Brookdale Ridgeland - Ridgeland, MS

Brookdale Ridgeland - Ridgeland, MS has yet not published prices.

Not impressed

Not a very desirable place and certainly not worth the price charged. The staff is very unfriendly. Rooms are adequate but certainly nothing nice. Food is ok at best and portion sizes are tiny. There is a lot of unhealthy fast food type served such as hot dogs, sandwiches, etc at night. Light housekeeping is exaggerating. Activities are not interesting or stimulating and mostly consistent of free things like watching tv and playing games. Place has a very definite urine odor much worse that a nursing home.

Clean Community

This is a nice community my mother seems to like it here a lot. The community is very clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and nice very interactive with the residents. My mom loves doing activities and enjoying the other residents. The food is fine taste food and is hot. I would recommend them to anyone.

Pleasant Tour Overall

This is a nice community, and my tour of it went well overall. Everyone was very friendly, and nice. From what I saw the community looked well-kept. The staff was kind, and my questions were answered. The experience was a pleasant one.

Good Tour

We had a nice tour of this community. Everything went well, and the experience was a nice one.

A good experience

My loved one is having a good respite stay at this community. The staff are real nice and quick to respond. They offer pendants for the residents to wear. The activities director is funny and keeps the residents having fun. There is a sidewalk around the community for the residents to walk. The food looks ok most of the time. The community is well taken care of.

A tour for mom

We toured this community. The staff was very nice and able to answer the questions we had on the care that is given. The community is clean and we liked the dining area. The menu here was nice and they had a lot to choose from. The activities that they have would be helpful. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Not A Good Location for Us, but A Nice Community

This is a nice community, and my tour of it went well. I toured it for my father, and his needs. The community looked good, and everything I saw looked clean. The staff was very kind to my family, and myself. Unfortunately the location of this community wasn't convenient for us to travel too, but our tour was a good one overall.

Older facility that looks run down. People and staff were wonderful, especially [Removed]. Nice rooms and a screened in porch at the end of the halls was a nice touch. Good prices and incentives.

Not A Perfect Place But Pleased

Mom has been in this community for a month. What he likes the best are the activities and interaction from the residents. It worked out for us. It is extremely clean , public are 100% spotless. A few issues for not being cleaned the way I was told. The bed was not made in the morning and trash is not dumped 3 times a day. Overall we are pleased, no place is perfect. She is safe, happy, and it is clean, most important qualities to us.

First Choice!

The Brookdale Ridgeland was our first choice! It's a beautiful facility and the lady that took me around the building was very friendly and knowledgeable. Everything was maintained very well. The reason we did not chose it is because they did not have an opening.

Care for my mom

I like the care that is given to this community. We like the staff members are very nice. She seems to be happy with the meals that are served. They do offer her some activities and is now in physical therapy. We would recommend the care and value for other families.

Dark And Depressing

The Brookdale Ridge was in terrible need of renovation. The community was depressing, on my tour, the residents were just watching tv. I toured during dinner time and the meals looked good. The staff was very friendly and answered all of my questions.

Very Accommodating Community, This is A Great Place

It has been a great experience for us here with this community. I know my mother is safe and in good hands here. I can't say enough good things about the staff. They have really bent over back wards to help us. Mike and Reba have been amazing with all the help they have provided us with. The community looks nice and well-kept. There are nice activities and good meals offered. Overall it has been lovely experience, and I would recommend this community.

Good Care for Mom

I am very happy with this community for my mom. She loves the staff and the cleanliness here. Her meals are good and she likes the variety. I would recommend this to other families.

Great Community!

Everything is working out fine for our loved one since the move to Brookdale Ridgeland. The staff have been very helpful and friendly. We are satisfied with the care that the community has provided. The community is nicely kept and clean throughout. Our loved one is enjoying the variety of meals and activities offered.

Care Options.

This is a nice community with good staff. At times they might not have alot of staff available. The food is good and a variety. They do offer activities for those who want to participate to stay active.
I would review all aspects of this community for other family members.

So Far So Good Experience

My mother is still adjusting to this community, it has been a hard process for the both of us. They do have a lovely staff here, they are caring for her pretty well so far. It is a very nice and clean community, it doesn't have a bad odor. A place for mom was great with helping me find a community. So far I feel like she is in good hands, and being cared for well.

Review of Brookdale Ridgeland - Ridgeland, MS

We have seen this one very nice

Very nice place!

Our experience with Brookdale Ridgeland has been a very positive one, they do a great job with everything here! The staff is friendly and professional, the facility is clean and well kept, and they take great care of the people who live here!

Better than expected!

I have recommended this community to others already. My Mother-In-Law is doing pretty good there. Depending on the level of care needed for someone, this place is fine. She is still more independent than some. They are very accomodating, very friendly. So far this has been a good experience and things are going better than expected. The director Mike and sales person Reba are very friendly and wonderful.

They just absolutely love Brookdale.

They just absolutely love Brookdale. I think they would get a five. We been so impressed with the level of care. We chose them for the attentiveness they showed, they made it really easy and smooth to get set up.

Warm, kind and professional

Had a great experience with the staff and administration at Brookdale. Everyone is warm, kind, and professional. The accommodations are nice and they go out of their way to make sure we have what we need.

