Brookdale Leawood - Leawood, KS

Brookdale Leawood - Leawood, KS has yet not published prices.

I was very impressed with this facility. There are many needs that are included in the monthly rent, the rooms and commons are beautiful. Little needs to be paid extra. The only draw back is the cost, but if I can find a way this is where I would choose to be.

I received a warm welcome at the door from [Removed] marketing associate.This is by far the best place for the $$$ I visited. Including the many amenities of truly independent living as the others( meals, light housekeeping, transportation, parking, alert button assistance, beauty shop, maintenance assistance hanging pictures) there is more: 24hr front desk coverage ,more than one set washer/dryer on each floor laundry room as well as washer/dryer in apt., all utilities paid except internet & phone( so basic cable is paid)wonderful menu to include lite & heart healthy fare, an indoor pool, workout facility with staff available, application does not include "hard credit check", managed care for post hospitalization if needed, local skilled care facility connections in Brookdale family of senior living and medicare wellness programs on site. The location is superb being surrounded by mult hospitals within 2-3 mi radius, any type of outpatient medical care/dr offices, near TownCenter Square & Hawthorne Plaza ,not far from Brookside,or Oak Park Mall, and Tomahawk Park walking trails. There is a one time non refundable $3000 fee paid up front which is reserved for the individual if additional skilled nursing is necessary and used within the Brookdale system.There is a $1000 wait list fee. And a $2000 fee for downsizing apartments ( this is negotiable).There is no additional storage although the walk in closets are large enough to handle most storage needs.

Very happy here

With my love one being here, it looks like everything is going good. His transition from living from a house alone to a place with more people went well. What really sold us on this location was our initial contact, [Removed], who intake was in sales I believe, but I talked with her for a long length of time over the phone before we went on our first tour. So she knew about our concerns before going in. She had a genuine interest in what we need for my love one if he were to be here. I saw that around the facility there are many open common areas at different locations at the property. We also liked the layout of his apartment; it helped out my love one a lot. As for meals, he likes it and he gets his two meals a day. If he wants he could pick up a third meal for a very reasonable prize. My love one is introverted, but he can be very social when he wants to be. He also has familiar faces that he sits with during his meals. All together we are very happy with this facility.

A bit rambled

I felt myself rambling which walking around this property. I could not seem to find the rooms and I found that the layout was rather weird. There were no straight walls and it was very rickety. However, it looked like the people living there were very active which my mother and I liked. We find that being in an environment with residents that can be social and participate in activities would be a great place to be a part of. The apartment were very nice as well, unfortunately not the exact perfect fit for what we were looking for.

Nice Experience

This is a lovely community, and my tour of it was a nice one. Everything went well, and everyone was friendly. From what I saw the community is well-kept. The staff I met was kind, and helpful. My questions were answered, and it was a nice experience.

Beautiful dining room. Had a strong odor on the floor that I viewed the apartment. Another apt was a very long & confusing walk. Did not view activity room, hair salon or outside areas where you could walk a dog.

A nice setting

The staff are very good and encouraging. The food is good and they do offer healthy choices. They keep the community taken care of on the inside and the outside. They offer daily activities. I would recommend this community.

Brookdale, Leawood- A great place to live

Brookdale Leawood has a wide variety of activities for all interests. The apartments are beautiful and spacious. The dining room is bright and beautiful. Everyone that works there is friendly and caring. We looked at many places for our mom, and found Brookdale, Leawood to be the best. Mom is very happy living there. The only improvement that I could suggest is that they need to hire more wait staff, to work in the dining room. This has been a constant issue, that needs to be improved upon. The wait staff needs more help in the dining room. Overall, our family is very impressed with Brookdale, Leawood.

Super Nice Community

This is a super nice community, and my tour of it went well. The community looked nice, and well kept from what we were shown. The staff we met was polite, and kind. Our questions were answered. The experience was a nice one overall. We did find a community that suited our needs better, but everyone was very kind to us at this community.

Mom Doing Pretty Good

So far I'am pleased with my mother move to this community. She is adjusting to her move here, but I know she is in good hands. The staff is kind, and they have been friendly when I visit. The meals are overall well balanced. They do have activities offered for the residents. I know she is safe, and this is nice community. I would recommend it.

They Need More Staff

This community is really good at keeping the place clean and smelling good. My mom is doing fine with their help. Even though activities are available she prefers to stay in her apartment. Everything is set up and good for her. As for her meals, it tastes fine but she has to wait a long time to be seated. This is because the community does not have enough staff. Overall, I would recommend them to my family and friends.

The Experience From The Tour

This community was a big place and nice looking. It was clean when touring around. I was able to sample the meals, it was good. I was given enough information about the community and the tour guide kept focus on us. This was in an area that my mom was not familiar with.

Brookdale Leawood is great!

Everything is going great at Brookdale Leawood! The food is great and my mother loves it. They have a number of activities for the residents to participate in and enjoy. The staff have been pleasant and easy to work with. Housekeeping needs some work as they use a light hand when cleaning and lack attention to detail.

Brookdale is my second choice!!!!

Brookdale seems like an upscale community. The staff are nice and they keep the community clean. I may be moving here when I am no longer able to drive. They offer transportation to places over 15 miles away.

Moving In Soon

We will be moving into our new home very soon. Since then we have eaten here plenty of times and we enjoy how the food taste. The staff are friendly and welcoming. It is always clean around the community and they keep it tidy. There are tons of activities to do while living here. I have already recommend people to this community.

Confident In The Care She Is Getting

My mother is doing well at this community. I'am very pleased with everything they have done for us. The community looks great, they do a very good job of keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is nice, but there are time when they do not follow through with what they promised. She is trying a few new activities, but there are many for her to choose from. The food is great, the meals are wonderful. I'am very confident with the type of care she is getting. I would recommend it.

