Brookdale Ventana Canyon - Tucson, AZ

Brookdale Ventana Canyon - Tucson, AZ has yet not published prices.

Understaffed

A good friend of mine was a resident here for several months. I found it very difficult to reach her because the staff would drop my calls and I had to call over and over again before the call would go through. At one point, when she left briefly to go to a local hospital, the staff told me that they didn't know where she was. When I sent her a letter after she had left this facility for a better caring place, they returned the letter with "not here" and an "unable to forward" on the envelope. Then, when I called to ask where she was, they said they had no idea.
My friend doesn't blame the staff; she says that they are overworked and underpaid, and they are just too busy. The company is making a great deal of money, but they are not treating either staff or residents well.

Don't go there!

This place is terrible. My mom has been there for several months and has not gotten any of the services promised--dealing with her doctor, going on trips or other activities. They're understaffed, don't answer the phone and many of the staff are not friendly or qualified.

Disappointed

Everytime I go and visit my mom something else is wrong. Her room isn't as clean as it should be they could pick the floor up better. Now it is a beautiful community inside and out. The staff is nice, they have a nice patio area. The level of care isn't as good as it can be. The food is wonderful the chef has talked with mom and asked here what she likes. But we do have to move her to somewhere less expensive. I would recommend this place for a more mobile person.

For the Week

My loved one stay here a temporary resident under respite in the memory care side. No problems from what I understand and they told me they enjoyed them as a visitor. I used them because they were available for the time I needed. When picking them up, everything we sent in came back home with us.

[Removed] was extremely helpful and informative. He took his time and explained options available. Very productive meeting.

My dad liked it here!!

My dad was only at this community for a short period of time, but while he was there I was pleased with the quality of care he had received. The staff where understanding and helped him be as comfortable as he could be. He had no complaints about the meals and really enjoyed his surroundings while he was there.

Not Happy With The Community

We had a bad experience within 5 days of moving in. They did not do as they said. I found wet undergarments and wet pull ups on the floor and pull ups with feces on top of her closet. No one was there overnight for 24 hour care. When signing her out, my husband had to search for a staff. In the memory care there was papers all over the place and no one was there. They misplaced her glasses and didn't tell us she was out of her medication. It seemed like the greatest place when interviewing but they did not do what we paid for. We are just not happy with them.

Brookdale Ventana Canyon is a smaller community!

They have plenty of activities and outings for the residents at this community. The staff are nice and my Mother in law is getting the attention she needs. The surroundings are beautiful and the community is kept clean. There was an issue with rubbery meat so when the chef was told he took action to correct the issue. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

very nice

Brookdale Ventana Canyon was the first place we went to and it has worked out very well. The rooms are very nice. Everybody there was great. They have been very good at communication with the family. All in all it has been a very good experience.

good place, in a transition phase right now

Overall I would recommend Brookdale Ventana Canyon as a decent place. There have been a couple of small challenges with a couple of things (communication and some of the care services for example) but they are aware of this and are actively working to fill these gaps, and have brought in a new manager recently to do so.

So the best I can say is that they are presently in a transition period in which there are a few small challenges, but all signs are that things are going to be very good a month or so from now once the transition is complete. It's a nice place with friendly staff and if you are looking for a place for an elderly loved one I would definitely check them out.

Large Community, Great People and Services

It's a larger community. The people were all very nice and they had wonderful services. They were very welcoming and open with how life is in their community. The main reason we didn't choose them is geography - they were too far away from our other family in Tucson.

A full renovation of our community will be completed this March. This renovation has included the addition of 27 state of the art MEMORY CARE SUITES.