Poor communication and follow-through

We did not have a good experience with this community. They were very difficult to work and communicate with, sometimes it would be days before I got any reply to a request or question I had. I also feel like they were just telling us they were doing certain tasks that we were paying them for, including bathing and escorted walks outside. One of the selling points for us was that they said they could drive residents to doctors appointments within 10 miles, but they never made it easy to schedule anything once she had moved in. All in all I would not recommend them.

Wonderful staff, happy people, need a consistent director

It was excellent, my mother was here almost 3 and a half years and I think they did everything in the world that they could do to try to keep her there. The problem they have in that facility is they have not had an executive director in 2 years, they've had interim directors but they don't really get to know the patients and they don't want to so Brookdale just puts people in there and they come and go. I really had a problem with that because no one was in charge so to speak. When my mother left, the staff was excellent, they are great people, my hats off to these people because that job is a mission, not just a job. They are so good and in fact, one of the ladies in Burlington Manor still texts me routinely asking about my mom and how she's doing. The director thing was a problem and then they went and fired a lot of people who had been there a while. The biggest complaint I ever heard was about the food and I was there a lot of the times when my mom was eating and it didn't look all that good. The people here are so much happier, they said it wasn't home, but that it was okay and they were happy and that's one of the things I liked about it.

Burlington Manor provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Burlington Manor we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.