Highlander Place - Kelso, WA has yet not published prices.

Highly Recommended

My Mom is living at Highlander Place for almost 2 years.
She has excellent care! The staff has always been so helpful and accommodating.
I would highly recommend this facility to anyone who is looking for a place for their mom or dad or any family member.

A Great Fit for my Father.

I spent a week out West visiting my 99-year-old Dad who lives here. The room he had (a two-unit place) was well kept and had wonderfully big windows overlooking the nature outside. I loved that his bird suet feeder that one of family put up was refilled regularly by maintenance staff so he could watch the birds. The nursing, activities, and admin staff was caring and attentive, the food good (I ate with him at least once a day and there multiple food selections for each meal) and there were lots of activities (he loves the exercise class). It's perfect for his needs as he didn't want to live with us in Chicago when he needed full-time care (our home has stairs to the bathroom - and he is NOT a Chicago Cubs or Chicago winter weather fan :-)

Highlander Place was a Good Fit

Highlander Place was a very good fit for our dad. He liked the smaller size of the building, the family feel and the caring and friendly staff/caregivers.
The food is good, the building is clean, and the exercise class is very beneficial.
He loved the "country" setting and that he could see wildlife and birds from his apartment.
[name removed]

Wonderful Home

My Mother in Law was a past resident at Highlander and received great care. Now, My mother is a resident and we still love this home!
It's fresh, lively, inviting, organized, efficient, cozy, and welcoming!
I can not say enough good about it. It's been the perfect solution for mom and our family to put our minds at ease knowing she is getting loving personal care by a terrific staff!
[name removed]

Kindness Shown to our Dad

Thank you for the Loving care you all provided to our Dad.
We appreciated your Welcoming him "Home" after his injury.
Family of [name removed]

Highlander Place treated me great!

I live at this community since July of 2018.
I have been in the Longview/Kelso area since 1957.
This is the best location to have lived.
I am 98 years old and will be 99 in June 2019.
I have been married twice and lost both to cancer.
Have a daughter and a son.
I have enjoyed my stay here at Highlander.
[Name removed]

Great Place to Live

I live in this community and my loved ones lived in this community.
It is expensive for me to live here, but all my relatives lived here.
So I call myself a Washington Hillbilly.
[Name removed]

We were lied to about cost and other things

They lied to us to fill a bed.The old director lied to my whole family as he was quitting.I would not reccomend going to this place because of the fact we were told one thing,then after my parent moved in they changed everything and charged more.NOT HAPPY

Newer facility but more expensive

I liked this facility better than some of the other places I toured. It is a newer community and it’s more out of the city. I unfortunately couldn’t bring my Father here because it doesn’t fit his needs. [Removed] the tour guide was wonderful and seemed very knowledgeable and informative. It was a smaller facility but it was more expensive than other places. I was also thinking about long term care and they do not accept Medicaid.

Slowly Adjusting

Dad seems to be slowly adjusting to the Highlander Place. It has been hard losing his independence and the way he was accustom to living his life. Right now we are working with the community and trying to get some clarity on their point system and how they charge based on the services they actually provide. The staff does their best to assist him when he needs their help. He seems to like the meals that they serve. They provide transportation for the residents for weekly shopping trips and dad has started to join them on their outtings. They have some nice walking and sitting areas for the residents to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. I would recommend others to take a look at this community.

My mom's experience

The staff is amazing [Removed] just to name a few treat mom with amazing care. My mom likes the meals they give her plenty of choices. My only concern is they only have 1 activities person when she is gone or busy all activities stop.
The apartments are clean nice set-up and easy for wheelchairs to get around.

Nursing Home Look and Feel

The community is nice however once you get in there and start walking around you can see that it resembles more of a nursing home than assisted living. It just didn't give the feeling of not being independent and not doing things for yourself.The staff was friendly and informative and the appearance of the community was clean and nice but my mom knew it wasn't the place where she would be happy.