Very nice place

I'm very pleased with how things have turned out at Brookdale Leawood! It's a very nice place, and all of the other people who live here seem glad to be here as well. I would recommend them!

It was just great! It was just perfect for what we needed.

It was just great! It was just perfect for what we needed. There were no complaints with maintenance or staff, or anything. The billing went smoothly, and everything was good. I would give them a five.

The place is unbelievable!

The place is unbelievable. I feel like I live in a 5 star hotel. I'm used to living in apartments where the trash can is across the street and where it is located here it is down the hallway. I have told all my friends and family this is my next to last resting place. I am not moving. They also feed us here.

We have been very satisfied with Brookdale.

We have been very satisfied with Brookdale. I can't think of any complaints so far. They have done a good job.

love them, love them, love them

So far I love them, love them, love them! I have no complaints about Brookdale Leawood. Everything is going well so far. It has been a good experience.

excellent experience

Brookdale Leawood has been great. They are in the process of a major renovation. The staff were very welcoming to us. They have been really accommodating as far as setting her up in her apartment. The staff have repsonded immediately to any question or concerns I have had. It has been an excellent experience. My mom is just thrilled.

Washer and dryer in units, my parents seem to enjoy it here

My parents seem to enjoy the Brookdale Leawood, they have been doing some remodeling, so that's the only reason for a low rating on cleanliness but other than that the facility is pretty clean. And my mom definitely loves that it has a washer and dryer in the unit which was a plus. Overall satisfied.

An excellent choice for our Mom!

Although my mother is relatively young (68), she recently decided to call Brookdale Leawood her new home. She moved in the beginning of May 2015 and so far it's been a very positive experience. Everyone there is exceptionally friendly and they've bent over backwards to make her feel welcome. She is just now starting to find time to enjoy some of the many activities that are offered. My family and I are excited to see her living an active lifestyle again and socializing with new people. My mom raves about the food and often makes comments on how she feels like she's living in a 5-star hotel.
I can only hope that her experience living at Brookdale Leawood continues to be such a wonderful one!

Communication Could Use Improvement

Communication could be improved regarding residents knowing about the activities or things to do. This is a great place otherwise and my dad is very happy with the facility.

This is a lovely facility, clean, active and well cared for. The apartments are roomy and very well appointed. Jon Xenos is very informed, relaxed and extremely easy to work with. This would be a great place to live.

really great job

They have done a really great job getting mom situated into the place. They are giving her time and space as she gets adjusted, yet they really do encourage her to get involved. The services (therapy for example) they offer are great.

So far she seems pretty happy.

She seems to be very pleased. The only complaint about the food is that it isn't always hot when she gets it. They have two or three buildings that all come together in one dining room, so maybe they could work on that. There are activities that she joins in on. So far she seems pretty happy.

Its a little early to write a full review as Mom has only been there a short time. However there are plenty of activities, large menu selection, friendly staff & neighbors. My husband & I are ready to go.

Very nice independent living community!

Our loved one was only here briefly, but from what little we saw of it it seemed like a very nice community! It was a beautiful facility, well maintained, and the staff all seemed very friendly. The issue is that this community is completely independent, and should probably not have accepted him in the first place, as he pretty clearly needed at least some form of daily assistance. The bright side is that although he did not end up being appropriate for the community they had a nearby sister assisted living community and were very helpful and accommodating him get moved there!

Very pleased with everything!

I'd give them top marks across the board for everything! They've really gone above and beyond to make our loved ones cross country move as easy as possible. They're very easy to work with, the staff have all been incredibly friendly, and they had the best prices out of the other similar options we looked at in the area. They are definitely worth a look!

Beautiful dining room, lots...

Beautiful dining room, lots of activities on-site and off. In area dad is familiar with, close to his doctor. POOL/HOT TUB! On KS side, save MO & KC tax $.

Beautiful facility, Dining ...

Beautiful facility, Dining room has garden views with waterfall. Apartments have full kitchens, large closets, good natural light and views of garden patio areas. Well equipped exercise area and pool with hot tub. Physical therapy facility on site. WII bowling and good variety of activities. House keeping every 2 weeks, would prefer weekly. Food: salmon was overcooked but the rest of the meal was excellent. Only one meal served on Sunday, brunch. Invited us to theater outing at Kauffman Center, complimentry

Visited 7/27; A list

Visited 7/27; A list

By far the nicest living space - very...

By far the nicest living space - very large kitchen, even the studio was design so that there is separate space for bedroom area. Big card-playing room. Lots of residents (180), lots of activities/events, convenience store, bank, and large dinning area. Not super pet-friendly, but allows dogs. Biggest concern is the size - lots of walking area.

This is a possibility. Mom liked it a...

This is a possibility. Mom liked it and is thinking about it.

Brookdale Leawood is a well-respected senior living community in Leawood, Kansas. As soon as you walk through our door, meet our wonderful staff, and see our beautiful community — you will understand why seniors love living at Brookdale Leawood.

Our community replaces the drudgery of living alone with friends, fun, and carefree senior living. Instead of a lonely microwave dinner you can have a four-course gourmet meal with friends. Instead of watching game shows on TV all day, you can take a painting class, enjoy a game of pool, or take a dip in our indoor pool or hot tub.

Our apartments range in size from smaller studios to spacious two-bedroom apartments. All of our apartments include:

•Private baths
•Individual climate controls
•Ample closet space
•Full-size kitchens
•Large picture windows
•Some units have washers and dryers

Our activities director loves to have fun and gather input from residents on planning the next adventure. Activities include:

•Weekly Sunday brunch