Brookdale East Niskayuna - Niskayuna, NY

[name removed] was very friendly and helpful in this difficult process. The open environment at Brookdale is fantastic and you could see that the residents were happy and well cared for. [name removed] was very thorough in her presentation which left me with very little questions I needed answered. The tour of the building was great and she showed us all areas as well as the different room styles. The staff interaction with the residents is great, very light hearted and fun which the residents just loved.

Very nice facility. 100 % memory care. The price is too high for our budget.

They only seem to care about the money

Things have not been going well at this community. They have a high staff turnover and they do not keep the community or the residents rooms clean. They are not attentive to the residents personnel needs. The food is not good and they make excuses as to why the food on the menu was not served. They did not do a nursing assessment before my loved one moved in. The shower is not in the resident's room it is down the hall.

Very Good Staff at This Community

My mother is doing well since her move to this community. Everything is working out good, and I'am satisfied. She is one of the more mentally stable ones in the community. So at times it can be difficult for her to adjust. However they have a very good staff, I know she is in good hands. The meals are decent. They do a good job with the cleanliness. Overall I would recommend this community, it is a nice facility.

A top notch community

Ths staff at this community are fabulous. The food is good and they offer healthy options. The community is lovely and well taken care of. They do offer some daily activities. This is a memory care lock down community and I would recommend it.

Very impressed !!

I am very impressed with this community and the variety of services they have been providing my loved one. The building has lots of fresh plants and natural light throughout the building so that the residents feel right at home. My brother has also really liked how well the staff have taken care of him, they are always interacting with him and making sure he is enjoying his day. I have already recommended this place to many people and will continue to do so to anyone looking for an assisted living.

Facility noted to be clean. Staff professional. No scents noted. Activities well attended. Outside trips and specific interest to the individual made. Available outdoor spaces. Many choices for meals. Medications managed. Program developed specific to memory care. Staff friendly and supportive. Medical coverage part of service.

Overall it's going pretty well.

Overall it's going pretty well. Communication with the family could be better, I thought we would get more updates just on general things. It would be nice to know if there is going to be a new doctor, or just how things are going, a general update. It's very clean, and there are lots of activities. I really don't have any complaints, other than the communication.

Nice place, overall!

Overall things have worked out well for our family at Clare Bridge of Niskayuna! It is a nice looking place, they keep it very clean, and all the furniture is new. The staff here are friendly and professional, and they do a great job taking care of the people who live here.

angry, not a good experience

I had an issue with the director of Clare Bridge of Niskayuna and registered a complaint with Brookdale.

My wife was only there for ten days and it became a terrible situation. My wife was not accurately assessed and thus did not receive the sort of care and watch that she needed.

The director of the place promised me that he would take her back after the hospital stay, but then they refused to take her back. I had high hopes, but I was duped. I am also still waiting (two months now) to get some money reimbursed that I am owed.

There is no way I could recommend Clare Bridge of Niskayuna.

Very nice place, friendly and welcoming staff

Things have gone very well so far with Clare Bridge of Niskayuna! It is a very nice looking, clean community, and the staff have all been very friendly. They've really done a great job helping her adjust and settle in to the community. She was very against moving in to any sort of senior living, but they went above and beyond to make her feel comfortable and welcome. One thing I would like to see them do better, however, would be to have a little more variety in the food, there is a lot of repetition in the meals.

Service First

All well done. Though money never entered into the transaction, it had no affect on the timely service I was provided. Thank you.

Don't send a love one to this horrible place.

This is the worse place to put a loved one. The director Matt [removed] is a liar and he threatens staff not to talk with family members. Matt threatens family members to have their parent's labeled and put in a hire level of care or will charge for more care but can't provide. Matt is a bully. He is very disrespectful to women. This place is understaffed and residents wanders for hours. There is very little interaction and daily there are hours with nothing to do. The residents fight with each and physically harm each other. Matt is aware and fails to provide a safe place. Residents are simply not safe. They lock residents in rooms, the food is not fit for humans and there is often body fluids throughout the place. This place is not assisted living. They charge more for for a "Memory Care" but are only an adult home.

Things are improving under the new director

They are under a new director, and he really had to get new staff and they just need a little more dicipline. They were losing personal belongings, and the few times I went there, the staff was not present. The last two weeks we were there they started to improve. Their staff pool, where they get the staff from is not as caring or as experienced as her new home. The management is good, The calandar was full but the activities weren't happening. The food is not that good.

Finding a safe home for a loved one.

This was a very difficult decision to make for us. We looked at a few different facilitys,with the help from A Place For Mom. When we took a tour at Clare Bridge of Niskayuna with Matt Pinto he explained what they provide. When we left we knew this was the right place for my husbands brother.They are always helpful with any questions. My husbands brother is adjusting very quickly with the suport of the staff. We are very pleased with the decision we made for him and would recomend Clare Bridge without any hesitation.

Pleased with attention Mom will recei...

Pleased with attention Mom will receive on a regular basis, individual needs assessed, weight monitoring. Beautiful facitlity, rooms are cold, bathroom in room cold, does not include private shower Not clear how many showers or med distributions are included in rate rate starts at $4900, does not include cable or phone.

Clare Bridge provides a comfortable, home-like setting with programs and services designed specifically for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other memory impairments. Clare Bridge offers private and companion suites in a comfortable neighborhood environment. Unique building features, such as visual cues and walking paths, help residents stay independent and find their way. Twenty-four hour trained staff works closely with each resident to provide personal assistance that promotes independence, dignity and choice. Our life enrichment program enables residents to participate in activities that can enhance self-esteem and maximize quality of life. Services offered at Clare Bridge include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Purposefully designed environment, including interior and exterior walking paths, way-finding cues and a home-like setting
- All exterior doors alarmed at all times
- Neighborhoods designed for small groups of residents help to regulate stimulation and create familiarity
- Resident Assistance Center located within each neighborhood enables staff to provide necessary services with privacy and dignity
- Exterior living spaces include enclosed courtyards and patios
- Training designed to assist staff in managing difficult behaviors and work effectively with the memory impaired
- Life Enrichment and Memory Support Programs