Brookdale Tanglewood - Houston, TX

Brookdale Place Tanglewood provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Not for Mom

I toured this community and as soon as I walked in I was ready to walk out. The odor when you walk in will knock you over almost. The staff was really nice and answered all of my questions. It is a older community and the lighting was bad. If they would do some refurbishing it would do wonders. Just not the place for my mom.

Options for care

We toured this community and likes the staff. The community was bigger than what we wanted for my sister. The staff was nice and they had a lot to offer. The menu had good meals and the activity would have been nice to see her participate. We would suggest that other familiar tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Very nice director!!

The director at this community was very friendly and I could have not picked a better person to give my loved one and I a tour. She was attentive to my questions and make sure to give us a detailed look at there facility. They had a beautiful property with lots of great amenities for the residents. It was just not the right location in the end decision.

Lack of Care

My mother is doing okay, she is currently in the hospital. We are figuring out where she will go once she is released. I do have my concerns about this community. They are lacking in caring for their residents, and their needs. The staff needs to be more attentive, and helpful. Also they have not followed through with many of the promises that were in our contract. When we bring our issues up to the director. They say they will fix the issues, but nothing changes. They are slow to respond when needed for help. They do a good job with the cleanliness, and the meals are nice. Overall we have had a lot of challenges with this community.

Great Staff at This Community

I'am pleased with my mothers move to this community. She is doing very well, and everything is working out very well. They have a great, caring staff at this community. They have been great keeping us inform about my mother. There are plenty of activities available for the residents. She cleans her plate every time she eats, the food is good. This is a community I would recommend, it is a nice facility.

My Visit To The Community

The staff I met at this community during my tour was nice. The community looked beautiful. This community was located a little farther away than what we were looking for. This community was a little more expensive than the community we chose.

It was okay...

When I toured Brookdale Tanglewood, I thought it was very nice but it was not what I was looking for. Also, to be fair when I toured it I did not know that my mother needed memory care.

Care for a friend

I am happy to see that my good friend is getting good care at this nice community. The staff are very attentive and caring to his needs. The menu is very good and a nice variety that is offered. They do have alot of nice activities that are available. We would recommend this community for good care and value for other families.

A good place to look into

This was a great community when we visited. This was originally our first choice. The community we chose did have larger rooms and offered more for the price. The staff here were nice and the community is clean. The other community just offered more of a family feeling.

Great home away from home!

Tanglewood has been great. It took a little to get my mom situated. ( but I know she can be somewhat difficult) they worked with her and actually have gotten her involved with some of the activities. Better than I've been able to do! They have great caregivers, nurses and Staff they greet everyone by name and are genuinely concerned.
If I have had ANY issue [Removed], Executive Director, has been right on top of it, even down to taking her a treat now and then...I would definitely recommend. [Removed]

Don't Care for This Community too Much

I didn't really care for this community to much. It wasn't the fit for my mother. and her needs. The facility is a high rise building, and I wasn't very comfortable with that. There were many factors that played into where to place my mother for her needs. Unfortunately this wasn't the place for her.

Comfort For Dad!!

I would recommend the Brookdale because the staff has been very helpful int he process of getting my father moved in. My father likes to go to mass Wednesdays and Sundays there in the community. They have a very nice dining room, and the meals are good from what I have heard.
The only problem we have had so far is that the toilet in my father's apartment keeps running and they told us that they have ordered the part, but its been a few days now. Other than that, it's a great place so far, my father is relatively happy.

Home for dad

I like the care that my father is getting with the great staff. The community is very clean and well taken care of. The food is good and he is happy with the variety. They have offered him activities for participation with others. I would recommend this for a good value and the great care that is given to other families.

Communication Needs to be Better

There seem to be some communication difficulties between the caregivers and the nurses. My mother went in with a small bedsore, and within a month it was horrible! They were apologetic, but surely one of the girls putting my mother to bed must have seen how bad it was getting and should have reported it!

I am giving them one more chance.

Worth taking the tour!

The tour of Brookdale Tanglewood was very pleasant. We have liked all the Brookdale communities that we have spoken and met with so far. They staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. They do a wonderful job addressing all of our concerns. The community is very nicely kept and updated throughout.

Friendly faces and helpfull staff!

My Dad moved in to the Brookdale Tanglewood facility in early January at 87 years of life on this planet. He was living in his own home and driving but passed out at church and the Dr "suggested" that he should not live alone or drive.
He was greeted warmly by the team at Tanglewood and has made two "meal buddies". He seems to be having a challenge with getting into the activities, but we are praying as he acclimates that will improve.

Great Place!

The staff really care for their clients. They follow through on requests, such as hanging a valence above a window when my mom moved in. The client/staff ratio is very low, so your family member will get plenty of attention. I wish Clare Bridge Crossings program had existed 2 years ago--my mother would have benefited from being in it earlier.

Although and older facility, it ticked all of our boxes. The staff was cheerful and willing to meet our demands. The rooms we saw were small but workable. Closer to home for us, which is very appealing.

Great spot for my Mother. She has dementia so spends most of her time in the memory care unit, but has her own apartment & the staff checks on her frequently. Can't say enough about this place; I go there often, at all different times & have not been disappointed.

Very nice facility. Lovely garden area available to residents. Apartments are large and well lighted.

Good

Mrs.King loves the way they get treated.

Review of Brookdale Place Tanglewood Assisted Living in Houston, TX

Very nice facility and staff. The new memory care area looks great. This is my second time to visit in 2 years. We would probably move mother here except there is no place for her to walk. The halls are short and there is no room outside to walk safely.

My favorite so far. Very c...

My favorite so far. Very clean, elegant, great apartment space for the expense and Kaitlan is awesome. I like the options to explore respite but also transition to Assisted Living.

Our Fears were Eased

For the variety of people that live there, the activities are really good. There is no one activity that will fit everyone. A lot of nice things have happened with the staff. Of course you are really scared going into this, and they know that and they understand that that is how we are coming into the situation. They really make an effort to ease that fear. I didn't know that they would do that. They went above and beyond to make sure that we were comfortable. It is a very nice high rise apartment building, and there are a lot of those in the neighborhood. It seems to blend in with the neighborhood.

Nice facility but staff did...

Nice facility but staff didn't seem engaged with the residents.

LOCATION!!! Friendly staff...

LOCATION!!! Friendly staff & energy!!! Physical, mental & social activities. Various prices on private large rooms, bring own furniture, safe bathrooms. Easily transferred to memory care unit should need arise, housekeeping and laundry service, visiting physicians, on-site physical rehabilitation, enclosed courtyards, pets allowed. Offered us a FIXED MONTHLY RATE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Liked it, didn't see memory...

Liked it, didn't see memory care so will go and see.

Oustanding place. Lightinng is great...

Oustanding place. Lightinng is great. Place very clear and new. It seems it would work out for his needs, but facility has unfair contract clauses such as unfair practice for avoiding court suit, arbitration and limited liability and waive of jury is determined the arbitration to be ilegal. Also, transportation is very restricted to specific days, hours and miles. Directors wants medical appointments to be coordinated one month ahead. There are high costs associated to medical managements if not using Pharmamerica, the preferred pharmacy used by the facility. These costs are in addition to fees paid on the medical management fees. The place is condition for being there all the time. Individual transportation are not provided at any time except in group. The director is hard to deal with. Transportation offerred with promotion package is a trap to attract clients. Contract does not provide clear clause for terminating the contract, just the resident may terminated the contract. I can anticipated somebody trying to terminated the contract will have hard times.

Very impressed. Out of price range ho...

Very impressed. Out of price range however.

In the former Marriott. The assisted...

In the former Marriott. The assisted living section seems an after thought. Or the stepchild. Parking a NIGHTMARE. They will gladly valet though for Free.