Brookdale Club Hill - Garland, TX

Chambrel at Club Hill provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Staff is happy to accommodate

I originally picked this facility for my Mother because it’s only 15 minutes away from me. The staff here is very easy to work with. Prior to my mom moving in if there was something that I needed changed like the paint in her room, they would change it. They are always happy to accommodate. For activities, they offer things like social outings, bingo, and cards. It’s a very happy and active community. The only small down side to this facility is that it’s in a hilly area but only for the parking lot. The walk ways to get between buildings is all level. I would recommend this community to other families.

Beautiful grounds and comfortable rooms

My mom and I chose this place mainly because of the aesthetics of the facility on the outside. There’s a duck pond, trees, and it’s just a beautiful location. It doesn’t look like a standard nursing home, it just looks like a residential area. Mom’s room is nice and very comfortable. The staff is easy to communicate with and knowledgeable about what they’re doing and they’ve met all of my expectations and then some. Mom loves the food and there are tons of options available. The facility is kept pretty clean and they take out the trash daily. In fact, they do it every shift change so that might make it about 2 times a day. Laundry is done weekly for sheets and the rest is up to the resident. They have plenty of activities like bingo and different music activities that they do at least 3 times a day. The staff will take the residents off campus once a week for an activity outside and I think once a week they’ll take them out to eat at a special restaurant. My mom doesn’t really participate but they provide you with a monthly calendar of things that they do. Overall, I would recommend this community.

A Little Too Fancy For Us

I toured Brookdale while looking for living options for my father. This community is very nice, but I thought it was a little too fancy for my father’s tastes. I also did not like that he would have had to walk outside to get to the dining room and the activities. I ultimately chose another community that I felt would better suit his tastes.

A Welcoming, Inviting Community

Brookdale is excellent. They are great at assisting and catering to the needs that my mother-in-law has. I love the activities; the piano and dancing they have on Wednesdays. I love the general interaction with the people there, and I love Rosy and Bojangles, the birds they have at the entrance. Brookdale is great at making everyone a part of this welcoming, inviting community. I only have one suggestion, that they have a support class for the families so that they have information and help for what to expect when helping an aging family member. Otherwise, I’d absolutely recommend Brookdale to others.

Good Tour for My Son

My son, and his wife toured this community for myself, and my needs. From what I was told their tour went well, and everyone was kind. One of the main factors when we were considering where to move myself was location. This community was a little bit to far for my families to travel too, but their tour went well overall.

A tour for care for family

We toured this community. We did not like the multi level community. The staff was nice and able to answer the questions. The environment was not what we wanted. The menu and the activities were appealing for the residents. We would recommend that families tour this community for care for a loved one.

Overall Tour Went Well

We had a good tour of this community, and everything went well overall. The community looked nice, and everything appeared to well maintain. The staff we came across was kind, and friendly. The experience went well, and everyone was nice to my family, and I.

My Father's Nice Care

This is a great community for my mom's care. The community is clean and has a nice environment. I like that he is making friends and staying involved with the activities with the other residents. The community is a new community and I am glad to see that he is doing well here. I would recommend this care and the value of this community to other families for the good care and value.

Brookdale gets my recommendation

My loved one is enjoying living at this community. The staff are helpful and friendly. She has not complained about the food and says she has plenty to eat. They do offer some daily activities and they keep the community clean.

I can't say enough about the staff

The food is good, nicely prepared and there is a nice variety.They have certain options available every meal as well as a menu you are able to order from. They do a great job of taking care of the building. The staff have treated us very well. The sales and marketing director as well as the administrator on site have been wonderful. They have followed up with us in a professional and thoughtful manner. I would recommend this community with no hesitation.

Comforts of home

I am happy with this community. I like knowing that my mom is doing very well and is happy with the nice staff who are very helpful. The community is clean and maintained. She is happy with the variety of healthy meals. They offer my mom to participate in the many activites that she is enjoying. We would be happy to recommend this community to other families .

Our new home for care

The care at this community. The staff is outstanding. We like the meals that are offered need some improvements in some of the meals that are offered. They do offer a lot of activities and a lot of the residents seems to like keeping involved with the activities. We would recommend this community for the care and the nice value for other families.

Way too big

Our tour of Brookdale was positive. The community was too large and overwhelming.

From the eyes of a new resident

The staff are so caring and find the perfect fit for everybody. The place is clean and nice. The grounds are landscaped well. They have many activities. It's great!

