The Chateau at Gardnerville - Gardnerville, NV

The Chateau at Gardnerville - Gardnerville, NV has yet not published prices.

No complaints

The staff team here has been great and I have no complaints. During the process of them reassessing my love one they have been very communicative and supportive. They do provide activities for residents to participate in to stimulate and engage themselves. My love on has home care people coming doing her physically therapy from a different company. As far as Brookdale goes, hey certainly offer all of that. They really are a great facility and I’m very impressed. Even if little issues come up they call us right away and they let us know what’s going on. I absolutely recommend this location.

Facility looks nice but small memory care unit

I decided to tour this facility because they have a memory care unit which is what my Wife needs. Upon arriving, I notice that the unit is much smaller than other facilities and they don’t really have room for my wife to walk around. They do offer a lot of activities and all of the staff members are very nice. If I brought my wife here, I would be able to walk her around the facility as long as she was with me. While I’m not there she would, unfortunately, have to be locked in the memory care unit. The facility itself looks very good and it would have been a good choice, but it just wasn’t big enough. I would recommend other families to look at this facility.

Not worth the time

I will no longer be referring this community to future clients of mine. They requested a deposit from my last client and put him on a waiting list. They’ve consistently promised him a spot within the residence but then will not communicate with him any updates. His illness is getting worse so he has since relocated closer to his family and is still waiting to receive his deposit. As a caregiver, you want to give to provide absolutely outstanding service, and they have not done this.

Terrible staff!!

I would never recommend this place to anyone after the tour I had experienced for my mother. The staff where very rude to me and unprofessional and I was not pleased by that. The overall atmosphere was depressing and there was not one good thing I can say about this place to anyone. i would never put my mother in a facility like this one.

Excellent, working on 2 week respect program with them

Kind Community, Tour Was Nice

I had a nice tour of this community. Everyone was kind, and my tour was a good one. The community looked nice, and everything looked nice, and well-kept. The staff I met was friendly, and informative. It was a good experience overall.

Poor place for the high $

My relative lived here for a couple of years until passing away. The care staff and dining staff are very friendly, but I could never remember anyone's name (thank goodness for the nametags!) because they come and go so fast! The website says they are so close to Lake Tahoe, a favorite place of the residents, yet they never went on an outing during the 2+ years my relative was there! The food was terrible, it tasted like cafeteria food. When we toured the place, I was very impressed, but after moving in it was such a huge disappointment. Management just did not seem to care; it seemed that every time I tried to find the Director she was unavailable.

Observations by a Daughter

I have been at the community at least four times a week and a staff member has usually stopped by my mom's apartment for one reason or another. All have been very caring, helpful and friendly. I've eaten in the dining room and although the menu is varied some of the items could use a little imagination to make them tastier....such as the Brussels sprouts. I know frozen foods are less expensive than fresh and some of them can also be handled better than heating in a microwave such as the crab cake. I might be off base but wanted to give constructive input. It is interesting the serving size for guests is about child size.
It seems at times of the evening meal the servers are taking 15-20 minutes to take orders. It looks as if the dining room is under-staffed for this meal. The dining room staff are patient and helpful. They know each resident by name when they come in for each meal. When visiting Brookdale, Administrative personnel to housekeepers acknowledge you with a "hello". The atmosphere is very happy and friendly.

the people there are awesome

Emeritus is a really beautiful place with excellent people. My experience was not great, but that was due really more to my moms situation than it was Emeritus. I think everybody there is awesome. The place is set up beautifully. Unfortunately for mom it was a little late as she started going downhill fast and died within a couple days of getting into Emeritus.

My only complaint about Emeritus themselves is that we ended up paying a ton of money for my mother to be there overnight. The way that their billing works, etc., was a little concerning.

They have done a great job.

They have done a great job. They keep it very clean, and the staff is very friendly. The staff has been very responsive, and attentive. They offered more than just bingo. There isn't really anything that was a concern or that I would like to see done better.

No Complaints!

I looked at about 6 different places and this seemed to be the best for us. We're happy so far. They are very nice and it was hard time for us but they were very nice. My mom is still adjusting. She's doing fine. She's still a little defiant because she's from the bay area and when I moved up here this was the closest place for me to keep an eye on her so she's still getting used to it but I've got no complaints.

very nice accommodation for assistant...

very nice accommodation for assistant living that has special programs for Alzheimer and dementia patients and provides all amenities at a fraction of the cost of long-term care nursing homes.