Elm Croft of Bella Vita - Venice, FL

Elm Croft of Bella Vita - Venice, FL has yet not published prices.

Good Decision

Looking for a place for my mom was not what I ever thought I would have to do, however after looking at a few facilities we settled on Brookdale. I found the staff to be very caring and very helpful. I almost found it hard to believe that there were so many people in one place that could be as nice and have a smile on at all times. I first spoke with [Removed], sales manager who walked me through the facility, and took the time I needed to to show me around and answer any and all questions I had. Then I was introduced to [Removed] is the director and also takes the time needed to answer any and all questions, and will take time to help serve meals. Not what one might find in all facilities. The young ladies that spend their days working with all the patients seem amazing to me. Once again , always have a smile on and very nice people, and I'm sorry I don't remember all your names. I watched the gentlemen handling maintenance tasks, and it appeared to me once again that whatever he was doing when I had gotten there, and that was a few times ,he always had a smile on his face and always in a pleasant mood. The chef in the kitchen, always working hard and always pleasant. I certainly hope this helps with anyone thinking of bringing a loved one to Brookdale Venice island.
Regards
[Removed]

A community for care for mom

We toured this community and like the staff. We were not able to meet with the director but liked the other staff was kind enough to show us the community and answer the questions that we had. The community was bigger than what we wanted at the time for my mom. The meals seemed appealing. The residents did not seem to be active and we wanted a different atmosphere. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Mom seems happy

The staff at Brookdale are attentive and helping mom to adjust to living at this community. They are encouraging her to participate in some of the daily activities. The food is pretty good. The community is very clean and there is no odor. This is a smaller community and it has a homey feel to it. I would recommend this community.

Grateful

My father has been at this facility for about 8 months. In our experience it is more than a place that provides necessary care, it provides a caring community. We can visit anytime and we are always met with a smile. Often the person opening the door tells me right away where my father is. In so many little ways it is clear that my father is a real person to the staff members. I have been there often enough to also observe staff interactions with other residents and I can only say positive things. People often say its not just what you say but how you say it. One day I was there early and I saw the Executive Director going around to each door and, in a kind and gentle voice, checking on residents to see how they were and if they were coming to breakfast. It was lovely. Of course no place is perfect and caring for patients with Alzheimer's is not easy. Small issue have come up from time to time but in each and every instance we have been listened to and our concern has been addressed. I really cannot imagine a better setting for my father.

Too many falls

If your loved one has difficulty walking, do NOT send them here. People FALL all the time and get hurt. The ambulance is always there. They do not restrain, which is ridiculous when people keep falling. I know someone who just had a brain bleed and must have gone to the emergency room a dozen times in the last year. I call this neglect and abuse.

Everything is fine. It's clean, and the staff is friendly.

Everything is fine. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. They get her out, and involved in some activities. There is a concern because there have been a couple of falls, but it's hard to say how much of that could be prevented. Other than that, they are doing pretty good.

Could be better

I was upset with the medication management. Make sure they review the medications and the problem is that you don’t have one nurse – you have to stay on top of things yourself. The parking has always been fine.

This place was everything we wanted.

This place was everything we wanted. It was a hundred times better than the place he was before. They were wonderful and so helpful. They kept us updated daily on our loved one's condition. There were no issues with them at all. They were very quick to get us in there too. We were on a time crunch, and they got everything squared away right away.

Conscientious Staff

He was in for less than a month, but couldn't go back to Clare Bridge because of the type of chair that he is in, he is in a geri chair and needs either a couple of people to get him up, or a lift since he no longer walks. While we were there, it was very good, it is a very nice community. The facility itself is a little nicer facility. He had his own room, like an efficiency apartment type thing. We were happy with them, and the staff all seemed very nice and conscientious.

received very good references but did...

received very good references but did not feel this is the best choice for mom, she is does not need a secure location at this time