Too big!

The Brookdale Club Hill was a very nice place but it was too big. It was also an older community and it showed. They had a large variety of great activities and everyone was very friendly, but it was not a good fit for my mother.

Parents Really Like It Here

My parents are very pleased with their move to this community. It is a very nice place, and I know they are in good hands. Their apartment was completely remodeled before they moved in. The staff is very nice, and have been great to work with. This is a nice safe community for parents. Everything has worked out very well for us at this community.

Dad Enjoys His New Community

The community has been great with the help of great staff. My dad enjoys the meals and activities he gets daily. They keep the community is kept clean and housekeeping does a good job for my dad's room. My dad loves it there because there is so much more to do. He likes that there is more people to talk and his apartment is much nicer.

Brookdale Bliss

Right from the beginning, everyone that my parents and I have talked with, has been friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and responsive. My folks have an apartment in the Independent Living section of the community.
We are very happy with the amenities and activity packed calendar. The food is excellent. Security with sensor key is convenient. Maintenance has been a little slow, but it's a big community and ultimately, our requests have been met. I definately recommend Brookdale Club Hill.

We Like It Here

The care has been good and we are happy with it. It is a safe environment and there are activities available. My wife likes the activities. The meals are great. We have no problem with cleanliness, they come to clean our room every 2 weeks. I would recommend this place.

Good Care

This is a nice community to live in. We toured the community is nice and clean. The food was very good and appealing. They have alot of activities for us to participate in. The staff was outstanding. We would recommend others to this community for a good place to call home.

Our experience

We are new residents and have been very pleased with our experiences here at Brookdale. Our apartment is very nice and clean. It is quiet here and very peaceful. The food on the whole is good, however the biscuits in the morning are hard. There needs to be more variety in the breakfast menu. The staff is always helpful and answers our questions. We are enjoying being at Brookdale.

Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!!!

I found everything about Brookdale Club Hill excellent! From the time we stepped into the community [Removed] the Sales Counselor was amazing....his patience and hard-work made us all comfortable and at home, Especially our loved one. The grounds and facility were very well maintained and beautiful. You can tell by the current improvements being made to the pond and installation of new fountains that the property takes pride in the landscaping and maintenance with foresight. The interior is gorgeous , the food wonderful, and the numerous activities offered would accommodate all tastes.
We found that the personal attention paid by Cody to our loved ones "present and near future" needs and his ability to make her feel comfortable, was exceptional and well beyond our expectations... (she actually looked forward to the move!)

Starting to feel like home!

Brookdale Club Hills grounds are beautiful with lots of trees. They offer private balcony's on the units and they are remodeling them as they become available. The staff are very friendly and have been very helpful with my mothers transition. They offer a variety of great food for her to choose from.

The oatmeal cookies are amazing!

It is a really large community. The property is beautiful they have ducks, a fountain, and white benches. Each apartment has its own private patio. They had a beautiful nativity scene when we walked in made of stained glass around Christmas time. It is a busy community with a lot of activities to enjoy. They even have a theater where they play movies. The staff really put their best foot forward and were very accommodating. We really enjoyed the food offered on our tour. . I would give them a 10 out of 10!

A Nice Community but unable to provide the care we needed

My tour of this community was nice. The staff I met was very kind and helpful. From what I saw the community appeared to be well maintained. My mother required some skilled nursing, I didn't feel this community would be able to provide that, but it was pleasant tour.

Overall Satisfied with Minor Issues

My mother is still adjusting to this community, but so far everything is working out pretty well. The facility is nice and clean, but they need to do a better job with the maintenance of the grounds. The staff is great, they have been very good to work with. I will say they are slow with responding to maintenance issues. My mother smoke detector was going off for a while before they came and fixed it. She has tried a few activities offered. I've tried some of the meals and the food is great. I know she is receiving great care and I would recommend this

New home for mom

My sister and I had to make a choice to have my mother in an adult living facility because she just was not doing well on her own any longer. She is in Independent Living so it feels more like an apartment and she does get her privacy. Brookdale is amazing! It is so clean and maintained. The staff are always pleasant and helpful. There are so many activities to do every day. She was able to keep her little dog and has made quite a few friends already. I believe my mother is actually relieved to have the stress of taking care of a house taken care of by someone else now. She is able to enjoy her later years more now.

