Brookdale South Regal - Spokane, WA

Very nice place. Clean, lovely setting. Rooms look good size (especially the large 1-bedroom). Dining room looks clean and food was good.

Great layout of the rooms!

This was a great tour. The staff was very knowledgeable and answered all of my family's questions. They took their time and did not make us feel rushed. The floor plan is beautifully laid out so that nobody gets lost. This was where I was educated in the points system of how the rates are evaluated and charged accordingly. We would have chosen this place but they did not have any openings at the time of our visit.

I liked the fact that residents were sitting in the open lobby, reading newspapers, when we arrived. Very open area up front. One bedroom room (the small one) was ample for Dad and had a lot of closet space plus a pass-thru for privacy things.

We Have Wonderful Experiences There

My dad hasn't moved in yet but [Removed] has been excellent to us. She went above and beyond being helpful and I can't say enough good things about how much she has helped us. She helped us with the community fee, rent, and she reserved a room that we wanted for him. I liked that every apartment has an outdoor balcony or patio. My dad picked this and it seems content on moving in. The people there are happy and engaged with activities. It is very positive.

Everything is going well.

Everything has been going very well for my mother since she has recently made the move into this community. The staff have provided her with with great quality of care and lots of one on one time in the memory care unit. She has had no complaints about the food and enjoys participating in the activities that she is able too throughout the week. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Clean, Bright, has railings on all floor walls for stability and safety. Prices for extra care, e.g. handling medication and meal delivery seem a bit high. e.g.-- $30 per day for scheduled delivery of medication.

A positive experience!

My mother really likes it at the Brookdale South Regal. She really likes her room and the meals that they provide for her. They have a large variety of activities and the other residents are very kind.

Met at the door by tour guide, talked about Mom before we went on the tour, all questions were answered. Facilities were not only lovely, but also designed just for Mom and "her world now". She would be comfortable and I think happy here.

Happily ever after!

I must say that the staff here has been wonderful to me and my loved one. I was able to tour and they were very knowledgeable about the community and I really liked the layout of the place. There were residents out and they seemed happy to be there.

Disappointing

We had a very painful experience here. Very little room for diversity and more concern for appearance than comfort. Looks lovely but not the accepting and cozy environment we wanted for my parent.

The Move-In Went Well

The care has been going well for my mom. The staff are good help. It is a good place for my mom to stay and I think it is a nice looking community. I would recommend the community to my family.

Home

My sisters and I have nothing but praise for the wonderful people who work here. Communication is consistent, reliable and prompt! The staff all seem very friendly and have great senses of humor, too! The buildings are nice, easy to navigate and the individual rooms and apartments very comfortable. We checked out several places and knew this was the best choice for our Dad.
The dining room is so nice and the menu has a daily variety, along with the standards....something helpful for a resident with memory concerns. Taking a tour is a pleasure and having lunch on the day you tour is a great way to see how things work. They have consistently been wonderful in all areas of this assisted living establishment.

We don't feel that his condition was analyzed enough before putting him in, he is not ready for memory care and being locked in and we couldn't afford 24/7 care after 2 days

We were under the impression there would be more "assisting" available to integrate my father into the facility. He only lasted 3.5 days until we moved him back home. Physically he was so beyond all of the other residents. He walks 2-5 miles a day and we were told there would be other residents to walk with him, but there weren't. their walking group walked about 1 block a day. After the weekend, where my sister and I were with him most of both days, on Monday we were called and told we needed to get him 24/7 care which we couldn't afford, so we moved him back home on Tuesday evening.

Missing Items

Our experience with this community was okay not perfect. I do not feel they are trained to provide diabetic care. My grandmother things came up missing and when we with the pick her up they were not returned. Some of her records were missing and clothing items. There were nice people here, but they were not very attentive to the residents. After dinner they would just place the residents in front of the T.V. and they would fall asleep. If you want a professional active environment for your loved one this is not the place.

