation short and came home. I went to see my mom the following morning. What I walked into made me sick and furious. Mom's bathroom and carpeting had not been kept clean by staff. There was diarrhea on the bedroom floor carpeting, a trail of diarrhea stains from the bedroom to the bathroom and the bathroom floor and toilet were covered in diarrhea EVERYWHERE. NO ONE who came into her suite bothered to report this mess and let her live in it for days. I called and asked for a manager to come up to the suite. A gentleman came up and proceeded to tell me that Mom's suite wasn't due to be cleaned until Friday. He could see the mess and still found this acceptable.
He proceeded to justify the mess and argued with me for 5 to 10 minutes. I lost it at this point and asked for the director of the building. The director came up and was truly shocked at what she found. She apologized profusely for the state of my Mom's room and immediately called for cleaners. I advised the director that I would be taking my Mom home and she would be moving out. My Mom is now with my family and being taken care of.
For $5000.00 + a month I expected better service, respect and care for my Mom.
SHAME ON YOU REVERA

Very nice place

Overall I'm pleased with this facility and the staff. A special thank you to [removed] who was very good in showing us around the facility initially and answering questions.
My mom has been here for over a year and she has enjoyed herself. The food, accommodations, activities, and staff seem to be of an excellent overall quality.

Place for Mom at The Donway

A Place for Mom is an awesome organization. I have recommended it to many of my friends with aging parents. They arrange and set up all appointments, for the family to visit different facilities. All of which are clean and welcoming. They also answer any questions you might have, and you are assigned a specific person to deal with who is always available either by phone or email. A friendly and reliable service.

My mom is at the Donway, and after the initial day of the unknown, she is adjusting well and is happy. She is participating in activities and making friends. The Donway is a friendly and welcoming facility. All the staff are welcoming and helpful. The suites are wonderful; clean and beautifully carpeted. I would recommend this facility to anyone who wants the best for their parents...If I was older, I would consider moving in there myself...lots to do and great care.

Donway Place is a bustling retirement residence in Toronto, Ontario, offering 140 Independent Living suites and 90 Assisted Living suites in a variety of styles. Many suites have a lovely courtyard view.With our array of programs and amenities, residents enjoy a full social life and participate in the activities that they love. Our supportive 24-hour staff add to the comfort and convenience. Donway Place’s sister site, Don Mills Seniors’ Apartments, is attached and accessible with an interior bridge.