Brookdale Tulsa 71st and Sheridan - Tulsa, OK

Good Location, But Concerned About the Care

My husband is doing okay with his move to this community, but I do have some concerns. They do not check his blood pressure as much as I would like. The location is convenient for our family to travel too, but we are concerned about the level of care his receiving.

Great Tour!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff where friendly and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone it was just not the right fit for him in the end decision.

Bad smell!

I really liked Brookdale Tulsa, it would have been my top choice. The thing that steered me away was the smell, I couldn't get passed the smell as soon as you walk in. Everyone was very nice and if it wasn't for that, I would have moved my mother here.

Getting An Insight On the Tour

On my tour I saw a suitable community for a person in need. Nothing was wrong with their services. The main factor for my search was to find a place that was close to me and staff who were professional. I was given a proper tour,no lateness or rushing.

Unique activities that encourage socialization.

I chose Brookdale Tulsa because the lady who showed me the community said her grandmother was a resident here.I felt if it was good enough for her grandmother it would be a nice place for my mother and so far I am not wrong. The community is very clean. They offer a variety of activities. One day they made cupcakes, once a week the paint each others toes and fingernails. My mother has made several friends. They also offer something called a virtual pet. Its stuffed animal that purrs and wiggles when you pet it. There was a lady one day who was very upset, she picked up one of the virtual pets and started petting it and it calmed down her down. One thing they did that was very nice was I've struggled with finding shoes that fit my mother. I had hip replacement surgery and couldn't drive around to buy her shoes. One of the staff members picked up shoes for her and returned the ones that didn't fit. I thought that was very nice of them.

My father's care

I like the care here for my father. The staff are very nice and trying. The meals are very good and he is happy with the variety. I like that he is really participating with the other residents. We would recommend that other families tour this community to see if this is what they are looking for.

Great care for our father.

While our father was a resident at Brookdale on 71st, he got excellent and compassionate care. The staff treated him respectfully and sought to find ways to make his time well spent. Because this facility is dedicated to residents with dementia and Alzheimer's, we felt the staff didn't have to divide their time between memory care and assisted living. The staff also interacted with other residents in a loving and patient way. We also appreciated the care the staff provided our family when our father passed away.

This community works for us.

The staff are nice and helpful. I have good communication with the nurse. There seems to be a pretty good variety of food. They always have activities and they have people coming in for entertainment. The community is clean and I feel we get excellent care for the price.

Nice Tour of This Community

I had a good tour of this community. It is a nice looking community, everything looked very nice and clean. The tour guide was kind and informative. It was just a little to far for me to travel to everyday to see her. Overall my tour went well, and this is a nice community with kind people.

My tour!

This community was clean and the staff I met were nice. They offer complimentary transportation and allow pets. This is a secured memory care community.

Unsatisfactory

We weren't satisfied with our mother's treatment at this location.

Probably Just as Good as Any Other Facility

Please remember when 'shopping' for a memory care facility - or any assisted living facility - that the facility's main goal is to get you and your loved ones to choose and move into their property. In short, they want your money. Clare Bridge verbally promised services and care that weren't in the written contract and, therefore, were not provided. For instance, they told us light housekeeping was performed on a daily basis, but that service wasn't in the contract, nor was it provided.
Once your loved one has moved in to a facility, please make sure you stay involved as much as possible with their care. My mother was at Clare Bridge for 10 weeks before she fell and broke her hip. During that time, members of our family visited with Mom at least 4 times a week. Every time we arrived, there was something missing from her care - her room smelled like a dirty diaper or her oxygen set-up was not done properly, for instance. The staff was always friendly and accommodating when matters were brought to their attention, but we actually worried more about Mom than when she had been in her own home.

Nice place

Overall I think they do a great job at Clare Bridge of Tulsa, we're very happy with how things have turned out. It's a nice looking, clean, well kept place, and the staff are all very friendly and professional. They take great care of the people who live here.

Cindy was very helpful. Mo...

Cindy was very helpful. Mom needs to be in a place with more people at her same level for now. If our needs change, I would certainly contact Cindy.

This is where I'm going to ...

This is where I'm going to put my mom. Hope they still have a room. The sooner the better. Unfortunetly, going down quickly

I'm pretty satisfied so far.

They do a pretty good job. The staff is very friendly, and it's a clean community. They are very responsive, and attentive to the needs of the residents. The food is pretty good, I've eaten there. I'm pretty satisfied so far. I like the fact that they have locked doors, so it's a secure building. You have to ring to get in.

More advanced memory care

They seem to have a lot of activities – but I’m not sure they do them all the time. I think they really need to understand – it needs to be explained up front that Clare bridge is for memory care patients that are more advanced.

Nice community.

It was clean. We toured this one. The people we spoke with were friendly. We chose another community because of cost concerns. It’s nice enough thought that if it hadn’t been for the price, we would have considered it.

They are very nice here and real plea...

They are very nice here and real pleasant. They do try, and they try their best. However, they charge for some services that they are not performing. Then, they try to charge even more to go around and do it "for a second time", when they really didn't perform it the first time. Their costs are very high, but I do believe they do their best. They have aids, and they check on the residents. They recently had an Alheimer's meeting with the relatives of new residents, and it was very nice.

Great Place

So Far wonderful facility. Outstanding Mkt.director. Has fulfilled our moms needs far surpassing our expectations.

Great experience other than billing.

The billing I would give a one. They are always off, the contract isn't reflected in the bill. They only reflected part of the deposit I made. The food is quite good. You don't have the smells associated with poor care, the hygeine of the patients is being maintained. I like the large central grassy area. Of course the staff is very friendly and you can see they really care.

Run past this place!

If you are looking for any kind of "MEMORY" care keep looking. been fighting with this place to do what they contracted to do.(bathing, assistance in dressing) let alone things done on a schedule, that is recommended for memory care patients. Food is awful. (frozen and then reheated)... Turn Over is so fast you wont be able to keep up. Corporate, State Department of Health, Ombudsman so far have done nothing to help me. Place is dirty, And you better inventory every thing you have AND lock it down. It disappears. (Told me my 94 lb mother ate a case of donuts in a 8 hour shift AND a Case of water.) Cant wait to find a place that will do what they say. And I am tired of paying the "NON REFUNDABLE" community fee's at these places that can't even keep my mom clean! Tired of this.

Great community

(Value Not Rated) Clare Bridge was one of the recommendations Joanne from A Place for Mom gave us. Their staff here is really friendly and the community is very clean. They have a nice garden area for the residents. We are very pleased with them so far. Did not rate value because it is still too soon to tell.

At Clare Bridge we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. We provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An Integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

Clare Bridge provides Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs and care they need to help stimulate recognition, recall and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia we have learned how to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. Our Alzheimer’s and dementia care programs are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.