Looks more like a retirement community..I'm looking for Alzheimers CARE.

Camino Alto is Wonderful!

WOW, I can't believe the bad reviews here. These must be some that had a very unrealistic expectation, or disgruntled for some reason. This place in no way appears to have a nursing home feel, smells, or is dirty. Quite the opposite. The Administrator Trisha is the most hands on caring Administrator you will ever have the pleasure of entrusting your loved one with. she does not care about the 'bottom line' but the care of the residents, staff, and visiting loved ones. Anyone who has posted otherwise should be ashamed to slander such. I thank [Removed] staff for their love and commitment to the most challenging tasks and to [Removed] for managing a wonderful community not only for my loved one, but for all the lovely residents who reside within. You should all be commended.

Exceeded my expectations

This is one of the best Assisted Living facilities in the area. I used a placement agency who only showed me board & care houses - where the people just sit around doing nothing but eating microwaved meals :(
I had no idea places like Camino existed until a friend told me about this one. I read the other comments and am surprised at the bad. To me, they are obviously disgruntled at something. I would highly recommend Camino Alto. It does NOT smell which I cannot say about other places I looked at. They have lots of activities which were not at the small home.
I moved my loved one there and was VERY pleased. Very much a family feel. The care staff is so friendly, caring. The kitchen staff made sure requests were met. The Administrator helped make the transition in and out so smooth.
I DID get a refund when she passed away. The Administrator Trisha even allowed me to leave unwanted items in the room for them to dispose of at NO additional charge. She and all her staff are warm, caring and accomodating.

No facility will ever be as good as the personal care you give your loved one. That said, my experience with this place was mostly positive. There were some real stand-out individuals working here, who really cared about my father. The place was pretty clean for the most part, and organized. I would recommend Camino Alto and have. The cost is much less than many others that were really no better.

Not Impressed At All

I was not impressed with the move-in. They were not ready for us. They knew we were coming and were not prepared. It was kind of a disappointment. I am really not impressed with the administrator. They charge a lot, so I expect a lot and I do not see it.

They did a pretty good job for the most part.

They did a pretty good job for the most part. It was a tough transition due to an infection she had when she got there. The only thing I would say is they could have done a little better of a job cleaning her face while she was eating. Other than that they were nice, and I didn't really have any issues.

Inadequate and filthy

Mom was there for 4 months.. Saw way to much to leave her there. Check into the violations at the State Licensing page and you be the judge. I wish I had. They have all the right words to make you comfortable.. at first. Place is extremely dirty and stinks a lot of the time and they seem to not care. Care is questionable. Many of the people who work here are very nice, nice isn't everything when it comes to the care of your loved ones.

Very friendly staff

Everyone here is very friendly, the community is a nice looking clean place, and my loved one seems very happy here. Overall they've done a great job here, and we really couldn't ask for more.

Nursing home feel. expensiv...

Nursing home feel. expensive and ugly. no curb appeal.

Nice facility near two majo...

Nice facility near two major hospitals. Participates in a special Kaiser program. Very big and open areas for living room / dining room so it feels comfortable. A good choice if cost is not an issue. Some LOC additions to base rate could add up quickly.

Mom's Respite Stay

I'd say they were good. There was a little mix up with a couple of things but I think they worked them out. It seemed clean to me. They seem to be doing everything that we wanted. They got the food straight. My mom is pretty picky and has trouble chewing and swallowing sometimes so they did things like get her a pb&j instead of meat and got her soup for dinner. They had bingo which she's played a few times and an ice cream social where everyone has ice cream in the garden. I guess the have activities everyday. This was just for a respite stay but I would definitely recommend them and I would take her there again.