Brookdale Montrose - Akron, OH

Nice Facility and seemed to have good activities with resident participation. Rooms were smaller and kitchens need to be updated.

Flexible Staff

Ever since my mother moved here, everything has been going well. There reason why we chose this location from the other places that we have seen is that their facility has independent living and assisted living in the same area. It looked more like an apartment type set up, the location was good, and the service provided was a better fit for my mother. The staff here is pretty friendly and also flexible. One of the things that they were worked on giving us is that they set it up for my mother to try out their facility without having any type of long term obligation. Typically you would need a 60 day notice if you wanted to leave. They said to us to try it out for 2 months and sign the 60 day notice now; if we don’t decide to leave we can just rip that up. This was definitely different from the other places that I have seen. Usually it’s just Column A or Column B, now chose. Change is tough for someone 80+ years old, so here at Brookdale they gave my mother a chance to try to adjust without any long term obligation.

Doing well

My dad is in the memory care here and he is doing very well, the staff has helped him with his transition here. They keep dad busy with different activities they even join the other residents during special events. His room is nice and they have a large secured balcony that he can go sit out on. I would definitely recommend taking one of their tours of this community for all 3 levels of care that they offer here.

Pleased With My Move Here

I'am really enjoying my time here in this community. it is a great place with kind people. They have a great staff, and they are always willing to help. They do a good job with the cleanliness, everything is always very well-kept. I'am pleased with everything they have done for me.

Doing great

My friend really loves her room and the community. They have a lot of amenities for their residents here plus She likes going to the dining room and visiting with the other residents and the food is good too. I would recommend this community to others.

A very nice community!!

When searching for a place for my father in law, we toured Brookdale Montrose. It was a very nice place, the tour guide was very helpful and the community was clean. It was a good experience to tour.

Good Tour, Clean Community

I had a pleasant tour of this community. Everything went well, and the experience was a good one. The community was well-kept, and everything looked clean. The staff looked good, and presentable. They were informative, and answered my questions overall.

Care and Options

We toured this community for my father's care. The staff was nice and we liked that they were able to show up around this community. We liked the list of nice activities that are offered. We would suggest other families tour this community for the options of care for a family member

Brookdale is wonderful

My dad insisted that he did not want to leave his
Home of 50 years. He needed care 24/7 so it was too costly to have him stay at home . His doctor put him in rehab for a few weeks at a place that seemed more like a hospital and he hated it there. Then I found Brookdale. I asked him if he would consider moving to an apartment in a retirement community. He said he would consider it. We went to visit Briokdale and he was pleasantly surprised to see how beautiful it is there.
We were invited to stay for lunch and the food was delicious. My dad has bee at Brookdale for nearly 2 months now and is very happy. The staff is very friendly and efficient. I am very happy I found Brookdale For him.

This place is exactly what I was looking for. I already called and told them the news. Possibly It could be earlier. I can harfly wait!

Not what we needed!

This was a okay community. The staff was nice and they answered all of our questions that we had. We were looking for assisted living and they had no openings for that. The community was nice though and clean.

They are great!

The staff here has been great with mom. We love the apartment and they are way more economical then most of the places that I have seen. The community and mom's apartment is always clean and neat. i just wish that they had more a la cart instead of 3 meals.

Let light in!

I was able to take a tour of this community and I knew that this would not be a good fit for my loved one. The place is older than we would like and it doesn't seem to be kept up very well. The staff was knowledgeable and very nice. This just was not right for us.

Very nice but needs to have the "right" client. My parents would feel that the dining room was too fancy for them.

My parents are thriving at Brookdale Montrose!

My parents both live at Brookdale Montrose. They have turned around and are thriving there! It is a warm environment, everyone is very friendly. They do a lot of activities. They offer all different levels of care for what a resident needs. They have one or two bedroom apartments. They have cleaning and laundry service. The food is good, nice staff of cooks, the cooks take pride in the meals they present to the residents. I highly recommend this community!

better communication on the meal plan

One thing that needs improving at Brookdale Montrose is better communication on the meal plan. The lunch they serve is is half portions. They have to pay extra for a whole sandwich. I think they should have been a little more clear about that upfront. Overall they are pretty happy with this facility and I am too.

Memory Care

I toured several facilities to find a place my Mom, who has minor physical issues, would be kept active, socialized and in a program to help her with her memory issues. I narrowed my search to 2 places and then did several visits while I tried to decide. I'm glad I did that because the one I thought would provide the best atmosphere and staff for my Mom didn't stand up to the multiple visit test.

