Concord Place #1 - Concord, NC

“The staff here is so caring and dedicated that most can tell you what color nail polish our ladies like and the flavor ice cream they prefer.” Conveniently located on the east side of beautiful and historic Concord, Horizon Bay Assisted Living is away from the bustling downtown Concord area, but just minutes away from Carolinas Medical Center Northeast, the Carolina Mall, Frank Liske Park, and a variety of restaurants. Our pet-friendly community is set amid beautifully landscaped walking paths and wooded areas.

Our apartment-style community offers all the amenities of home without the work. We have friendship suites available with private bedrooms, and Memory Care is coming soon! Our dining programs offer restaurant-style dining featuring fresh and nutritional choices every day. A unique feature is that we offer local Southern comfort home-cooked meals, including wonderful soups that warm the heart, and a variety of choices for dessert.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch programs and services to enhance our residents’ living experience. This includes our resident programs. Our residents take a large part in creating the various programs here, which emphasize their talents and traditions. Among the residents’ favorite activities are bingo, exercise, horse racing, baking club, flower arranging, church services, musical entertainment and nail care.

Because we are a really small community, we are able to get to know our residents on a personal level. Most staff members have constant communication with family members and really connect their desires with our care.

Call today to arrange a visit, and experience for yourself the meaningful lifestyle our residents enjoy every day.

Horizon Bay's assisted living facilities in Concord, North Carolina redefine life for seniors where they are respected as individuals and encouraged to live life more meaningfully.

Great place

The staff has been very helpful and the residents seem very happy and friendly.

Things are ok

Dad is still adjusting to living at this community. The staff is wonderful and good to him. We have good communication. They do offer daily activities and he likes the food. The community is clean and they have a secured outside area for the memory care residents. I have no complaints and I would recommend this community.

Very Nice Community

I have seen an improvement in my mother since moving here. The staff has been working with her with various things and in doing that she seems to be improving. The staff is wonderful very kind, and patient and very accommodating. The community is clean and well kept. I have never personally eaten here but when I visit mostly it is at dinner time and the food smells and looks very good. The dining area is setup like a restaurant there are menus on the table to order off of. There are normally 2 settings.

Good fit for mom

The Concord Place has been a good fit for my mom. The atmosphere is warm and has a homey feel. The staff is friendly and caring and attentive to her care needs. We also have a home health aide to come in to give her the extra care ordered by her Dr. The food is very good, they offer a wide variety choice. There are plenty of activities that the staff encourages the residents to participate. We are very satisfied with the care they are giving our mom and a good fit for our budget. We would recommend this community to others.

A nice looking community

We thought this was a nice looking community when we visited. The staff we met were friendly. This community seems to offer a lot of activities and special events. This community did not have openings when we visited.

It Has Been A Good Start

My mom is doing really here and the community has been consistent as in the beginning. I liked the expectation of the staff and the location of the community. She's getting good with the meals. I think their head chef left and lately she is not as pleased.

A very nice place!

We primarily toured the Brookdale because I wanted to show my loved ones what assisted living was like. My aunt was okay with it but my uncle was not comfortable with it. The Brookdale was very nice and clean, it would have been an option for us if that was what we were looking for.

Father approved!

We are very impressed with the aides here. They really care about there patients. Dad loves the place. At first it was a hard transition, but then he started to get involved. Dad really likes the dining and the food. Dad said that the food could be a little bigger portions, but good. The community is clean, but sometimes it looks like they need to seep and mop.

My husband and I were extremely impressed with this four star rated community. It's exceptionally clean and appears to be very well run. It's a small facility which provides a more intimate setting, yet it's well organized enough to offer a broad range of in-house services. We're delighted to be moving my mother to this serene setting.

The staff at the Brookdale are very nice, they are helping my mother adjust to the change. The room my mother is in is comfortable with natural lighting, she has a window that looks over the courtyard. The thing that we liked the most about this community is the fact that they were willing to take her there because she needs 2 people to better assist her needs. We have no complaints this place is wonderful.

Great Community, But A Little Expensive

I really enjoyed my tour of this community. Everything looked great, and I was very impressed. From what I saw everything looked very nice and clean. The staff was kind and friendly. They were informative and answered my questions. They have nice activities offered for the residents. Everyone was very nice. Their rates were expensive for our budget. It is a very nice community overall.

Brookdale does not get my recommendation!!

My husband was at this community for about 2 weeks. If he did not like the food they served they did not feed him all day. He was in his room with no air conditioning when I came to see him. They did not brush his teeth. Things came up missing from his room. They charge you for everything.

What I hear!!

The staff are attentive and friendly. The community is clean and well taken care of. They offer a calendar of daily activities. My loved one has made friends.

Review of The Haven at Wingate - Wingate, NC

The Haven at Wingate is a very clean and well maintained community. The staff are friendly and take good care of my mom. There are activities available but unfortunately due to her Alzheimer's she is not able to participate. I have tried the food and it seems to be fine. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

Great overall experience with Brookdale.