A tour for care

We toured this community and the staff was nice. The rooms were very small and not what we loved te cleanliness and very beautiful. A lot of nice people. This would have been a nice place for good care for my father. He was a community that had more men, and at this time it would not be what he was wanting. Families should tour this community for the care of a loved one.

My father

I was not happy with this community because he did not get the care that we were wanting. They did not pay close to him. The community needs to work on the cleaning at times. The location is close to me and the price was affordable for us.If you're looking for care for someone who needs constant care this is a great community. Families should make sure that this will fit for the care of family members care.

Wonderful experience!!

Since I moved in, things are going great. I am getting stronger. I love the food that is provided here, it is very tasty. I have joined activities and made many new friends. We are going to a movie next week. So far, my favorite activity is the bean bag baseball.

I toured Highlander Place. It is out of way and was higher priced than [Removed] and the unit was not as nice.,

Slice of heaven!

This place is wonderful. The staff is so kind and helpful. My mother in law is there and her own words it's a slice of heaven. We looked at a lot of places and when we went here new it was the one. ThIs is a smaller community about 22 everything is close so she doesn't have to go far to get where she wants. There's lots to do only if you want to and the court yard is beautiful. It's a must place to check out. We live 1500 miles away so they give us updates by email and it's nice because we know she is safe and that's a great piece of mind.

This place is wonderful. The staff is so kind and helpful. My mother in law is there and her own words it's a slice of heaven. We Looked at a lot of places and when we went here new it was the one.

They Have An Awesome Staff Here

This is a lovely community, it has been a very nice experience for my mother here. She has adjusted very well to the community. The staff have been awesome, it has been pleasure working with them. She is getting involved in the community and trying the activities they offer. The food is decent. They do a good job of keeping the community nice and neat. I know she is getting good care. Overall this would be a community I would recommend.

My mother gets great care at Crawford House

My 98 year old mother has lived at Crawford House for about 4 months at the time I am writing this. The smaller size of Crawford House is perfect and the move has been absolutely awesome for her. She is not very social, so it is hard to get her out and about. But, the staff is fabulous with her. They never give up encouraging her to go to meals, and no matter what they make sure she has a good meal each and every time, even if she insists on eating alone in her apartment. She has many interactions with the staff throughout each day, and it is obvious to me that they really care about her. I even occasionally get calls from CH staff to discuss ideas and items to improve my mother's day to day life. The attitude at Crawford House is all about the care of the resident, and far less about paperwork, and constant assessment. Bottom line, they do an incredible job of caring for Lois, and I don't worry about her day to day like I have in the past. The facility is quite nice, well maintained and very pleasant in every way. But, it is the staff that really sets Crawford House apart from other, larger, and perhaps better known/marketed facilities in this area.

Good Transition

Overall it has just been a pretty good transition for my loved one into the Crawford House. I gave them an overall Four-Star Rating because that is how I feel about the place and there really is nothing else to say about it.

I am loving it here.

I am loving it here. I can't tell you how happy I am about this move. It was the best thing I have done since I moved to the Northwest. It's a nice place, it isn't fancy, but it's nice and clean. Everyone is beyond wonderful. The food is wonderful They have two of the best cooks. They have gone out of their way to help with my husbands blood sugar, they make a lot of sugar free desserts. It's been just great!

A perfect place that cares

I moved my parent to a smaller assistant living called the Crawford House. They are much happier. The care they get is great. I love the people there they are very friendly. I love the director, she has a heart of gold with the residents & is willing to work with the family members in any way she can. When it comes to my parent I'm very protective and watch there health & care like a hawk. I'm really pleased with the Crawford House & couldn't ask for a better place for them.
Thank you so very much for taking such good care of them.

Great Facility

The care services are really good they give individualize care and encouraging the patients to come out and participate in the activities. MY mom is very happy their and she has been to places that doesn't care and this one does. She is developing a social life here then she hasnt been anywhere else. for the first time in a long time I have a piece of mind that she is in a good place.

Nice smaller facility, think I'll have dad take a tour. Don't have 24 hr day nursing which is a drawback.