Still assessing if Brookdale Ridgeland is the best option for my Dad

It is a Brookdale property now. It was not our first choice for my father, however it is clean and most of the staff are kind and pleasant. The food is appetizing and my father's biggest complaint is the lack of stimulation and daily activities. Folding napkins is not high on his list, nor mine and I would like to see more physical, fun activity . Perhaps when the weather cools there will be. My biggest concern, which has been voiced to the facility director and nursing director, is that the staff do not have name tags and particularly the nurse dispensing medicine. My sister, who was visiting my father over the weekend and is a practicing RN for 30 years, was quite distressed with the lack of proper protocol that the nurse followed in taking a diabetic client's blood sugar (after his meal rather than prior), that she was not gloved, dropped meds on the floor and then gave them to the client after retrieving them from the floor. We have been assured that this particular nurse will soon be moving on, and I hope that closer attention will be paid to the weekend staff and particularly the nurses who are the first line of medical caregiving.

Brookdale Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your feedback. We are committed to continuous quality service and care and will share your feedback with our management team.

I am happy enough with, them.

I am happy enough with, them. They treat her fine, and everything is fine. The people are good, it's very nice. The location is nice, and they take them out places to do things. It's very, very nice.

Well they could improve on handling catastrophic events. When the patients get out of hand i don't think they've been trained to handle that, especially with memory care patients.

I found the staff to be very accommodating and very friendly.

I found the staff to be very accommodating and very friendly. They seem to be dealing with my dad well. We are very pleased. The facility is clean. Everyone is nice and welcoming. They do a good job at taking care of my dad. Everything has been going well. I would recommend the Emeritus at Ridgeland Pointe. It has been a very good experience for us. My dad seems to be comfortable and happy here. It's nice.

Very Caring

I think the direct care workers have been very caring. They get to know each resident and enjoy them. They seem to enjoy being there. I think that's really important. I like the fact that it has windows and lights in the dining room. They can see outside the windows while they are eating their meals. That's one of the reasons why I chose this facility over the other ones. They always inform us. They are always able to answer our questions.

So far we are very pleased

We have been here for 2 weeks. So far we are very pleased. The Emeritus at Ridgeland Pointe is a nice community. My loved one likes it so far. I am glad that she likes it here. It is very clean and everyone is friendly.

Little Rocky But Improving

Because of the changeover to an new name, things are a little rocky but are improving. Staff is very supportative and very happy here.

We were not pleased.

We were not pleased. There were some issues with cleanliness while we were here. They left a feces rag in the sink, and feces in the shower, for a whole day. When we would make complaints, nobody would do anything. I don't think they were understaffed, but they were not very responsive.

very satisfied

They have done very well at facilitating the process of getting a resident moving in from another facility where things didn't work out. It is a very nice place and the people there are wonderful.

You have to ring a bell to get into the memory care unit, and then wait for someone to come let you in. That can be a bit of a pain. Other facilities have a code they will give you without having to wait for the staff to come and let you in, and I prefer that method.

At this point I would say we are very satisgied with Emeritus at Ridgeland Pointe.

For the most part we have been pleased.

For the most part we have been pleased. We have had some instances with some items being stolen. From what I understand that happens everywhere. The care, we have been pleased with. The facility overall is very clean, but the housekeeper does an average job. There are plenty of activities, and the food is okay, it's not home made, but the portions are adequate. There are some strange combinations that they serve, like a biscuit and scrambled eggs and crab cakes, that's a little different for dinner. They are in the middle of changing hands from Emeritus to Brookdale.

My experience with Emeritus at Ridgel...

My experience with Emeritus at Ridgeland Pointe has been excellent. I'm real pleased with their services. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The facility is pretty clean. Overall I'm pleased with Emeritus at Ridgeland Pointe.

My experience with Emeritus at Ridgel...

My experience with Emeritus at Ridgeland Pointe has been good. The staff is friendly and very caring. I like them a lot and would recommend them to others. I'm just tickled pink and very happy with Emeritus at Ridgeland Pointe.

The visit was positive. Mo...

The visit was positive. Mother liked Ridgeland Pointe. She says she's not ready to move yet but she did visit with some of the residents. She has to go to a heart doctor on Monday and a vascular doctor on Friday. She was given all the information and has brought it home to read. The costs are higher than her monthly income so she is going to the VA to see what they can do.. we have applied for the Aids and. Assistance. We should hear from them within 90 days.

First look is really good.

Since my husband has not yet moved into his room, my evaluation is based on what I have see so far. I hope it is even better.

Very Good Place

The cleanliness and care seem to be very good. They have different charges. You have your basic charge and then your care charge on top of that. They have something going all the time. They have bingo, wine socials once a week or so, devotional services, movies, ice cream socials on Sunday afternoons. They have a good number of activities. They have their busses running to various places for the residents too.

excellent care during a res...

excellent care during a respite month. Very kind employees. My uncle was always clean and well cared for.

Were scheduled for 5/3/13 m...

Were scheduled for 5/3/13 move in but when she was evaluated they didn't think she was a good fit for AL. We went back to RPointe to look at memory care, we like the private room but we're not ready to put her there yet, she's back home for a while. We're keeping her on their MC list. Not sure how long I will be able to manage, I am getting sitters & home health starts today. I think I'll know what to do after having her in my care for a little while. So right now she's home.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.