Brookdale Sun Prairie - Sun Prairie, WI

[removed] is very content at Brookdale and that is very refreshing for the family.

Feeling very confident that I made the right choice for my brother-in-law. Recent visitors have told me they find things neat and clean and everyone friendly there when they visit.

We are only in for one week now but everything seems to be going smoothly. Personnel are very friendly and accommodating. Our brother-in-law seems very comfortable there.
[Removed]

Great Facility Made Mom's Move Easier Than Expected

Mom has late age Alzheimer's and this is an excellent facility for her care. Low number of patients (20 maximum), great personnel trained in Dementia/Alzheimer care and therapeutic instruction, very good meals, and a very caring staff made the transition for mom as easy as possible in a very trying time in her life moving from her own home to assisted living.

Tour

the place was nice enough and the staff friendly but just not the atmosphere we were looking for for mother.

Felt like home when I walked in the door. Most of the residents involved in a lively activity in the main room. The central open kitchen offering a delightful aroma of an upcoming lunch (a nearby side bar with a decadent chocolate dessert. Clean and fresh hallways and common areas. Staff friendly and welcoming and with only 20 residents a good ratio of staff. The presentation was clear and concise and focused on our needs before talking of price. Children playing at a nearby daycare was a welcome sound as well. Loved it.

While Clare Bridge bills itself as Memory and Dementia Care, they are not trained handle behaviors associated with later stage Alzheimer's. Staff is caring but not able to deal with aggression or lack of cooperation even though they will say it is "normal" to see this kind of behavior. Even after medications were adjusted in a geriatric psych unit, they would not take my husband back and I was left scrambling to find acceptable accommodations.

Friendly and caring

They don’t have skilled nursing. I’m told the activities are good. This community has a comfortable home environment with a very friendly and caring staff. Well worth checking out. The food is excellent. The parking might be a little limited.

Outstanding in every way

I can't find much to complain about at Clare Bridge. The day we checked my mom in, each of the staff members, plus the director, came into the room to introduce themselves to mom. The staff keeps them busy and engaged all day, so they don't spend a lot of time alone in their rooms. It's very, very small, only about 20 residents; just a perfect size for lots of attention from the staff. And speaking of the staff, they are lovely, caring, friendly and helpful. Robert, the director, already made his fortune in another line of work. He is at Clare Bridge to make a difference in the lives of Alzheimer's patients. Oh, and did I mention that the food is absolutely outstanding? There's also a day care next door so the residents can be outside and watch the kids. Mom is SO happy here--she actually thanked my sister and I for bringing her there. I'm sure everyone will have a different experience, but ours so far (early May 2014) has been fantastic. Two huge thumbs up!!!

It’s a very good place.

It’s a very good place. My mother-in-law likes the food. It looks good and smells good. The community is clean and the staff is friendly. I don’t know a lot about the activities, but my mother-in-law hasn’t said anything negative.

Good reasons to choose Clare Bridge for Mom

Clare Bridge of Sun Prairie was very welcoming to us. We toured, visited more at least an hour, compared the facility to 3 other places, and chose Clare Bridge.
We chose because of the hominess, the staff, the cleanliness, the location, and the cost for the number of ADLS we know that Mom needs. We also HAD to have a place that was secure for Mom, and Clare Bridge does it!
I was able to stay overnight with Mom the first night, so I had a delicious breakfast with her, and the cook provided an excellent choice for Mom, especially following Mom's diabetic diet.
We feel comfortable calling the facility, and believe that if the staff have any questions for us, they will call.

Great Job, Clare Bridge!

My brother has been at Clare Bridge for a couple of weeks, and it is going very well for him. The facility is very homey, clean and bright, and the staff is genuinely welcoming and helpful. My brother has joined most of the activities offered to him and even made a new friend from within the resident group. I vistied several facilities in our general area, and Clare Bridge was without a doubt the best. When my brother moved in and in the days since then, I have never wished that we had selected another facility.

Very impressed with the care here!

We are more than happy with the services they provide here! Our loved one seems like she is in a much better place. She's not able to participate in activities, but they do their best to keep her moving around and involved, instead of just plopping her in front of a TV all day, like the place she was at previously.
We'd have no problems recommending this place to anyone, they do a great job!

Both Parents are Happy

It depends on the staff, what kind of care they get. There is no management on the third shift. They are lacking in work and care. The food is really good. It is secure. The structure is good. If you do have issues you can talk to the director but he doesn't do anything about it. If you have big issues you have to go higher up than director of the individual facility.

My parents are both in single rooms in different hallways of the communites. Mom is in memory care and dad is in assisted living. They are happy over all.

Cozy, warm place

We've been very pleased with them, it's a very homey feeling. The first tour I took before we even had my mother in law look at it, it felt so cozy, it felt like home. They've got her involved in activities like I've never seen her involved before, it's a wonderful place. I guess it's only recently (the past year or so) been turned into a dementia/memory care unit and it's much smaller and cozier than some of the ones we looked at.
I really liked how it felt there, I talked to the people and residents there and there was such a wide range of people. There's not a ton of beds but there's a wide variety of people.

Excellendt! Great Care and Activities

They're staff is excellent! I think it's great. We don't have any gripes with anything. For the quality of care my dad is getting, I think it's great. The care is real good. He hasn't been there very long so they're still getting to know him and he's still getting to know them. They've done everything they said they're going to do. He's getting the care he needs and he's happy there.

The activities coordinator is always with him. He wants to do thing and is able and motivated. They took them to the zoo the other day and he really enjoyed that. They have a little garden and he just loves that. They have a bunch of stuff and they try to work with the individual persont o see what they enjoy doing.

20 beds. 17 currently occupied. One...

20 beds. 17 currently occupied. One Jewish lady resident, Tillie Fisher. They brought in a Rabbi last year at Hannukah because she felt left out for holiday. OT/PT/ST onsite daily. Activities 4/wk with staff. Half bath (toilet and sink). Shower and tub in hallway. CBRF, class C. End of life with Hospice. RA 3-1/2 years. Nurse onsite 2-1/2 days/week. Base rate + personal service plan based on needs. Part of Brookdale - one of the largest providers of this type of care.

At Clare Bridge we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. We provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An Integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

Clare Bridge provides Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs and care they need to help stimulate recognition, recall and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia we have learned how to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. Our Alzheimer’s and dementia care programs are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.