Communication between staff could be better!!!

My dad is happy and adjusting well to Brookdale Club Hill. We have had a few bumps in the road. The staff have an issue of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. The food is good and the community is clean. He does not yet participate in any of the activities offered. I would recommend this community.

Review of Brookdale Club Hill - Garland, TX

Outstanding facilities with lots to offer both the active senior and those who need assistance with day to day life. The staff was friendly and outgoing while the residents were happy and content.

Wonderful Community, Looks Like A Resort

This is truly a wonderful community. My brother loves it here. He has adjusted very well to it and I'am very pleased. The community looks like a resort, they do a very good with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is amazing, they are caring for him very well. They are very responsive if he needs some help. He is participating in many activities. He goes to the dances on Fridays and the gym in the morning. The food is excellent, they sever as if your in a 5 star restaurant. I would move here, that is how amazing this community is. I would absolutely recommend it.

An objective persoective.

Lived here 2 & 1/2 years. Brookdale Corp. bought this place shortly before I arrived. It's been a mixed bag since then. The dining experience originally was 5*. But has steadily gone down. A former dishwasher is now the "Executive Cheff". I like the guy but he is hardly a cook much less a Cheff like the trained proffessional we had before. Mgt. is making strong efforts to maintain this place but it is nearly 30 years old & elevator break downs have been frequent. But I still want to stay here because it's still a good place overall. My biggest concern is mgt.s treatment of their staff. I can't go into detail because it would only make matters worse. Suffice to say that I love the helpful attitude & dedication I see here & only wish the best for all envolved.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to provide with your feedback. We have passed your feedback along to both our regional operations team and our district dining team for review.

needs more care

Brookdale Club Hill I think that the level of care to get him to the right place for his specific needs wasn't exactly what I perceive to be the best. I really think he needs more care. Everything else is just awesome. It has absolutely overall been a good experience.

So far so good.

So far so good. It's still pretty new, but so far the move in has been pretty smooth. They were fairly comparable to other in the area. I would give them a five so far.

The staff are very nice but hard to contact

She is happy at Brookdale Club Hill. The staff are very nice but hard to contact. The facility is beautiful. It is nice and clean. It's very homey feeling. I don't know if they're understaffed or what but there is not a lot of urgency when you need their help. Overall it has been a good experience just a few things they need to work on.

The Property Is Gorgeous

Well we moved in and they were very courteous both before and after we moved in. The property was gorgeous, you would just have to see it. Everything they have done with it is just "Wow". My father likes the food. Everything turned out really well

The exterior of the property could use some clean up. Overall, my father has been really happy there and it seems like a really good place and we are happy with it.

She was real disappointed in the food, the taste of the food. I think if the circumstances had been a little different it would have been a good place, it just did not work for us.

Happy in my new home

I have been here two weeks and everyone from the staff to the residents have been friendly, welcoming and helpful. I am very happy that I made the decision to choose Brookdale Club Hill as my new home.

Everything has been great

My loved one has been here for about a month. Overall everything has been great. The food is good. The staff is very friendly. The facility is clean and fresh. The value is great. Everything has been going just great. My loved one is very happy here. My overall rating of this property is 5 stars. The Brookdale Club Hill is a very nice community. I would recommend this facility to anyone in the Garland, TX area.

A great transition

The nursing staff is an awesome, strong, disciplined support group and I couldn't do without them. They make sure that my mother is comfortable. The staff has made it a great transition for her.

Very nice place. Cooking in rooms. 2 meals a day provided. Great staff. Most activities provided so far. Big apt. Farthest from Susie. Like this place. Lots of trees.

top notch place

Their staff is exceptionally good at Brookdale Club Hill. Everybody there has been just top notch and have gone out of their way to help us. They seem really willing to bend over backwards to help, and are genuinely concerned. It is a really top notch place!

very good experience

The visit was excellent. The staff made time for us and involved us in some of their activities, and invited us to stay for the evening meal, and the food and service there was excellent. The overall ambiance was fantastic. Mom loved it and we were able to get her moved in within a very short time. It's been a very good experience. We have been pleasantly surprised.

I was already familiar with...

