Brookdale Minnetonka Carlson Pkwy - Minnetonka, MN

Brookdale Minnetonka Carlson Pkwy - Minnetonka, MN has yet not published prices.

Not Good

I would not move a loved one into Brookdale Minnetonka. My wife was in [removed] so my knowledge of assisted living is limited to hearing over the radios that "this person's light has been on for a while". My wife had been there for a little over a year and the administration is very unresponsive from the start. I was told a couple things prior to moving in that turned out to be untrue. This filled a room for them and cost me more money which I am sure they were happy about.

Do not get me wrong, there are some aides, maintenance staff and receptionists that are very good and committed to the work they do. Sadly, the lazy aides are running the few good aides out. Over the past 5 months, the care level has gone down hill very fast and there is NO supervision in the memory care unit. I have filled the administration in and what goes on back there with no response and no action taken. Aides will be in the kitchen talking and visiting or on their phones during meals instead of helping the residents. Aides would argue in the kitchen because a few of them did not want to do anything. Everyone at the tables could hear what was going on.
Some days aides would ignore residents and I heard an aide mimicking and making fun of a couple residents. One aide told a resident that “you get what you get” when he asked what was for breakfast. I informed the administration and she asked for details. I have been giving details for 5 months and nothing changes and of course nothing changed after that conversation. I know employees have told management that things need to change and they don't even get a reply.

I was paying a lot of money which included assistance with meals and that never happened. She would struggle feeding herself unless myself or my stepdaughter were there to help. It was such a bad experience I would not move anyone in there. I feel terrible for the few good employees there but when it comes to care level, supervision and administration responsiveness - it is the worst.

Bear in mind when reviewing the ratings that almost all of the 5s were given by employees or administration. I am sure a few more self sufficient residents have had a good experience but if your loved one needs more care, I would advise you to

Very friendly staff. Like how AL and MC residents interact and have activities together. Everything on 1 level so less confusing to clients. But a 2 year wait until Elderly Waver Eligibility if needed.

be aware of the corporate greed

My parent actually lived here for a few years but once Brookdale took over, it was very clear I needed to move my parent. They are about the money. It is too large a place to give any real personal care. They are all about the money so please be aware of any Brookdale properties.

Impressed by the fact that they were having a children's concert when I toured and there were quite a few residents involved. The room was nice and facilities OK. All seemed clean and the staff appeared friendly. Liked the room pricing but was blown away with the prices for additional care.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and it was fine. The staff was nice and they answered all of my questions. It seemed to be nice and clean. The room they had available was on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Mom would've gotten overwhelmed. It was just to far to the dining area. They have a nursing staff on duty also. It just wasn't a good fit.

We toured this community the staff was friendly and answered all of our questions. It was an attractive community. They wanted to put him in the memory care and not the assisted living. So we marked that one off quickly.

They provide superior care

I am extremely satisfied and grateful for Brookdale Minnetonka. The food is very good and has lots of variety. The facility is kept very clean and housekeeping comes by twice a week. They have a lot of activities like mental activities, physical activities, they have outdoor time and will have lunch outdoors, they have current events, and sometimes people will bring in animals or do music for the residents. The superior care, knowledge and friendliness of the staff and facility are only a few of the reasons I would rate this a top notch facility and would certainly recommend to anyone in need of Memory Care!

Brookdale is an excellent Senior community. [Removed] provided all the information we would need and a great tour. My Dad's wife must have a kitchen, so it may not be possible at this time, but so glad we took the time to tour.

Food is lousy

I chose this community because it's close to my house and I would be able to visit my wife frequently. The staff is wonderful and they treat my wife nicely. Everyone here is friendly, cheerful, and welcoming. The facility itself is very nice and clean. I cannot get over how accommodating they are to my wife's needs. The reason why I gave it 3 stars is because the food is absolutely lousy. What they need to do is fire the chef and get someone who knows how to cook. The food is what you expect to be served at a [Removed].

Staff goes above and beyond expectations

We chose Brookdale for our dad because it felt right coming through the door. Welcoming, friendly, clean, bright, lively with residents out and about. Staff seems to be engaged with the residents most of time. Residents were happy and seemed to love where they live. Trust me I asked them. We popped in several times before making our decision to see all happenings of day and night. We feel they have gone above and beyond to make our dad feel like he is home.

Helpful Staff!!

I have recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. It was just not the right location for us in the end decision but I was pleased with the experience.

