Brookdale Leawood State Line - Leawood, KS

Accommodating staff!

The staff have been taking great care of my husband during his respite stay! Though he has had a little trouble sleeping at night, the staff are very accommodating and are they do what they can to make him feel as comfortable as possible. I have no complaints about his stay!

They were kind and compassionate to our loved one. From what we observed, they treated all of the residents with dignity and respect. They kept us informed and answered our questions/concerns in a timely manner.

I Had A Good Tour

I had a good nice tour of this facility. The community looked nice, and well maintained. It was a pleasant experience. The staff friendly, and nice to my family , and I. Everything went well, but unfortunately this was not the community for us.

Nice Community, My Tour Was Pretty Decent

For the most part I had a good tour of the community. It was a decent experience. The community looked pretty well-kept. The staff I met was courteous and nice. Everyone was kind and friendly to my family and I. There were many factors that played into where to move my mother to. This is a decent community, but not the one for my mother and her needs.

The Experience Is Adequate

My husband has a 24 hour caretaker because he is fall victim. I feel that when their buzzard is rung the staff are not coming to his room promptly because he has a 24 hour caretaker. A little has improved but not completely satisfied. He shares a bathroom and at times it is not the best cleaning. For the most part mt husband enjoys the meals, there are some he won't eat. He has Physical and Occupational Therapy that the staff arrange for me and they come 2-3 times a week. The residents are able to exercise, play quiz games and join in more activities.

Brookdale

My husband and I checked out several memory care community's for my mother in law.we knew Brookdale was the place for her the first day we walked in.The community is beautiful,clean,and every staff member we have met from office to cleaning staff is caring and very friendly. When we go see her she's always involved in some sort of activity, which keeps her busy.Absolutely recommend this community for their family member...

Confidence

I feel very blessed to have found Brookdale Leawood State Line. I know the name sounds a little rough but its a fantastic place. The director or the GM sounds like she takes true ownership of her job and truly cares about the people here.

Needs Improvement

I think they need to improve on the activities that they have for the residents there. It was things on TV and about music and that was it. My father personally needs rehab and I would expect something more from a place that charges that much a month. The level of services that my father received, i'm just not happy with some of the treatment that they said they offered. Overall I would have to say that I feel comfortable with my father there, I just think it needs improvement.

We were really disappointed

We really only stayed a very short time and we were really disappointed. There were a lot of things I wasn't comfortable with. The facility was old and I wasn't impressed with the cleanliness. There were residents who would wander in and out of other residents rooms, and there have been incidents of urination and defecation in other peoples rooms. I know that they have dementia and Alzheimer's, but they need more supervision. I couldn't get in at night, there didn't seem to be anyone at the front desk. They made so many promises during the orientation, they said they would go on outings and do activities, and they never took her out of the room except for meals. I was just very disappointed.

Very friendly and caring staff!

They've done an excellent job at Clare Bridge so far! It's a very nice looking community, and the staff have all been very friendly and caring. It's a smaller community, all on one floor, which I thought would be a much better setting for my loved one. Since it is a smaller community the staff really get a chance to get to know each resident, and they seem to take a genuine interest in each person as an individual.

I think it's a really nice place.

I think it's a really nice place. She is happy there and we are happy with her there. The food could be improved, sometimes it's adequate, it's okay. We liked the size of the rooms, they were nice and roomy. The staff is excellent, here. The cost may go up, but they are still a good place. They are pretty good about attending to her needs, she needs finger foods, and they find a way with whatever they are eating to make it a finger food.

This location is very clean and the s...

This location is very clean and the staff are all very friendly. However, it seems that they are a bit disorganized sometimes. For example, when I have a question, it is difficult to know who to go to for answers. We did mainly choose this location because our doctor recommended them due to the level of care they provide.

Did a great job with a respite stay

Our loved one was only here for a short respite stay, but overall they did a great job and we were happy with the service they provided! It's a nice looking community, and the staff were all very friendly and attentive.

Second choice

This was alright, we were going to send my father there, so it would have been our second choice if there wasn't room at Benton House. I don't know that it does anything less than Benton, but it wasn't as close and it was also more care than he needed

Assited living only.

Assited living only.

Nice Community and Setting. Starting...

Nice Community and Setting. Starting to update paint/carpet. Nice room, no kitchenette. Patients seemed happy. Director was very informative and compassionate in her presentation.

Clare Bridge of Leawood provides a comfortable, home-like setting with programs and services designed specifically for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other memory impairments. Clare Bridge offers private or companion suites in a comfortable neighborhood-like environment. Unique building features, such as visual cues and walking paths, help residents to stay independent and find their way around. Twenty-four hour trained staff work closely with each resident to promote independence, dignity, and choice. Our life enrichment program enables residents to participate in activities that can enhance self-esteem and maximize quality of life. Services offered at Clare Bridge include assistance with personal care, three nutritious home-cooked meals, snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Exterior doors alarmed at all times for residents safety
- Outdoor, enclosed courtyards/patios
- Ongoing dementia training to assist staff in managing difficult behaviors and work effectively with the memory impaired
- Life Enrichment and Memory Support Programs(variety of activities, outings, and events)
- Private dinning room for intimate or special celebrations
- Beauty/Barbershop with full-service salon options: hair styling, manicures, pedicures, facials, and more)
- Library
- Fully enclosed sun-room
- Game room, living room, hobbies/crafts room, and country kitchen for resident use