Brookdale Eden Prairie - Eden Prairie, MN

With the experience between myself and my loved one I would have to say that their staff and medical team was not that great. They were not administrating my loved one with her medication consistently and when questioned about it their argument was “We didn’t think she needed it”. On their website they claim to be an Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care, but from what I see they really aren’t. Patients have access to exit doors and running around in the hallway. Since they can’t handle those kinds of symptoms in someone their suggestion to hire a full time assistant to look after her because they couldn’t do it. And of course the charge you more on top of what you are paying now. Makes you think why you’re even paying the base rate. The corporate staff was good though. They were able to hear us out and assist us in moving my loved one to another facility.

Brookdale Eden Prairie

Too many times my husband needed a clean brief, his meal substitute when they served pork was a peanut butter sandwich, and too many personal possessions were lost. We never recovered his glasses and many of his clothes. I was not satisfied with his care.

Well thought out program for people with memory loss issues. Lots of activities to keep residents active and engaged, as best they can.

Comfort for dad!

My father has been doing well since his move to Brookdale Eden Prairie. It has been as good as it can be given the situation.

Not Exactly What We Wanted

The tour was great and they did a wonderful job. From what I saw it was a good community but not what we wanted. The price and the care were not a match to our needs. The person we talked with was good at explaining everything to us.

The distance!

The Brookdale Eden Prairie was nice, but it was very far from our home which was the deciding factor. Other than that, the place was clean and the staff was very friendly.

Drop dead gorgeous!

This place was drop dead gorgeous. I also really liked there program that they offered. I was very impressed with everything about the community and the staff. The only hold up that I had was that it was to far away for mom to be.

Taking Good Care of My Mother and Her Needs

My mother is still adjusting to this community, but I know she is safe, and in good hands. They have an amazing staff at this facility. They really wrap their arms around my mother to make sure she feels comfortable. They really go out of their way to make sure she is okay. She is eating well, and she looks good, and healthy. She is trying some of the activities they offer, and she has met a nice group of friends. They are providing her great care. I'am pleased with all they have done for, and I would recommend this community to anyone looking for this type of care.

I met with [Removed] on Friday, she was extremely knowledgeable in her property, the services and excellent in communication with frazzled family members (me) There was a tour of the site, I love the concept and the way the property is kept clean and fresh smelling. [Removed] had very helpful information about rates and possible "opportunities for additional veterans benefits assistance.I would highly recommend this property to anyone who has a family member or friend in need of Memory care.

Not yet!

The staff here was okay from what I can tell from the tour. They were helpful with letting me know what they had to offer. I did see residents out and doing stuff. i just did not feel that this was the right community for mom.

Friendly Welcoming Staff!!

The Brookdale Eden Prairie was a good choice for my loved one. The staff at this community take very good care of her. The place is kept clean and so far the maintenance has done a good job of keeping her room clean. There is an outside area that family members could visit the residents as we please. The community is small which I like, she can walk around as she pleases without having to worry about going through locked areas.

Enjoyable Activities !!

The meals have been reasonable and my loved one seems to have little to no complaints about her dinning experience. Her bedroom is comfortable with lots of natural light with a spacious bathroom. My loved one seems to be enjoying the activities as well as the interaction between the other residents.

Phenomenal Activites

The activities are phenomenal, they keep everyone active. I think they could work on communication regarding medical issues though. But I have been very happy with the place, Clare Bridge is a great facility.

Relieved

Feel like my Mom is safe there.She seems to get along well seems happy.

I've recommended Clare Bridge and the...

I've recommended Clare Bridge and the Utopia program to so many friends! We had a bit of an issue in the beginning, but they were able to accomodate our loved one's needs and make her happy! Laura, the care counselor, has been great at keeping us informed and really staying on top of it! Dan, the activities director, is tremendous! We went to Family Night, and he was up dancing with the residents! He is very, very loving to all of the residents!

They have been really good to work with.

They have been really good to work with. The food is a little bland for me, but I think it's good for my parents. We chose them because they agreed to take charge of the situation, and went the extra mile in getting them transitioned. The communities we dealt with in the past were not very flexible or able to work with us and they have been able to do that.

Pleased with the service

We're very pleased with this place so far. My loved one is as happy as she can be in a care facility. Everyone has been great, the staff are very friendly, the care is good, and it's very clean. We liked this more than some others we looked at just because it had a more homey and less institutional feel.

Excellent staff overall and they work to find things he will enjoy

i would give them a 4.99. I have just a little complaint and its not that its gonna hurt me financially, but when we signed up we were told that his laundry would be done seperately from everybody elses but its inevetiable that every couple of weeks we have clothes missing and there's one RN who's so upset about it that she calls for a mass search of his pants. I address it and deal with it and it's certainly not a reflection on the whole ball game. They're very friendly and they're on top of his care needs. They're very very good with activities, Dan, Christine and Anne Marie are all very good with finding things that he will enjoy and even down to the maintenence man, Chase. I told him my husband loves repairing things and asked if he could just tag along and Chase said he'd love to have him along. A small setting like this is perfect for him and security is very very good.

Brick entrance and hallways...

Brick entrance and hallways, age of property and limited options. Easy to eliminate.

Of all 7 places I looked at, I could ...

Of all 7 places I looked at, I could most easily picture them here. The Ex. Dir gave me the tour and he knew all the peope by name and interacted with them and it was mutual. People were talking to each other, they had great activities and it was apparent they had people at all levels of cognition. There was a "courtyard" as you came in with a desk next to the door and you could see outside, so it did not at all seem like you were locked up. They had great activities and exercize programs (they seemed to be the best of all the places)and there was another couple they looked very personable. I did not see any other couples in all the places I looked at. All on the first floor and accessible courtyard.

Short term stay of 2 weeks. All memor...

Short term stay of 2 weeks. All memory care. May be an option for Dad.

Pros: Size of Facility Location...

Pros: Size of Facility Location Decor & Room Size Staff Cons: Shared bathroom Disinfectant odor

Clare Bridge provides a comfortable, home-like setting with programs and services designed specifically for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other memory impairments. Clare Bridge offers private and companion suites in a comfortable neighborhood environment. Unique building features, such as visual cues and walking paths, help residents stay independent and find their way. Twenty-four hour trained staff works closely with each resident to provide personal assistance that promotes independence, dignity and choice. Our life enrichment program enables residents to participate in activities that can enhance self-esteem and maximize quality of life. Services offered at Clare Bridge include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Purposefully designed environment, including interior and exterior walking paths, way-finding cues and a home-like setting
- All exterior doors alarmed at all times
- Neighborhoods designed for small groups of residents help to regulate stimulation and create familiarity
- Resident Assistance Center located within each neighborhood enables staff to provide necessary services with privacy and dignity
- Exterior living spaces include enclosed courtyards and patios
- Training designed to assist staff in managing difficult behaviors and work effectively with the memory impaired
- Life Enrichment and Memory Support Programs