Brookdale North Chandler - Chandler, AZ

Brookdale North Chandler - Chandler, AZ has yet not published prices.

Long way between apartments and dining hall. White plain walls, this reminded me of a Red Lion Inn. There was an odor in the corridors. The menu was okay as I recall, a darker dining hall. I don't think it's as nice a place as my dad would like. We removed this one from the list.

This property is very spread out and my friend would have to walk quite a distance to the dining room or community areas. A one bedroom was also not available.

Mom is settling in

Mom is in the assisted living here in this community. The staff is friendly and responsive to her needs. She is starting to make friends here and they try to engage her to join in the daily activities. She has signed up for the Sunday brunch that is in the independant living dining room. She likes the food it is good quality. A lot of greenery around the grounds. I like that it is a smaller community and has an open atmosphere. I would recommend this.

We toured this community

The tour was wonderful. The staff was helpful and they answered all of my questions. It was nice and clean. They were doing some remodeling in the back of the building. The apartments looked spacious. But this was more expensive. My dad chose to go elsewhere.

We toured this community

We toured this community and it was alright. It was further away from her friends. She was worried none of her friends could get there to visit. The staff was very nice and answered all my questions. I was just not what we wanted.

Brookdale North Chandler

I toured Brookdale and loved it. It seemed an excellent value for the money. We would not have had a problem moving my loved one there except that they did not allow smoking anywhere except the designated areas.

You pay for anything extra

The rent here was much higher here than other facilities I was looking at. The rooms felt a little crowded with it being a 1 bedroom. The food is really good here though. The one complaint I had is at one point I needed a nurse to put eye drops in my eye. She did it for a few times and after that I was told that she wouldn’t be able to unless I paid them for it. I just wasn’t happy that if you needed anything extra, you had to pay for it. I would recommend this facility depending on what you’re needing.

Maintenance Requests in the Community Seems Limited

Everything is going well so far but the staff could do better. The maintenance I have requested are not being done. They tell me there are things that they can't do because that is the way it is. The light in the kitchen is so dim, I got to keep asking and complaining about it. No one would be able to see with that light. They seem reluctant to fix them. They could just do better.

I like it

The staff have been friendly, helpful and are interested in what I am doing. The community is well maintained. The food is good, however they just changed chefs and I hope things will still be good. They offer a full range of activities. There are some good aspects of this community and I would recommend it.

New carpet would work wonders

My in-laws are slowly settling in at Brookdale North Chandler. They are living in the more independent environment and are still sorting what will fit in their apartment. It could use a little help in the maintenance department such as replacing the worn carpet in the hallways and areas where it is worn out. We have asked them to replace the carpet on the outside patio of my parent's apartment which smells like pet urine. They will definitely want to sit out there when the weather cools off. We haven't had a chance to dine there with them yet but the food looks good and that they offer a variety of healthy choices.
The staff seems friendly and caring. I would recommend this community to others.

Perfect Stay!!

I have no complaints about how things went for my mothers respite stay at this community. She was happy the entire time she was there and I could have not picked a better group of people to look after her while we where away. The overall staff was amazing to work with and always attentive to her needs. I thought they had a great meal selection as well as activities throughout the day for all of the residents. Overall it was a great stay and I would defiantly recommend it to anyone.

Good Experience For Our Family

All is well for my grandmother since moving in. She is happy with meal and activities. I see a clean community and the staff keep all her belonging together. The staff communicate very well with me.

Clean Property!!

My mother has recently moved into this community and everything is going okay for her. The property is always clean which is a positive I will give to this place. I do wish that the staff would show there faces more throughout the day. I have visited multiple times and I never see anyone working. The meals are hit or miss, they could use some improvement in the overall quality. The last thing is I wish they would encourage my mother to get involved in some of the activities and get out of her room more.

Nice People!!

I had a nice tour of this community and thought that the staff that where very friendly and had a lot of great information to offer my loved one and I. I just thought that for the price they did not have as much to offer as the other facilities we had looked at. I also did not like that the view was over looking a free way.

Location is great. Staff is great. The unit we looked at was quite large and laid out nicely. My parents liked the facilities. They also liked that they could get a unit with a small fenced yard for their little dog. The price was very reasonable.

Very helpful!

When I was searching for a place for my mother, I toured Brookdale North Chandler. They send out someone to my mother's home to evaluate her and that's when they told us they could not take her because she needed a locked unit. They referred us to another community that is working out well.

Hi [Removed] was amazing! The property is nice and I would recommend it to people. Beautiful grounds, swimming pool and very friendly staff. For my Mom, this is too small a community, she is used to 100's of people around. Additionally, it exceeds our budget at $3,700 for assisted living studio and medication management. With that said, again, I would recommend this property and it's community to anyone looking for a nice quiet and beautiful space!

A community to look into

The tour of Brookdale North Chandler was impressive. The staff answered my questions and made sure I felt welcome. I would recommend them!

