Brookdale Montgomery AL - North Wales, PA

I would not recommend this community at this time!!

The community is going through a transition and it has been pretty rough. There has been a lot of turnover and the quality of care has declined. The food has also gone down as I believe they now have one chef for both kitchens. They have lost some of the staff so the responsiveness to resident needs has declined. They do still seem to be keeping the community clean, but some families have pulled out their loved ones and moved them as a result.

Friendly, accommodating staff

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Brookdale Montgomery! It's a nice looking, clean, well kept community, and the staff all seem very friendly! They're accommodating to the needs of the residents, and they've got a great activities and exercise program to keep everyone engaged and entertained!

new Brookdale customer

I visited and evaluated 7 assisted living facilities in my area. All of which were referred to me by a Place for Mom. The services and information provided for by a Place for Mom was so very helpful and informative. I can't begin to thank them for helping me. After a long search, I decided on Brookdale Montgomery. There were a lot of factors that I used to make my decision which included services offered, pricing, social activities, kindness of the staff, beauty of the facility and advanced care needs. I found this to be the best place for my mom and she loves it there very much. I am very happy with my decision on this care facility for my mom.

My mom has only been there for a week. So far I can not think of anything that the facility could really improve.

Nice looking place!

Need Improvement

Whoever their executive director is now she is very fake and standoffish. I feel she does not know what she is doing and they picked the worse person to run that community. The care seemed to be very good and the employees were very friendly. The concierge was very polite and always had a warm greeting. The nurses seem to do an okay job but not the they can do. The aides were always helpful and made sure my dad looked the best he could when he was there. The sales manager seemed like she was a nice person but also seemed as is she had an attitude sometimes. the food was always good dad never complained. The pricing was very good to me even though it would go up sometimes depending on the care dad needed.

work on security

When touring the memory care facility at Brookdale Montgomery the staff didn't help someone that was crying uncontrollably. Instead they just continued on with the tour. This really upset me. The staff in personal care is awesome. I went to take my dad out day while there and went to the front door, there was no one at the front desk. I could have taken several residents out and no one would know. They need to work on security there. The residents there helped me find dads room instead of the staff. The marketing person is unbelievable, I cannot say enough good about her. I do wish they took Medicaid. If money weren't an issue I would choose Brookdale Montgomery in a heart beat.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think Brookdale Montgomery does a very good job in terms of the care they offer and the amenities they offer the residents. The staff here is friendly and professional, and the care that they provide is top notch. However, I was a little wary of their a la carte pricing for their care services. The price we are paying now is reasonable, but it has the potential to get very very expensive, and I've already seen our charges increase in the short time my loved one has been here.

They seem to be doing pretty good.

They seem to be doing pretty good. This is the second time we have used them for a respite stay. It's pretty clean and the staff is very friendly. I don't think the food is that great I would give the food a 2.5 or a 3. They are quick to respond to an issue, should it come up. They asked a lot of questions about her daily routine, and they have been pretty accommodating and nice. There are some laundry mix-ups and you can lose items. I would be wary about bringing expensive items that could get lost.

Out of our price range, with my Dad staying in the house, or even if he wanted to come, would not be able to afford it.

Met with Nicole today, who was delightful. The facility is beautiful, with a lot of natural light. The redecoration project looks amazing as well. Housekeeping is 2xs/wk with daily tidying. Laundry is 2x/week. They go on outings which are free, unless they go to a restaurant. Every morning there is an exercise program at 9:45AM. No showers in the room due to possible flooding or falls. Different showering rooms, 1 room for every six persons. It is very clean. Medication is an extra charge. There is an RN and 2LPNs and certified med techs. They can take care of everything upuntil hospice. Activities are held 10 hours out of the day - 3 activities directors. There are bus trips 1 time per week and 2 times per week in the summer - mall, ritsa, flower show. Outdoor areas.

A great Respite care facility

Brookdale is great place! My mom was able to stay there for respite care while I went on vacation. I had peace of mind knowing she was safe, and she had a great time meeting new people and getting involved with activities.
I would use them again and I would consider them once we have to make the decision for a permanent senior care home. Thanks so much!

I toured

It was a really nice community and the staff was really nice and helpful.The activities that they provide, seem to be pretty well attended. They have an activities coordinator that is just out of this world and everyone of the staff are very good about dealing with the residents.