Wonderful tour great staff

Our tour of this community was wonderful, the staff were great they showed us all around, answered all our questions and it would have been a great fit for my parents except that my mom would need a mobile lift as she is immobile and they do not have one here so we would have to purchase one on our own for her to be able to live there

I found the community to be clean, well staffed, and welcoming. I put my stepmother's name on the waiting list and am hoping an apartment will become available soon.

A negative experience

This community was not what we expected. The nurses seem to care, however the aides do not seem to be trained correctly. It is sometimes very difficult to find/get help when needed, even if you use the pendant. I feel that the marketing team tells you what they think you want to hear and then once you decide to move your loved one in, things change as the charges are inflated, including charging for services they are not providing. This community seems to care more about money than about the residents.

Recommending Respite at Brookdale Minnetonka

My mother stayed at Brookdale Minnetonka for three weeks respite after a hospital stay. We wanted her stay to be where nursing staff was available 24/7, and Brookdale Minnetonka was the best fit for this. The staff are wonderful, warm, kind, compassionate and welcoming. They listened, took the time to get to know my mother and understand her needs. My mother also very much enjoyed getting to know a number of residents, which made the transition she needed to make into senior living so much smoother. The food was good, the property is well-kept and the room in which my mother stayed was nicely furnished and quite comfortable. The meals were an important part of the socializing for my mother, as she was not able to participate in as many activities due to lots of appointments and needing to pace her activity levels. Overall, I would highly recommend Brookdale Minnetonka for respite.

Not enough staff!

I had to move my loved one out of Brookdale because they could not accommodate him. It is such a large facility, they just do not have enough staff for a number of residents, it was not a good for him.

She's adjusting well...

When my friend first moved in, she was having trouble adjusting but now she is doing much better. The community is kept clean and organized. I have only been there a few times but the staff seems very friendly as well.

Nice community but out of our price range.

We toured this community when looking for my mother. The staff provided a lot of good information and were pleasant to work with. The reason we did not chose this community is because it was significantly more expensive than our budget and the other communities we looked at.

I had to change tour date& time to: Mar 9 at 9:00am
[Removed] energy level & love for her job is sooo amazing to experience! It was wonderful to see a lot of residents out and about -- all incredibly friendly and welcoming! This would be a great central location for my dad -- friends in Plymouth & family/friends in Edina/Hopkins. Pet friendly (huge) ... smells fresh & new (updates look spectacular) ... met Chef [Removed] and he immediately asked me what my dad would like to eat and mentioned he was open to any ideas he might have for meals (love the flexibility). Activity calendar is filled with a variety of things which makes me happy (oh, and my dad too hehe, looks fun ... I would like to move in too!!!) Natural light coming thru everywhere which is always uplifting. Definitely the complete package and with the special they are offering -- tough to beat!

Renovating!

I'm sure the place will look great when it's done, but when we toured they were in the process of renovating. This made it difficult to tour and it was not the best impression walking in the front door for the first time.

The representative was very nice and did a good job presenting the community. Staff was very friendly. The facility is undergoing a major remodel so it was difficult to picture what it will be like after completion.

It was a nice place and worked well for our respite stay. the staff were all helpful and nice. The food could be improved. Pretty dry and not very tasty. Believe the medication room should not be left open and unattended.

As it should be...

We were looking for a long term care facility and Brookdale Carlson Parkway was one of several places recommended by A Place For Mom based on her needs and our preferences. We toured several facilities and found this one to be the most genuine. The residents were engaged in activities and seemed to be enjoying themselves. Nothing felt forced.
Mom's needs changed before she moved in and we had no problem getting her re-evaluated and moved into the memory care unit. She has since been placed on hospice and even though the hospice care givers are fabulous, the staff comes in often to check on her and is great about asking family about any concerns or thoughts they have.
The staff treats her as if she were their mom😊

Still A Work In Progress For Us Here

It is still a work progress for my husband here at this community. He has had a few falls, and now is in the hospital. I do feel that this community is under staffed at times. He has gotten lose a couple of times. The staff is good, and they have been very responsive with their help. They are also friendly and helpful. We are still working on some things. So far I'am still assessing the situation.

This is a beautiful place and are considering applying. We will be looking at other places too with a decision made next week.

The first impression was good!!

We looked at Brookdale Minnetonka for my mom as it was close to us and it seemed like a nice place. It is a long term nursing home and we felt she was not quite ready for this move. They do also offer memory care at this community. The staff was informative and nice. It kind of reminded me of an old time nursing home.

A great place to live.