I was already familiar with this residence as I know several people who currently live, and a couple,e who did live, here. There are several buildings around the main building where residents can enjoy a nice dining area and spacious activity rooms. Unfortunately, while I normally enjoy my Christmas brunch here, unlike my husband, today I was disappointed in the service (no dressing, wrong entree, and slow service), but every place has it's off days. I also know that at least in building 12 the elevator has broken down at least twice in the last nine years (didn't keep track) and it took days or even weeks to fix it. Not good if you have mobility issues. I was surprised to learn that the assisted living areas have the same floor plans as the independent living buildings. That's a first. There are also cottages which could use some updating, but otherwise nice. Even in independent living the residents are checked on daily to make sure they are doing well. They have a men's Bible study which also acts as a support group for their various ailments, a machine in their library to increase book font size, and a bus with wheelchair lift.

Needs some TLC

Chambrel came highly recommended. Beginning seemed everything we were told. As time has passed everything has gone downhill. Staffing, cleanliness, dining, care, property. Quite high in comparison on other places. And you pay for everything, where other places one cost covers everything. Although you pay for housekeeping there is NONE.

Very friendly!

Please make sure that the community is appropriate to your loved one’s needs. Everyone is very, very friendly. The community is clean and comfortable. Everyone has different tastes in food, so that’s always hard to judge.

Long term resident

Our loved one was there for six and a half years before her care needs exceeded what they were able to provide. They were A type a place. They had a very good transportation for people who confined to a wheel chair.

Great place, and amazing food!

We're very pleased with Chambrel at Club Hill! I can't think of a single thing wrong with it. I guess the biggest problem so far is that the chef is so good I'm really having to watch what I eat so I don't put on too much weight! It's a clean, well kept community, and if I could I'd give the staff a 10 out of 5 in friendliness! They really are a great community, and we'd recommend them to anybody.

They did a great job,

They did a great job, we are very happy with them. It was clean and the staff was friendly. It's a beautiful facility. They are just great.

Great community!

My loved one was here for over 4 years before an increase in care needs unfortunately necessitated a move. It was an excellent facility, and I hated to have to move him. He really enjoyed it here. It's a great looking place, always clean and well kept, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Definitely somewhere to look into if you're looking into senior living!

They charged for everything.

They charged for everything. Even if you do everything yourself they still charge for having oxygen. We weren't happy with the care that they should have been getting, according to the point system that they had in place. We were very unhappy with the way things were handled. I had to do their laundry because that was an extra charge.

nice curb appeal. She would...

nice curb appeal. She would have to walk a distance probably to dining and go outside. Rooms very nice. Avery did tour. Only 5 minutes form us.

Only Two Meals

They only had two meals, and you had to go outside to go from the residential area to the dining hall. The buildings were nice enough, but in the ice storm we had a few weeks ago, I would have hated to outside. They showed us one building that was close enough to go under a covered walk, but my aunt is old enough that she wanted three meals.

We were very impressed w/how friendly...

We were very impressed w/how friendly & caring the staff were. The facility itself was very clean & inviting. I have no doubt that this is the perfect fit for us.

Mom only lived there for one week.. S...

Mom only lived there for one week.. So far, we're very pleased

Much older property. Shows ...

Much older property. Shows lack of upkeep . Nice view from room and balcony. No kitchen

Went Downhill

Chambrel started out pretty nice. They made a lot of commitments and promises and they kept up with them for a few months and then slowly this went away and that went away until my mother and Bill were paying way too much for what they were getting. They needed some more care than they were getting. I understand that Chambrel is losing a lot of it's clients now.

Great Atmosphere

They are really friendly and everyone here just so down to earth. The atmosphere here is very relaxing and inviting. It's not stuck up at all! We really like Chambrel and would recommend it to anyone looking for a community for their loved one.

Good Community

They are a good community and we were really considering this community as an option but they did not have availability for our needs. Our loved one would have to be on ground floor and they did not have that available. Overall it was a pretty good community that we would consider.

Pool, gorgeous landscaping, hilly and...

Pool, gorgeous landscaping, hilly and must go outdoors to get to different places. Not good for poor walker.

Great Food, Clean, good floor plans. ...

Great Food, Clean, good floor plans. Great home for the money

On second visit, not as nice as first...

On second visit, not as nice as first thought.

had lunch after tour. Liked grounds....

had lunch after tour. Liked grounds. bathroom showers in wrong place in all of them.(not in Master BR) Very pricey administration costs...

Covers personal Assisted living as ne...

Covers personal Assisted living as necessary I like this one.

The director called me. Sounds like ...

The director called me. Sounds like a very nice place.