Brookdale West St. Paul - West Saint Paul, MN

Short term stay is great

My dad is here and this is for a short term stay so it is a good fit. The people here are super nice and attentive. There are only 13 people here and they don't have an activity director so the daily activities are limited. They have home cooked meals and they all sit at the table. They will clean my dads room 2x a week. They have a nice patio area. We may be transferring to a Brookdale in California which is great. I would recommend this community.

Smaller community with less residents

My sister lives here. The community is pretty good and she seems to like it because it’s a small community and there aren’t a lot of residents. Everything is very accessible to her as far as in getting around and the staff has been very nice. She doesn’t need a lot of care but they’re helpful in doing little things for her if she needs them to. The food is okay but they serve a lot of the same things and don’t offer much of a variety. They have a few activities available as well as morning exercise classes. The cleanliness is good, we haven’t had any issues, and housekeeping comes by daily to empty the waste baskets and vacuum. The only issue we’ve had is with the bookkeeper and our bills not matching up with their records. It is something we’re currently trying to work on though. Overall, I would recommend this place to others.

Great Place

My mother has been in Brookdale for over a month now and I can't say enough good things about this place. She really likes it there and especially enjoys the home cooked meals. Brookdale has been able to meet all her physical needs which has really lightened the burden on our family. The staff are great and very friendly.

Comfort for mom!

I have mixed feelings about Brookdale. The care for my mother has been great, we are very happy with that part. The concern has been the billing. My sister paid last month and handed the front desk a check, but they charged us a $250 late fee because it if not make it to the payment center on time. We are very disappointed with that experience. Other than that, mom seems happy and I am comfortable with the care she is receiving.

A good respite stay.

Ths staff at Brookdale were amazing and over the top. Mom had a very good respite stay. She liked the food and they did offer some activities. The community is clean, small and has a homey feel to it. This community was just a little to far away from us for mom to stay here. I would recommend this community.

Very good with involving each individual resident with any activities and at meal time. The number of available staff on site makes the higher cost worth it.

Care for a loved one

The manager was not nice and she made me have to make a decision right on the spot. We wanted to take our time on this move for my husband. I did see that the community and it seems to be nice. I know that they had a nice choice on the menu. I would suggest that families check this community for the options that might be a good fit for a loved one to receive good care.

Adjusting Better Than I Expected

My mother has adjusted pretty well to this community, I'am satisfied.Everybody has been very friendly and helpful, the staff is great. They really know what they are doing when it comes to caring for people with Alzheimer's. It is a nice looking community, her room and the community is very well maintained. She is trying some of the activities offered. I like the food, they do serve well balanced meals. I know she is safe and in good hands. This is a community I would recommend.

I liked that it was small and that they would allow motion monitor. I saw someone go attend to a person whose monitor was chiming. Sticky dining room floors, but otherwise my first choice so far.

It's awesome. It's a good place.

It's awesome. It's a good place. It's clean and the people are friendly. They are very compassionate. I would recommend it over and over again.

Seemed like a nice place!

Brookdale-Clare Bridge is terrific for memory care

I researched a number of sites for my mom. Brookdale (Clare Bridge) was by far the best! It is a small community (19 residents), in a home like setting. The staff is extra-special. They care, have years of experience in memory care and neurology, and are real human beings who make this memory care path a positive experience for elders. I highly recommend Brookdale - Clare Bridge for Memory Care....I enrolled my mom there and it's been the best decision.

The staff is nice but the food is not good

The staff is very nice. The food is not good at all. For the amount of money we pay, I think the menu has a long way to go. The cookies were burnt and it's really unhealthy to eat burnt cookies. I been there when french fries were not cooked right. They should also fix their menu to where there's no repeated meals. I'm not impressed with the food. Other than that, the people are lovely. The staff is very friendly.

A wonderful place. Very clean. Very caring people. The care staff are attentive, professional, and friendly.We have been pleased with the staff and helpfulness They have been doing a great job.This is a homey feel and it does seem to have some of the nicest people in the industry.

fantastic

The nurse there at Clare Bridge of West St. Paul is fantastic. She really goes above and beyond to make sure everyone is cared for and getting what they need.

We have had a few issues with the washing of clothes, as some clothes get mixed up and others have gone missing.

Also, we just recently found out there are mice, which hopefully they are going to take care of soon.

The rooms are very nice, with big windows.

Would not recommend

We did not have a good experience with Clare Bridge at all. When we toured we fell in love with the place, it looked very nice, the staff were friendly, and it seemed they could provide the sort of care we needed. However, although this is a memory care facility they only seemed able to handle very low needs memory care residents. My loved one needed a lot of help, and they were absolutely not prepared for it. They asked if we could have family members come in on the evenings since the two girls they had working couldn't handle him alone, let alone the rest of the residents they had to look after. We've also had a lot of trouble with the billing. He was only there 2 weeks before we moved him to a more appropriate facility, and they said we would get a refund of a portion of the large upfront fee we paid. It has been over a month, and we have not seen the refund, and we continue to get bills saying that we owe them money.
It's disappointing it didn't work out, because the two women that run the place were very nice, and it looked great. However I just cannot recommend this place to anyone whose loved ones have anything more than just basic care needs.

Everything was o.k. except for the fa...

Everything was o.k. except for the fact that they called me one Sunday to state that my Dad wasn't cooperating because he didn't want to go to the bathroom. They said he should go to the ER..because they just didn't know what to do with him.

This place was wonderful.

This place was wonderful. I would have chosen it, but it was just too far away. I also have friends here and they just love it, and tell me how great it is.

Uphill battle to please Mom.

This is a homey feel and it does seem to have some of the nicest people in the industry. They are always trying to invite residents to join in activities and take them out in a group too.
The down side is that my Mom is having a hard time adjusting and has fallen more than once and we were not alerted. It appears we will need to look for a care center that will handle her needs.

It's really overwhelming to try to fi...

It's really overwhelming to try to figure out the financial situation when you bring your loved one in. All of the add ons are a shock. Everything costs. So budgeting for private pay is super difficult. But the staff is great, the room is nice and we feel that mom is safe and secure and that's what matters most.

The residents in both the ...

The residents in both the nursing home and the assisted living all seemed to be sitting in chairs in the main area and appearing to be 'over medicated' and with no interaction with staff.

I loved this place! It is ...

I loved this place! It is a long way to travel to but I feel they really are living their mission of giving quality care. I want to move my mom there.

nice facility but large and not very ...

nice facility but large and not very open- feels closed in. The layout is not at all open for viewing residents.

A wonderful place. Very clean. Very...

A wonderful place. Very clean. Very caring people.

Looks good.

Looks good.

At Clare Bridge we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. We provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An Integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

Clare Bridge provides Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs and care they need to help stimulate recognition, recall and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia we have learned how to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. Our Alzheimer’s and dementia care programs are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.