Central Tampa Assisted Living - Tampa, FL

This seems like a very nice facility.

Dad's Excellent Care

We liked this the care from this community for care for my father. The staff was caring and we did like the care. We needed a small community. I liked knowing that the meals were very good. The community was clean and maintained. They had a nice list of activies that are offered to the residents that are able to participate. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

It was ok. As clean as it can be in that area. Director, extremely knowledgeable and dedicated. Enjoyed speaking to her. I don't know if I am comfortable having her there. Trying for something a little more.

Everyone we met from the nurses, to the doctor, and Mrs. [Removed] were welcoming and informative. They certainly know their residents. I appreciated the ability to walk freely throughout the facility with staff closely monitoring the residents. I rated a three star because it was too large for our needs and too active for my mom.

They were wonderful.

Sangetta is a wonderful lady. My uncle was with them for 9 years. They talk to them, and hug them, and make them feel really wanted. They loved the man and took good care of him, I was there at least a couple of times a week. There were a few bumps along the road, but they did an excellent job, they took very good care of him. There was a lady there that started when she was 17, and she looked at him like and uncle, and took it really hard when he passed. Some places look at you like you are a number, but not them. They were wonderful.

Not a good place

The administration at the facility are friendly and seem to care about the patients. The actual CNA and other staff are not pleasant. They are under staffed and not probably trained. They have CNA's handling medication and they do not monitor patients. I would not recommend this facility. If you love your loved one do not send to this facility. I got the feeling the patients whom reside here do not have anyone who monitors their care. If I could rate zero stars I would.

Hello Sabrina,
I wonder if you discussed your concerns with us at the time? We have a higher level of staffing than a typical ALF based on the needs of our residents and the level of care we are trying to provide here. The CNA's are specially trained to help our residents 'self-administer' their meds, as in any ALF. Please feel free to visit us again and I will personally give you a tour and introduce you to our staff and medical team, and address any concerns in person.

Did not have a good experience

Our loved one was here only a short time before they said she could not stay here because her care needs were too high. We were very clear about the sort of care she would need up front, and explained everything. They also had an employee assess her and tell us they'd be able to take care of her. Going through the trouble of moving only to be forced to move again after a month was a terrible experience. The facility was also just not kept up very well, by my standards.

Karim Allibhai

I am sorry that your experience was not positive. We work with our residents and their families in good faith, but of course the residents' needs can change over time, and in some cases the residents do have to be relocated on the advice of our medical team, based on the person's needs and the services and care that we are able to provide. Feedback is important to us and I thank you for your comments. Best wishes.

Good Care

Overall, the care was good. There are probably 100+ patients, and for the size, they do a nice job. It was decent, not as clean, but they took good care of him. They had a nice outside area that he enjoyed. It's also locked down facility.

Karim Allibhai

Thank you for your comments; we really appreciate feedback. Cleanliness is a challenge with dementia residents and our two Housekeepers clean everywhere daily, and we are always striving to do better every day. Best wishes......

Central Tampa Assisted Living is located in the heart of the beautiful city of Tampa, Florida just blocks from downtown. At Central Tampa Assisted Living, our residents receive specialized care in memory disorders including Alzheimer's disease. We work to make our residents stay in our assisted living facility as pleasant and as comfortable as possible, and we make every effort to encourage the full participation of family members in the care process. Each senior at Central Tampa Assisted Living has a beautiful friendship suite to share with a fellow resident. Our facility, including our gorgeous garden, is fully secure. Over 40 hours of activities are planned for our residents each week, and all of the staff at our facility are trained in the care of seniors with Alzheimer's and memory loss. At Central Tampa Assisted Living, all residents receive individualized care to meet their needs including special diets that include low salt and diabetic diet options. Residents at our facility will receive quality care by trained staff in a cozy and secure environment.