Friendly, accommodating care staff

Our experience with Brookdale Montgomery has been a good one so far. They've been very helpful and accommodating throughout the whole process. Unfortunately our loved one had a medical emergency not long after the move, but they've stayed in touch with us and been a big help while she goes through rehab.

Management

My mom has lived through 3 Executives until the 3rd person was left go Kathy Rhoads she was the best thing to happen for that community. At present you have a Ice Queen overlooking that property named Diane we had her before when that home did not have anyone their she is the worse person to run that home. As the team tells me today she is out on medical leave so my question is How is Brookdale taking care of my mom and everyone else? Who is going to watch Wynwood and I was informed that Brookdale is also losing the Executive at Dublin. I feel values have changed I am really thinking of moving my mom out.i cannot speak for other families but you know we talk they feel the same. You had the perfect team "Corporate America"all about money and census.

I couldn't get a sense of how it really was, it felt staged.

It didn't seem like there was anybody there. It seemed more like a resort, than a community. I couldn't get a sense of how it really was, it felt staged. It seemed like there were actors as opposed to people living there. People seemed like they were dancing in the halls and I just thought there is no way that is what living here is like.

We like it so far!

We've had a good experience with the community so far! It's nice looking, and very clean, and the staff have all been friendly. When we toured we really liked the look of the rooms. One feature that was great is that every bathroom in the building is handicapped/wheelchair accessible. I was amazed when I was touring communities how few accessible bathrooms some places have! Our loved one has complained a few times that the response times for her in-room call button have been slow, but we haven't been able to verify.

They don't check on them very often.

When she went there, she didn't need skilled nursing, she does now, it was a good thing until a few months later. They were very nice and she enjoyed her stay there. They don't check on them they only check on them once in a while. I feel as if sometimes they are understaffed. I was there and I would pull the cord and no one would come, a few other times she would go for the door and they would have to come running. A lot of the people were very nice. I think they need to be a little more involved with them. It's a pretty place, it was a big room. There are times when I've seen other residents in her room and they would sit there for hours, nobody knew where they were.

Beware if your parent needs care with daily activities

A tour may impress you BUT never let your loved one stay here. My mother was left to lie in urine daily and they often did not have her out of bed even by 3pm. They made bed with urine sheets under bedspread. Multiple complaints to highest levels went unresolved long term. Management constantly turned over-5 times in 2 years. Unless your family member is independent to bath themselves, do not consider this facility. Moved my mother and her care has been excellent for last 2 years. A suggestion- non profits treat their staff and residents better than for profit facilities.

wonderful warm goal oriente...

wonderful warm goal oriented facility

They have been my first choice!

They have been my first choice!

Close to current house - would be fam...

Close to current house - would be familiar with the area.

I liked this place the best.

I liked this place the best.

Spoke with Maureen who sounded very w...

Spoke with Maureen who sounded very warm/friendly. Personalized assisted living, total care nursing home.

Very upbeat, well run community. Like...

Very upbeat, well run community. Like the range of residents function level and that there were men there for him to sit with at meals and maybe spend time with. Hoping to move him there.

Nice facility.

Nice facility.

Nice staff, unfortunately the rooms a...

Nice staff, unfortunately the rooms are too small.

Clare Bridge provides a comfortable, home-like setting with programs and services designed specifically for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other memory impairments. Clare Bridge offers private and companion suites in a comfortable neighborhood environment. Unique building features, such as visual cues and walking paths, help residents stay independent and find their way. Twenty-four hour trained staff works closely with each resident to provide personal assistance that promotes independence, dignity and choice. Our life enrichment program enables residents to participate in activities that can enhance self-esteem and maximize quality of life. Services offered at Clare Bridge include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Purposefully designed environment, including interior and exterior walking paths, way-finding cues and a home-like setting
- All exterior doors alarmed at all times
- Neighborhoods designed for small groups of residents help to regulate stimulation and create familiarity
- Resident Assistance Center located within each neighborhood enables staff to provide necessary services with privacy and dignity
- Exterior living spaces include enclosed courtyards and patios
- Training designed to assist staff in managing difficult behaviors and work effectively with the memory impaired
- Life Enrichment and Memory Support Programs