This is a very nice place. Very clean. All staff are very
friendly. What is more important is that the residents
seem happy and content. I have had Lunch there at
least 10 times and the food is excellent!! They offer
4 entrees at lunch, and if you still (unlikely) don't
want anything on the menu they will make you a
hamburger or sandwich! There are many daily
activities to choose from. A daily listing of activities
is given to each resident. The staff must have
remarkable memories as they address each resident
by name! It is not the most inexpensive place to
live, so if that is an issue check out several. It will take
time for my mother to adjust, but I have hopes that
she will. I always say hi to anyone we pass by, and even
my mom is starting to do that now. The dining room
is a perfect place to meet people, tables are for four,
and they are set beautifully. I like that they take care
of the medication administratiion, ordering , everything
to do with that. They clean the apartments each week and do the laundry.

Their Assisted Living activities are wonderful, but their 'secured' area in Clare Bridge is ABYSMAL: The staff do not offer their residents ANY choice of food for their meals, they do NOT clean residents rooms very well, they have destroyed two of my husband's shirts in the laundry (valued at $180.00), the weekend Activities Director [removed] completely FORGOT about serving my husband his 'snack'... Also, recently when I asked staff for another meal for my husband as he does NOT like Mexican food, NO ONE brought him a different meal and my husband was forced to eat a cold enchilada as he was soo hungry! Worse still, the [removed] Nursing staff sent my husband home for the weekend once with only HALF of his medications; when I called his Primary Care Doctor, he said that they should bring me his medications immediately, which they did. :-( Finally, my husband's watch was [removed], but they claim he lost it! Easy to blame someone who cannot defend himself.

There is one bright spot though: Her name is 'Drea' (sp??) and she is a SUPER person, but she has zero backup as, when she is off, the other staff spend more time playing "Family Feud" AMONG THEMSELVES than actually with the residents!!! :-(

My advice, check out the living conditions at Clare Bridge BEFORE you place your loved one at Freedom Pointe as, sadly, one day they will end up at Clare Bridge and I wouldn't place my pet in their care, let alone a person you care about!!!!! :-(.

Also, I recommend that you visit the facility on your own, without letting the staff know why you are there, so you can observe unpressured and unbiased by staff.

convenient to freeway exit

We toured this facility, and a relative had stayed there for respite. We like the food, and the rooms are quite nice. However the housekeeping needs improvement, and it is very large. We would prefer a smaller population, as well as something not right next to major freeway & busy roads. It is really convenient however. The views on some side are really beautiful, but the room size we wanted, overlooked the Carlson Tower and roads. It is quite costly, and for that kind of money we prefer something a little tucked away from the roads (and cleaner).

I've been impressed and very happy with it.

I've been impressed and very happy with it. I have been away for a little while and, they have been good about keeping me informed, about what's going on, and how appointments go. I don't have any complaints, at this point.

I really like the people and set up

I really like it there, the people, the set up and rooms. It is very clean, they are always cleaning. My mom says the food is tasty but tough. There are lots of activities, and she is getting the feel of the place. They have a doctor that comes in once or twice a month and a lady that comes in a couple times a week to cut hair and give perms.

incredibly helpful

They were incredibly helpful in making the transition to assisted living. Mom had a stroke before getting set up there and they were extremely good working with her despite the trouble that she had at times communicating. They made my dad feel very comfortable moving in there, which means a lot because I know many seniors can be resistant to the idea, but they go out of their way to make it a smooth transition. I would highly recommend Freedom Pointe Minnetonka.

solid gold! better than words can express!

The people who work there at Freedom Pointe Minnetonka are solid gold! We have had some problems with my mom being belligerent and mean, and they just step up and hug and love her anyway.

I can't say enough about Donna (the executive director) as well as Sarah George (the nurse who cares for mom). The chef also is just wonderful!

I am not exaggerating to say that I struggle to even come up with the words to say how awesome these people are. We are so very fortunate and thankful to have found them!

Staff were friendly and meant well. However they were under staffed for our needs. Response was sometimes slow.

Review of Freedom Pointe Minnetonka Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Minnetonka, MN

We had several tours and both times were treated like valued guests. Everyone was open, friendly, and welcoming. Michelle Larson was a wonderful, informative 'tour guide' and she made Mom feel right at home. After leaving, Mom wanted to know how soon she could move it! We are sure that Mom will fit right in and enjoy her knew home.

Good choice

Worked with this facility as POA for mother and mother-in-law. Good meals, conscientious service, friendly and caring staff, and competitively priced for base package. Extras like medication administration is pricey, and it seems it is all or nothing, no simple service to just verify mom took her meds every morning or evening.

She liked it here, and made some really close friends.

She liked it here, and made some really close friends. The woman who was in charge of nursing is really good, if a little overworked. She really liked the meals here, but she said they served too much chicken. We moved out of the area, but she liked it here.

