Brookdale Rocky Hill - Rocky Hill, CT

Brookdale Rocky Hill - Rocky Hill, CT has yet not published prices.

Our visit to Brookdale in Rocky Hill CT was very informative. We met with [Removed] and were very impressed with her professionalism, upbeat personality and her passion. She answered all our questions and provided information so that we could digest all that we learned. [Removed]took my brother and I on a tour of the facility as well as introducing us various staff members who were very outgoing and pleasant. We met some of the residences and they were all happy and enjoying the various activities that are offered. All in all my brother and I were very impressed and would not think twice about having our mother become a resident at Brookdale when the time comes that we would have to do so Thank you [Removed] and everyone at Brookdale and [Removed] at A Place For Mom for all your help and support.

they work very hard to take care of someone very difficult

We Had A Pleasant Tour Of This Community

I had a nice tour of this community. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. My tour guide was there ready to give us our tour on time. She was kind, and informative. The staff we met was friendly, and helpful. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the facility, everything looked great. Everything went very well, but I did find another community that suited our needs better.

A good experience

My brother was happy with the food and the amazing menu options that were available. The staff were great and met all of his needs. They washed his clothes and even provided some simple furniture for his room. The staff were attentive and followed up with him. This community offered a great move in special and this helped us decide on this community. They kept the community and his room clean. I would recommend this community.

Brookdale is a lovely facility; it just did not meet our specific needs for Mom's situation at this time.

Sister Likes it Here

My sister is doing well since her move to this community. So far everything is working out pretty well. We do feel she is safe, and receiving good care. The staff is great. She has adjusted well to this community, and she likes it. I would recommend this community overall, it has worked out well for my family.

Outstanding Staff

My father lived here for about a year and a half. He passed away very recently. The team at this community is absolutely exceptional. The provided him with personal attention everyday and knew every need to the T. I am so happy to know that the last years of his life were so enriched by gaining his second family in Brookdale. I was amazed at the amount of staff that attended his services. It made me feel he was truly loved. I highly recommend anyone to join move their loved one to this wonderful community. You will not be disappointed.

Brookdale was not appealing to me!

There was no one at the desk when I went to visit this community and you need someone to let you into the memory care unit. The room we were shown was small and the community did not feel warm and inviting. The community seemed clean, however I think the floor seemed dull.

Attentive staff

So far, we have had a pretty good experience with Cold Spring Commons. The staff is caring and attentive and they seem to genuinely care about the residents. The facility is clean and well decorated and seems to be well maintained.

The rooms are beautiful and clean. The staff here is helpful and caring. Claire the social director i think , well she's great . I would say for others to go here

Are not providing services they promised

The good
Her apartment is beautiful and spacious. The maintenance men has been very responsive and friendly in helping my mother get settled in.

The facility itself is lovely and well maintained.

Claire, the social director is awesome and really cares about the residents. She has been able to get my mother out of her room for exercise and other activities.
Nadine in Nursing is very nice, friendly and has been very responsive as well.
Executive Director Michelle is very nice and empathetic but she cannot control everything there.
Most of the staff is very friendly and welcoming.

The bad
Communication: Some of the staff did not know the correct date that my mother was moving in causing confusion to us when moving in.

There has been a problem with Emeritus transitioning over to Brookdale. And has been the excuse given when things go awry. The staff does not wear name tags - again blamed on Brookdale's takeover which makes it difficult to remember who spoke with you at any given time. They are short handed for staff especially at mealtimes.

The nurses egregiously mishandled my mother's heart medications and tried to give her double the amount of Coumadin and half the amount of lopressor. My mother told them they were wrong. My mother is not senile so she knows when something isn't right. We were lucky that a nurse from the Brookdale home office who was visiting my mother on July 3rd straightened it out, and we were dismayed that the nurse on staff that day was more concerned about covering herself than the fact my mother had a heart rate of 122. Part of the problem was the Drs. order for lopressor was not updated to the correct dose from her cardiologist. But why did they not question this? They saw the prescription bottles. The coumadin was transposed incorrectly and then carried forward. These incidents were alarming and had me question Emeritus' ability to care for my mother's wellbeing. There should be an incident report filed on this if it hasn't happened already. Thank God that nurse advocated for my mother. Also that Brookdale has these checks and balances from other nurses who are not employees of the facility.