Mom has lived with me for the last 2 years since she was widowed. She had a caregiver she liked with her during the day while I was working. I could see her struggling with things like panicking in the night thinking she was all alone, forgetting who we were, and getting into a loop of saying the same thing over and over. When the caregiver was moving out of state, I decided to research the memory care option.

Brookdale Montrose checks all the boxes. She has lovely surroundings, a caring staff, LOTS of activities that she's participating in regularly, and some new friends at 91 years of age. Last night she told me, "They treat me like a queen, I like the food, and I feel safe." I see her engaging with life again. At our house, she would often sit at the table while we were talking after dinner with her eyes closed. She didn't add to the conversation, but she would laugh. At Brookdale Montrose, she is crossing the room to speak to people and has her eyes open to all that is going on there.

I was impressed..

I was impressed on how polite, friendly, and responsive the staff was. If we called with a problem, they were there to fix it right away. When my parents air conditioner went out, they fixed it the same day. The dining room is like a fine restaurant. The food is good and the service is excellent. They have live entertainment in the main lobby. There is always something going on. I would recommend the Brookdale Montrose to everyone.

They worked with us very well..

I think this is the right place for my in laws. They have been very accommodating. There has been some miscommunication between the services. I think the orientation could be better. I think they could improve on the cleanliness. I was a little disappointed on the cleaning of the rooms. Other than that, they worked with us very well. I would recommend the Brookdale Montrose to anyone in the Akron area.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Your input is very important to us and we will share your feedback with our management team.

Wonderful place!

I don't normally give things a perfect score, but I really can't think of a reason not to. Brookdale of Montrose is a wonderful place! The people here are friendly and professional, and they were a huge help throughout the whole process. My loved one is very happy here, and I would recommend them highly!

Nice place, overall!

I think they do a good job overall at Chambrel at Montrose! The facility itself is attractive and clean, and they do a great job maintaining the place! The people who work here are friendly and helpful, although they do seem to be a bit shorthanded at times. They also have a good variety of activities here, as well as good food!

Only one week for my mom, but she has jumped right into most of the scheduled activities! Everyone is friendly and welcoming. It's been a very good transition!

needs improvement

independent living area is okay , but when going towards assisted living area, odor starts increasing. odor very strong seems like residents are not being helped with their assistance with going to bathroom, or being clean. not a very good experience for assisted living area.

Not a "fit" for my Mom

I placed Mom in Chambrel after she had a right frontal medial lobe stroke, with the assurance that the staff would work with and help Mom. Chambrel was fully aware of Mom's cognitive impairment and the fact that she is loud due to hearing loss. I did not just drop Mom there. I visited Mom every day. I received nothing but constant telephone complaints about how loud she was and that she was disturbing other residents because she would ask for help. ( They do not have the staff coverage as represented and no availability to help Mom become accustomed to her new surroundings). The staff singled Mom out, scolded her and made her feel like a bad child. I was forced by Chambrel to move Mom a couple of months after moving her in. Mom pointed out to me that "they" expected her to "be perfect" and that she is no longer "perfect" and thus she was not only shunned by the residents, but made fun of. If your loved one is self-sufficient, it is a beautiful community with good activities and good food. However, if your loved one isn't "perfect", it may be a bad experience.

Visited. Independent ...

Visited. Independent & assisted. you pay for services you need plus the rental fee. Includes activities, 2 meals BR & dinneror Lunch & Dinner; bi-weekly housecleaning, weekly change of linens/towels; all utilities except phone & cable, ($21/cable) transport to shopping 2xweek, outings on Thursday, transport to dr in 14 mile radius; foot dr comes monthly; own furniture, NO TRIAL PERIOD-1 yr lease but can give 60 day notice if leaving. 2 nurses 7am-11pm; 11p-7am nurse on call; necklace or wristband -not pull cords in rooms; $2665/mo for 1bd/1ba walk in shower in some. EXTRA med, toiletries, hair,+other stuff.

Loved this one. Just beautiful. The...

Loved this one. Just beautiful. They even provided us with supper.

Nicely furnished. Two bedroom suite r...

Nicely furnished. Two bedroom suite really nice; full kitchens. No balconies or walk outs in assisted; only with independent. Services a la carte. Residents seem happy. Nice staff.

Chambrel at Montrose provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.