Talk to nursing staff and ask about turnovers and why.

I have had to shovel the entry way several times last winter so my mother would not slip entering the car for Dr. appointments.
The weeds in the front circle are less this this year but hate the buck thorn and dead bushes in the assisted living patio area.
Housekeeping is poor, missing dishes or chip cups, daily bed making may happen by noon, or after you tell someone.
Turning the light on is a can be 6-11 minute wait till someone comes in and then they turn off the light and leave and you hope they come back for your request.
Nurses are great and over worked. One nurse at night is not enough at night to care for the whole building (assisted and memory care). Been some real issues with the ever-changing med-passing staff.
Yes we may move soon.

So far things are going well.

So far things are going well. They keep it clean, and I picked it because of the friendliness of the staff. I feel like they are a pretty good value. They have good activities and they respond well to concerns or requests.

good living

the facility and the staff is great

I couldn't be happier! Freedom Pointe was far and away the best place of all the ones I visited. They had happy people, good vibes all around and I highly reccommend the place. She has a very nice room. This is a very cheery environment. I can't say enough. This is a place worth driving for and should be at the top of the list for anyone near here.

Very comfortable feeling pl...

Very comfortable feeling place with lots of services. Staff very welcoming. Would recommend to anyone looking for a place for their parent.

We are Happy!

She likes it! I don't see them cleaning but it doesn't seem to get dirty. We are very happy with it right now. One thing I really like about them is that it is very well lit, doesn't have an apartment feel with long, dimly lit hallways. There's a ledge for with places to stop and sit down all through the hallways. Bright wall paper that makes it seem like you are not in a hallway. An area to improve on would be more activities because there are days when there is nothing that appeals to my mom. That may be that people don't want to do stuff. Over all I like it and she likes it so we are happy!

I have a friend who is CNA ...

I have a friend who is CNA who went to work there a month ago. It was so short staffed that she often had 30-35 residents hereself in a 'high-care' situation. The residents needs were not met because of this and she didn't know how they could sucessfully manage meds, etc. She quit after two weeks.

Wonderful!

We have nothing but praise for how everything was handled. It was costly, $5000 some a month, and people might consider that out of price range but we got what we paid for. I think the deal was after you lived there for 2 years and you don't have any more money someone else takes over, they don't just kick you out. The provided some good activities for the residents. Everytime we went to visit they were doing fun thing with them. It was a pleasant environment, clean, friendly, and wonderful!

Part of the national Brookd...

Part of the national Brookdale system. Did not have the extended stay, care suite or on premise doctor, therapy and pharmacy services. Also eliminated

Good services and can accommodate 2 p...

Good services and can accommodate 2 person/mechanical lift. Straight forward pricing (once it's set) and very open to discussing financing options. Resources for additional care (don't usually work w/Park Nicolette nursing) and legal/financial advice. Mentioned that catheter would be changed and cared for more often. No strange smells, but seems dingy for such a new location - even in remodeled areas. Have to purchase or rent a mechanical lift. Apt. very small even w/two bathrooms. Seems designed to keep residents out of their apt. and socializing with others.

Very impressed with the Clare Bridge ...

Very impressed with the Clare Bridge program and FP's location most ideal for visiting.

This place was Assisted Living and an...

This place was Assisted Living and and Memory care and would cost over $10,000. They did have a fitness Center that he could go to and the Assisted Living place did activities in the Memory Care unit "clubhouse". There were 38 residents in the memory care and lots of levels of cognition. Nice courtyards and raised flower beds.

Clean and welcoming. Rooms well ma...

Clean and welcoming. Rooms well maintained. Dr and labs come into facility Variety of activities Very few residents seen - other than memory care. Found hallways confusing to navigate. 3 levels vs 1. Few nurses/staff seen. Those who were seen did not take initiative to say hi. Few made eye contact. Director did not stop to say hi and be introduced. Buzzed past with barely acknowledgement of visitor. Menu not as healthy as I would like. Estimate was not given, although numbers were reviewed. It's ala carte so I was left to figure out what I thought would be the estimate.

Very nice facility, good location.

Very nice facility, good location.

Most impressive of all the paces we h...

Most impressive of all the paces we have seen to date that has the elderly waiver. Open, airy, cheerful with adequate sized living areas.

Brookdale Minnetonka Carlson Pkwy provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

At Freedom Pointe we promise Respect for Individual Preferences and offer personalized care needs in an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. Brookdale Minnetonka Carlson Pkwy provides a comfortable lifestyle, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Our residents enjoy life with any support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Our community is dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services to those who value their freedom and independence.