Kansas City Center - Kansas City, MO

My Thought Of The Tour

This is a small older building and they keep it clean. This community is a little more expensive for the services you receive then the community I chose. The staff are nice and I would recommend taking a look at this community.

Not trustworthy

My 96 year old friend was here for a couple of years. During that time it became increasingly worse. When we finally had her moved to another facility we were unable to retrieve some of her property. She had some items in a "lock box" that was provided by the facility. She was moved three weeks ago and has yet to receive the box and/or her property. They tell us each week they will bring the box to her and they will not do so. On the previous Friday night they promised they would arrive by 6pm. I came to wait with her. By 8pm they had not arrived with her property. We are afraid it is long gone.
This is just one of many issues that happened with her at this facility. It's so sad they have such little respect for their clients.

Very caring staff

My father stayed in this place for almost 7 years. He started in the Alzheimer's unit, then as his condition progressed he was moved into the regular unit (he was no longer at risk of wandering off). It is not the fanciest place but it is generally clean and safe for the patients. Dad was treated with utmost care & respect, I believe the staff truly cared about him. He passed away summer of 2013, and his last few days were spent here in hospice care. Throughout that terrible time the staff were supportive and friendly, encouraging us to share stories about Dad, and sharing with us things they liked about him. As I mentioned, it may not be the fanciest or have the nicest newest furniture, but the caring people are what mattered to me. They helped my dad pass peacefully and with dignity.

This is the worst place I have ever s...

This is the worst place I have ever seen. The whole facility smells like urine..The staff is very nasty

not here

Horrible place. Nursing staff is unprofessional. The medical unit is disgusting. The residents are shamefully mistreated and neglected. Management and administration sucks. By far the worst facility I have been in . I hate to even give them one star.

It was a very good facility

It was a very good facility

Corner Brook Place offers personalized skilled nursing care and rehabilitation services providing both return-to-home services and long term care. If you are searching for a more independent care setting, Corner Brook Place also has available affordable Residential Care apartments.
Our Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation Therapy, and Interdisciplinary teams work side by side with you in developing goals aimed at creating positive outcomes. It is our Mission to provide a warm, caring, and homelike environment that exceeds the expectations of our residents, while delivering individualized quality of care.