Nice size facility

It is a nice size. And it has a cozy and intimate atmosphere. They are lacking organizational skills but are improving. They need more staff.

communicated with the family really well

Brookdale Place at Harbor Crest did a really good job when dad needed to go to the hospital. They checked in on him often and they communicated with the family really well. I really appreciated that attention to care and having updates on how he was doing.

staff there all have accents and communication has been real difficult

I think the biggest complaint at Brookdale Place at Harbor Crest is that he was move into the regular assisted living at the beginning. But after 2 days he was put in memory care. Well, when we visited we noticed the staff there all have accents and communication has been real difficult with them. Other than that it has been an overall pretty good experience.

By far the nicest in terms ...

By far the nicest in terms of amenities and the building and grounds. Apartments have decks or patio.

Great Environment at Harbor Crest

First thank you to Jodi - Our time time line for placing my day was very short. Jodi was quick to respond to our need and gave us great leads.The leads really helped our short time line. We were able to have dad assessed to determine the level of care he needed. We ended up at Brookdale Place at Harbor Crest. Thank you to Sandra for answering the many question we had as well as providing temporary housing for our dad. The places that were suggested by Jodi were all great with very help staffs. The main reasons for choosing Harbor Crest were the very clean and open environment, friendly and helpful staff members, former neighbors of my day who are now residents of Harbor Crest and the location of Harbor Crest is convenient for family members to visit.

They really do a good job.

They really do a good job. I am a retired professor and I don’t grade very high. This is on the high end cost wise, but I’m pleased with what’s being offered. Some of the caregivers are three’s and some are five’s so that’s why it’s a four. I see other people participating in activities, so that’s good. I’ve been pretty happy with what they do. When I make requests I get good responses.

Overall a nice place

Overall they've done a good job. It's a clean place, and the staff seem very nice. One area that could use a lot of improvement is the meal service. The dining service itself can be very slow. The food is decent, I'd rate it at around a 3 out of 5, and they have a nice salad bar.

Perfect fit for mom and dad

What a blessing to have found a perfect fit for mom and dad at Brookdale Place at Harbor Crest. Dad was there for only four months and he so enjoyed all the kind and friendly people there. It is so comforting to know that mom is at a place that she can be cared for and also enjoy a social life. She entertains her friends by having them join her for the delicious meals, themed parties, and wonderful Sunday brunch. She faithfully exercises daily
with a nice variety of organized exercises. The caring staff do a great job of meeting all mom's needs.

Mediocre

My Mother lives there... its expensive, but she loves it. I'm somewhat impressed. But if she's happy that's all that matters to me. I will say this, they're food is amazing!
And they're always including the families in events.

Run Away as fast as you can! Jack up rates after you move in and lie about Medicaid availability

They offered us 3 months free rent in Assisted Living and quoted us $3,000 for rent. After Grandma was there for 3 months they raised the rent by another $1000. They will tell you they onlly have 1 apartment available but if you look around they have several vacant apartments. Staff is slow to respond to needs, food is ok. I would look at competition even though they talk bad about other facilities. I wish we would have done more homework. They also will tell you they have Medicaid available when you run out of money but when you need it they do not have any "approved" apartments availalbe and its hard to find a nice facility that accepts Medicaid without a spend down. We had to move Grandma out to a facility that was not as physcially nice when she spent all her money at Harborcrest after a couple of years, but the care is decent. It's sad becasue She misses her friends.

Awful. Did a Bait and Switch. Offered us a couple months free rent then jacked up the price later

They gave us 3 months free rent off of Assisted Living which was enticing and gave us a rate after the 3 months. However, once the 3 months was up they increased the rent $1500 more than they quoted when we toured. Apartments are nice and food is okay but staff is not responsive to needs. They wine and dine you till you move in then don't give a crap unless you threaten to move out. They told us they only had 1 room available but went you walk around you will see a lot of vacant apartments. I would look into competition (which they talk poorly about) before moving into this complex. At this point we don't want to Grandma because she is too fragile and feel she would not do well but I wish we made a different decision in the first place.

Responsive Upper Management

They could use more activities to keep the residents occupied. They were conveniently located for our family. They offered us a reduce rate. They were better priced then comparable communities offering the same services. Upper management was very responsive and would handle any issues that would arise. Overall we were pleased with them.

love the memory ward. Indiv private r...

love the memory ward. Indiv private rooms. Apts don't have stove/ovens, just refridg and microwave. Other wise very very nice place. They would even create a baking set up, like their wood shop.