Brookside Court/Hilltop Place - Richmond Hill, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

A new home for Dad

We were over 3000 KM away from our home of over 50 years, At the grand old age of 91 Dad traveled with us, by car, to our new home in BC hoping this would be a perfect place to relax and enjoy the mountain view. Our good intentions did not support the desire for Dad wanting to return to Ontario so between moving into a new house, getting orientated and experiencing a roller coaster of emotions, we contacted "A Place For Mom" and our Advisor found an opening at Hilltop Place. Trusting the advice we received a plane fare was booked and it was back to Ontario to meet and tour Dad's potential new home. We were met with compassion, empathy and most of all the desire to help us get Dad a place that would support him in these tender years of aging. It has now been a month and he has responded well to his new home and that is because the facility is set up like a home and the staff care about my Dad. It is not an easy task to make these decisions on behalf of a parent but with the amazing help from 'A Place For Mom' and the great information provided by our Advisor on dealing with all the emotions we could get through it and feel we have done our best.

This would be a five star if the cost were a little less.

I am pleased to inform any potential tenants that I am very happy that I placed my mother at Hilltop, Brookside. She has been a resident for over a month and the staff has been very accommodating to her special requests and mine. They are available to answer the many questions, I have had for them and resolving any issues to my satisfaction.

Short Stay of fifteen days

I spent 15 days it was very comfortable and Pleasant
The Staff was very friendly and caring including the
Management staff
The food was great
the Place was very clean and always tidy
Lots of activities for anyone who wishes to Participate
Thank you for everything I received.

Convenient location, close to family. Small community, has the promise of more personal care. Friendly staff. Country setting, as the name implies, actually beside a brook!

he people there were really good.

Brookside was very good. The people there were really good. The support and the attention they gave was fantastic. It was a nice place. I don't have anything negative to say about them. It just wasn't what we needed.

Not a good fit for us

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. We just did not get a great first impression from our tour. The residents seemed to be on the higher end of the care needs spectrum, and the place did not look very tidy when we visited. It wasn't bad, but we saw other communities that I thought my loved one would be more comfortable in.

very nice and helpful. no ...

very nice and helpful. no space available in timeframe or appropriate equipment

Did not like Valerie (sound...

Did not like Valerie (sounded like she was doing me a favor by seeing if there is a spot for grandma). Would not give me a straight answer regarding availability. At the end said that she cannot guarantee a spot for grandma and cannot even tell me if anything is available as of now. Said she will give notice if we reserve a spot and it is no longer available. I told her it doesn't help me with the vacation plans. NOT GOING WITH THIS PLACE!