They weren't prepared in the beginning but things are going well now

My mother-in-law moved here. When she moved in the room was not ready. So far things have been good. She is involved in activities and likes the food. We chose Brookdale North Chandler because it was the one she liked best out of the places we toured.

The rooms were large and very reasonable. It is an old facility (a former resort) and is set up with a center court and 4 buildings around it. I didn't see the exercise room as it was being moved. The dining room was large and the food was very good. Even though there are many residents I only saw a few.

The tour I had here was great and the staff and residents were great. I was distracted by the surroundings that I wasn't able to carry on a conversation with the lady who was showing us the community. It was not clean and it had a smell. When we looked at an apartment, the carpets looked filthy and doors were dirty. All the people were nice but it smelled sour and it was dirty.

My tour!

This community was our second choice. The staff were nice. They offered daily activities. This community did not seem very bright or cheery. I did hear they offer fresh food and a pretty good chef.

Mom's Happy Here

My mom is doing really good here. The staff is very nice and caring. The community is clean and very nice. They offer great activities. I would recommend this for excellent care for others.

A clean community!!

The staff that helped us when we took our tour of this community were nice. This community was clean. The reason we did not choose this community is that the room at the community we did choose was nicer. It was a matter of what was available.

I Felt Like I Was In The Twilight Zone

I met with a nice guy who took me on the tour. I did not see much staff nor residents. i felt that this community was not managed right. I also felt that it was not clean enough for our loved one. This was most important to us.

HORRIBLE experience at the Assisted Living building. [removed] They keep her in her room for meal time so she has little to no interaction with anyone. This place is the worst. My sister and I are there 4 - 6 days a week and see everything. There are roaches and mosquitoes in her room all the time. We are looking to move her currently, at least to the Care Center where she can have skilled nurses looking after her. In the meantime, do not send your elderly parents here.

Fantastic experience

Rebecca has been fantastic in helping us with this transition to the new chapter in my parents life. The entire staff has been helpful and can't say enough about their maintenance crew. They apartment was turned over and looks brand new in just 2 weeks. Mom and Dad are really looking forward to the move.

Review of Brookdale North Chandler - Chandler, AZ

We met with Rebecca and she is great. She went through everything with us and answered alot of questions. The grounds here are nice and green with lots of open grassy areas. We looked at the floor plans that we were interested in and found the best fit. The unit we selected will be opening soon and we have a say in the refurbishment. Able to do the floor we want instead of carpet and choose paint colors. Looking forward to this new chapter in life

Great place in a great location

The grounds look very nice and everything seems to be in good repair and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and hospitable, everyone has been very nice. The dining room offers a wide selection of menu items, with a few standard items offered every day.

It is slightly more expensive than some of the other places we looked at, but it is a smaller facility, and offers a few more amenities than some other places, so the value is there for the price. We feel it is worth it to feel more cozy and home-like. The apartments are well laid out, and activities are varied.

The location is also convenient to hospitals, doctor offices, and shopping.

Don't put your dog here much less a loved one

When I signed my Mom & Dad up for assisted living here it sounded great. Full term care. My Dad ended up in hospital and was sent to there infirmary. Doctors did not get pain meds for three days. Bed was an air mattes that was flat they left my dad in for over a day before switching. Put him in a wheel chair and left him in cafatetia unattended to eat by himself even though he could not hold a spoon fork or knife. Kept giving excuses from doctor to head of staff. Called an abulance and moved him home and cared for him myself till he died a year later with hired nurses while I worked. I would not board my dog in that in caring farce of a nursing home.

Very nice facility

Very nice facility. Pretty grounds, nice dining hall. Very courteous sales associate. I really liked this facility and I think it is definitely one we will show mom when she comes down here.

Friendly staff

This is a very nicely decorated facility with spacious rooms. It is always organized, clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and attentive to the needs of the residents. The food here is good and there are a fair amount of games and activities for the residents.

She is happy there

Everything is going great there. It is my Mother-In-Law. She is happy there. The staff is great and attentive to her needs. The other residents are very friendly and are happy and taken care of too.

Has a beautiful campus. Buildings are separated so there is no escaping the weather when walking from your apartment to the main building. Lots of availability which was a concern to us.

great place like home

Great place. We love it. They run great promotions. My mom is very happy. Thank you for your services. We are very pleased with everything. The staff is very nice, caring and professional. Location is convenient. We are jut very happy and we could not have found it with your services. Thank you again. We are very happy with it.

Sales consultant ...

Sales consultant [Removed] seemed busy, distracted; constantly on phone. I felt rushed. Facility seemed nice but apartments are pricey for the level of care available. According to [Removed] if Mom fell their staff would not be able to assist her due to liability issues, would need to call 911. Three 2 bedroom floor plans available.

Good food

I think the only think I’d say is that my mom is a smoker and that is a little bit difficult with the new policy. There are some restrictions. The food is really good. There are outside areas for residents to enjoy and smoke in.

A nice place for mom or dad with needs to be around people, prefer not to cook or can't. Beautiful grounds with grass and trees!