The overall experience with Brookdale has been great. I was pleased with the service, the staff, the administrative staff. They all answer questions honestly. The food is fine.

5 stars

5 stars. I am not familiar with the activities.

would definitely recommend this facility

Brookdale Concord South is going well. The only thing I would say they possibly need to improve on is having a schedule printed out. We had a lot of questions when we moved in like what days does laundry get done, what day do they clean her room, ect. I would have liked to see them give a hand out of some sort with all of that information as a quick reference. Also after 6 weeks we haven't had a lot of feed back as far as how she is doing, etc. I would like a monthly status report or something like that. I asked them if they had any regular meetings scheduled and they said they only do that if anything changes. To me I think it's better to have like a monthly meeting on the staffs perspective of how things are going before anything changes. It would be nice to have more frequent updates. Right now I have to seek out information. It's been pretty good overall though. With any move for a person this age it is an adjustment. She was confused because there were a lot of workers and they don't work 7 days a week. I think we are past the worst of the adjustment now. I know all the staff and they have all been helpful and friendly. We chose this facility because it is smaller and thought it would be less overwhelming for her and it has been. We would definitely recommend this facility.

very pleased

At Brookdale Concord South we are very pleased with the activities and the staff getting my mother involved. I will say that they are not cleaning her room well. They seem to come in and do a half way job. Other than that I am very pleased with this facility.

The staff was very friendly. I was greeted immediately. They took time to learn what Mom's needs were and even though assisted living may not be what were looking for right now, they were able to offer other services that might be of benefit while trying to look for the right fit. They explained about vacation/respite care that could be utilized. They helped me see what our options were. Staff was friendly with the Residents and new them by name. They were professional and courteous. The atmosphere was pleasing and comfortable as well.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Brookdale Concord South was top of the line, just a very nice place overall. The facility itself was well kept and clean, and the staff were friendly and professional. I was very impressed by the tour, and the residents here all looked well taken care of and happy.

It's nice, if you can afford it.

We looked here. It's nice, if you can afford it. Their services are all a la carte, and it adds up fast. They don't accept Medicare or Medicaid. It was clean and really nice, but expensive. I can't really rate the care services, or the activities.

Caring but not forceful

Brookdale Concord South are good, but mom can be adamant about not doing something she won't do it. The staff does try to their limitations, They are not forceful with my mom. The staff are all friendly and great and do not charge me unnecessarily. The activity director has arranged lots of activities to keep mom busy if she chooses.

Not pleased

My family member did not even get a chance to move in to Horizon Bay. After we had given a part of the payment upfront, they rejected us about four days before my family member was supposed to move in. However, they kept our money and have not been easy to deal with since. The staff is nice but unhelpful. I have spoken to the facility and their corporate department with no such luck in getting our money back. If you choose this community, DO NOT give them any money upfront, despite what they say, only pay them after your family member has been settled into the community. Very disappointed.

My husband has been doing very well there this past week and enjoying his stay. Hope to have him home Sunday or Monday. Patricia

Toured facility 2/23; many ...

Toured facility 2/23; many residents in pretty bad physical state; overall depressing environment but staff were friendly and helpful; much more like a nursing home than retirement center.

Sona was wonderful, had a g...

Sona was wonderful, had a great visit, just did not meet our needs regarding space and budget.

Would like more structure

It's a very nice place, they were a little more cavalier in their presentation. Everything that I saw about their facility was a little more cavalier and I sincerely beleive that structure is good for certain things and I beleive structure is a good assitance for Alzheimer's patients. They may have had a perfectly wonerful program that may have been better than anything I've ever seen but the percieved lack of structure didn't seem ideal.

Overall, I think they do well in ever...

Overall, I think they do well in everything, I really think the thing that I like the most is the openness and willingness and the communication that they want to have with me but if I were going to indicate one area that could be improved it would be with the schedules of their folks. Sometimes one person doesn't know what has happened with regards to my loved one, to be able to explain something to me and maybe it is communication between them, I don't know, but I think if there was some way where they could ahve better systems in place for keeping track of things or what's been done on a different shift or a different day. But I have been very pleased with the people here, she seemed to have settled in and adjusted pretty well. It's a little smaller, and of course I can't compare any kind of individual attention she might have gotten at one place versus another but I felt like in the small environment she would get more one on one attention.

Minor setback with not currently acce...

Minor setback with not currently accepting medicaid, but director believes that within 1-11/2 yrs they will have issues ironed out by state of nc. Great feeling for good quality in all areas of evaluation and pricing is actually best yet. Talked to mrs Wildman, met other staff, got good vibes from overhearing resident comments and seeing warious interactions. Good level of participation and nice to see several suites with residents 'visiting' after lunch.

A nice small community.

A nice small community.

More of what dad is looking for - 2 r...

More of what dad is looking for - 2 rooms; offers sliding scale for insulin. Must provide furnishings {bed/bedding/towels, lamps, tv, phone, night stand, etc)

2200.00 price, but basic service only...

2200.00 price, but basic service only, no medicaid