We were sold by Emeritus' marketing team on their flexible meal plan with a diverse menu and the ability to order other meals that were always available if you didn't want the entree of the day. The meal plan has turned out to not be what was promised at all, the menu we we shown by marketing we were told is not available anymore they claim due to Brookdale's takeover. This is false advertising and they need to provide what they promised when we contracted with Emeritus. We made our decision to go to this facility based on this meal plan among the other considerations. My mother has also told me there are not enough staff at mealtimes and had to wait 30 minutes to put in her order while seated in the dining room. She was concerned that her table mates were diabetics and needed to eat on a timely basis. She also had to pick up utensils for them when dropped since there was not enough staff. She also mentioned that there were other staff there that were conversing instead of working to help the other 2 hardworking staffers with the meals. They are there to work, not gossip with their buddies. And my mother is not there to take care of other residents.

We were told there was free wi-fi included. My mother still does not have it in her apartment as they are claim they installing a new system. They told US to get a hotspot. THEY should get a wi-fi extender available at any store like Best Buy or Staples to have the signal reach her room so she can get what was promised.

Nice looking community!

I toured this community when I was looking into care options for a loved one. I actually toured a few different Emeritus communities, and I was impressed by the overall quality of all of their facilities that I saw. This community was well maintained, and I liked their policy about upgrading and renovating the rooms that new residents move into. I didn't end up selecting this specific Emeritus community due to location and logistics, but it was definitely somewhere I'd recommend looking into for other families.

So far things are pretty good

Things are still new. So far I think that communication could be a little better. Some little things haven't been done, that we asked to be done. They don't always call right away, but there can be circumstances too. The food is wonderful. There are two sides, there is the more independent side and the memory care side.

Not what we expected; awful!

This facility is small and appropriate for low functioning dementia patients. The staff is caring and attentive but activities are limited and stimulation is minimal. We moved our mother after one week because it became clear to us that despite what we had been told the residents were in the more advanced stages of their disease, were fairly low functioning with offered activities matching this level of functioning and our mother would be under stimulated, bored and unhappy. We also had some concerns regarding cleanliness but we expect those concerns have been addressed by management. BEWARE: All email addresses were the persons title and not their name; probably means high turnover! HINT: Be sure to negotiate for a trial period, in writing, before signing anything if you have any concerns as to the appropriateness of this or any facility. We did not and despite rigorous negotiations with management left a large amount of our mother's money on the table when we moved her.

Very Impressed

My husband and I were very impressed with the facility. Emeritus in Rocky Hill is a beautiful facility and we are very pleased to have found such a pleasant "home" for Mom.

Pushy

I thought that they were pushy when they came unannounced. They said they had an appointment and visited my mother in the morning without us knowing that they were coming. Then they wanted to put her in a room with another woman and just one bathroom between the two of them. So they just didn't have the right space for her. They had other space but that was their plan, two women in a room with one bathroom.

Missing Laundry

We ended up choosing this community, and it is good so far. They could improve on keeping personal items with that person. My mother-in-law came in with seven pairs of pants and they are all missing now. Apparently there is problems with the laundry, but supposedly they have changed their procedures. She shares a room. They take them out about once a week or so to different places like art museums and shopping centers. Overall we are satisfied.

Loved the facility and the people.

Loved the facility and the people.

Assisted living $3975 for alcove stu...

Assisted living $3975 for alcove studio and care costs start at $200/mo. Community fee is $3000!

Clean, nice layout, not confusing. 3 ...

Clean, nice layout, not confusing. 3 nurses during the day, a lot of activities. Rooms decent size. Not many maried couples. Friday dr appts, good menu. Podiatrist visits monthly good for dad.