My sister and I toured many facilities in the Chandler AZ area. It was actually my mom that found Park Regency. They called and said they would pick her up and return her home for a tour and lunch. She liked it, so my sister and I went. We agreed, it had a beautiful lawn, people where nice and her appt. was huge, the even did a re-model to open it up more. The price was in her budget and they gave her a really good discounted price and made it good for a years term. Food is good also, my complaints would be.... they do not return calls or follow up on concerns for a long time. I would like to see "outings" for the Independent living residents! They go to walmart etc. but not plays or museums for entertainment for their Seniors without transportation. They get bored!! same/same everyday... how many games can you play??

I would like to see more healthy foods, activities for well being and an emotional support system. Doctor visits in house more available and support to families with concerns. A quick, available "taxi" service at all times for those that want to go out for dinner or movie would be great!! Not a "group" but more intimate companions wanting an outing on their own! (independent living residents) Most of these folks do not have cars, and if they do, they shouldn't be driving! Why can't we keep our Seniors mentally active and "independent" by supplying them with these services?????

I'm pretty happy with the pricing her...

I'm pretty happy with the pricing here! We are having some problems with the care services. It seems like there is a lack of communication, and the dots are not connecting. We are looking for consistency, and they don't get back to us. They can't seem to get together enough to make it happen, but we're still working on it, and I do believe it will happen eventually. The staff are all very friendly, but it would be nice if they could be friendly and efficient at the same time.

The activities are also not that great. No one has seemed to get my loved one out to participate in them. They say they're going to, but that hasn't changed yet. The food is good, and I'm very pleased with it. Also, the price is very reasonable.

A family member works for hospice in the area, and had good things to say about Park Regency. However, the Assisted Living price more than doubles the Independent Living price, so that will become an issue down the road.

Very nice. Was a strong con...

Very nice. Was a strong consideration. However no washer/dryer in unit and too far to walk to activity center and pool. Too choose to freeway.

Park Regency: Don't look any further...this is the best place!

My Mom was reluctant to move into an "old folks home" But, upon arrival she was faced with a beautiful, clean, spacious apartment with a nice view, lovely neighbors, super helpful staff, and friendly people at every turn! She has only been there 3 weeks and she is already quite acclimated to the system. She goes to lots of activites, (as her schedule permits); she rides the van to doctors and stores (loves the driver, "he's soooo nice"); she spends time with friends she has made; she never has to eat dinner alone (unless she wants to); she LOVES her new apartment; and couldn't be happier! And BONUS: when her friend visits from her Brookdale Community home, she can stay for free! And it's only 3.5 miles from my house!

nice place too expensive do...

nice place too expensive does not convert on premises to altec

Don't let the outside fool ...

Don't let the outside fool you! This place is filled with warmth and a focus on the tenant. 100 hours-100 days socialization plan was very impressive. Loved the no scheduled meals approach but more like a restaurant with waiters and the menus looked awesome. (Filet Mignon on the always available menu!) The apartments were clean and right sized and included full kitchens and not just microwaves. The costs quoted for independent living were $2900 1bd, $3800 2bd and when required the transition to assisted or memory care seemed more negotiable.

Travis wasn't there to give...

Travis wasn't there to give us tour. Didn't like the limited walking area for mom and the dining room behind a door. Didn't like the community fee.

Could meet our specific needs

I think what they're doing is a 5, its just dementia is a challenge. I'm not expecting the staff to change day in-day out, the only things we're asking them to do is give out their medication. There are plenty of activites but I don't think my parents are participating, they are enjoying the food though. When we were looking we needed a place that had to meet the needs of my mom's husband and he's not as impared as she is. It was too much to expect him to go into assisted living after having lived in his home and just functioned freely as an adult. He's impared but it's a newer diagnosis and he's less impared than my mother. Park regency was definitely equipped to meet both of their needs.

Second Choice

Park Regency was my second choice. My only worry was that they had two buildings and my mother would be in the memory care so I was worried she might get lost on her way to the other building for activites and things. Maybe they have aids that escort them - I don't know. I found another community that worked for us so I didn't look into it further.

Brookdal..looks great has ...

Brookdal..looks great has pool

Independent living one bedroom apartm...

Independent living one bedroom apartment with kitchen, utilities/basic cable; add services--housekeeping, 2 meals daily. Other services can be added/subtracted at any time. Short order cooked breakfast 7-10; lunch/dinner ordered from a menu 11-7. Can have take-out boxed food. Smaller family room where family dinners/parties could be held. Bible study & men's group. Same housekeeper, same day/time. Heated pool/water aerobics. Assisted living 28 beds--same nurses/caregivers in memory care. Memory care here is for wanderers, incontinent during the night, or consistently need help getting out of bed/chair. (ALTCCS assisted living have more limited services--no 2 person transfers or care for advanced behaviors)

Visited this facility. Really liked ...

Visited this facility. Really liked it! A definite possibility.

small 1 bedroom seemed too small. La...

small 1 bedroom seemed too small. Large 1 bedroom better

Brookdale North Chandler provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. We understand that our residents are gaining much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful.