Brookdale Fremont - Fremont, CA

Brookdale Fremont - Fremont, CA has yet not published prices.

wifi in common areas
open seating in dining room

My wife is making Progress

This is a very nice community, everyone from the staff to the residents is very open and friendly. My wife likes her room and I like seeing the progress she has made being here. She likes taking part in the activities. I even joined her in the dining room one evening where we enjoyed visiting with the other residents during dinner and the food was very good. there is a nice courtyard out back and a small swimming pool as well.

So far so good

As an avid gardener, finding a comfortable community was important for my dad. We were looking for a community with an inviting outdoor feeling and location. Brookdale Fremont caught our attention with its views of the hills, mature trees in the neighborhood, and the raised garden beds that were available to residents.

On my first visit, I was aware of the positive feeling around the facility and the smiles and warm greeting that was offered by both the staff and residents as I toured the community. (The experience was repeated when I returned with my dad.) I was also pleased with the size and layout of the one bedroom apartments; almost all have a bay window in the bedroom.

I like Brookdale because it offers independent and assisted living services in the same community, either in a limited capacity while living basically independently, or on a more involved service level when needed.

The menu appears to offer a reasonable variety of entrees, with a nice salad bar and some fresh fruit available. The dining room offers 12 hour service (7am-7pm), with a limited menu available between scheduled meal times.

As mentioned in other reviews, the dining room is experiencing some slow service issues, but they appear to be working to find quality servers who meet their expectations.

While making a move like this can be challenging for a senior, the Brookdale staff appears to be interested in doing what they can to give the community a welcoming feel and helping the residents adjust to their new home.

Just right for me

My stay at Brookdale Fremont was a short respite stay of only 2 weeks following hip replacement surgery. I live alone, so needed a place with food service and available care services to recuperate. The "star" rating system of this review did not give me the option to write "not applicable" to the categories of "Care Services" or "Activities", neither of which I used, so cannot comment on. Residents I conversed with seemed to like the activities.
The food was to my liking, and I never left the table hungry. The dining room service needed some minor tweaking to better handle the most crowded times, which management seems to be actively addressing.
I had conversations with many long-term residents during my short stay, and didn't encounter any serious negativity about the facility. People seemed proud of how long they'd lived there.
The location was central to a number of medical facilities and other outside businesses. I only used the transportation service twice, but it was personal and reliable, going beyond what I expected.
Financially, the charges for my stay were reasonable, and I plan on staying there again for future planned surgeries.
The staff was very friendly and always helpful.
A great place to consider for one's personal needs.

Good choice

We are pleased with Brookdale. The food is a 5 but the service is a 3, they seem to be short staffed. It's located in a serene location.

Festive and positive!

My mother is doing great here, she is making new friends and loves the food as well as the activities. She is very involved. I highly recommend this community because even when there was a bump in the road, in the beginning, they did what they could to make things right. It has been a very good experience.

I have not yet moved into this community. I do like the staff and the cleanliness of the community. I am not sure when I would move in, but i would recommend the community.

Watch the fine print

They are very nice then once you sign they treat you like a child there noise I'm not really happy with them

Dinning Experience is Excellent!

The dinning experience including the meals and lead chef have all been excellent. My loved is really enjoying the activities they have been providing for her and has become involved with a variety of them throughout the week. All of the staff is always willing to lend a helping hand and make sure my mom is taken care of.

We made up our mind!

This community really stood out to my loved one. Before we even left the tour my loved one wanted to be here. The staff is very loving and Linda and Cynthia has been great through the whole process. The only thing that i can say that I think needs improvement would be the communication between me and the staff. I do like that they have exercise classes and singing which my loved one enjoys.

My mother is moving in.

My mother will be moving into Brookdale this month and we really like it there. The facility is beautiful and her apartment has new paint and carpet. The staff and residents all seem friendly and I think she will be making a lot of new friends there which will be so good for her.

We are happy with our choice.

After looking at several options with my mother, she has chosen Brookdale Fremont. It has the larger apartment, activities and value that seemed the best to her. She was impressed with the staff and is feeling positive about her upcoming move.

Brookdale Fremont

Pros: great location, close to shopping and medical.
Employees are very helpful and friendly.
Rooms are large.
Good variety of food.
Common areas are clean and attractive.

Cons: not enough laundry machines
Door jams are hard to push walkers over.
Showers all have 3-4 inch lips.

Brookdale Fremont is the perfect place for them!!!

The staff we toured with at Brookdale were very supportive and helped us with the transition. While my parents have not needed any additional assistance the nursing staff is very friendly. They also have the opportunity to take advantage of the cleaning offered by the staff such as having their bed made and their residence cleaned. I had the opportunity to share a meal with my parents and the community does offer a wide range of options and the food was good. Mom is involved in some of the activities, such as yoga, and we are hoping she will be more involved once she settles in a little more. If asked I would recommend this community. I also appreciated the assistance we received from A Place for Mom during this process.

Review of Brookdale Fremont - Fremont, CA

Loved it! Has a classy feel the community of people look engaged and educated facility is quite nice. Was given an excellent if fast tour. Have placed a deposit to hold an apartment until Mom can see it

It's getting better

It's definitely going to take some time for Mom to adjust but she's getting there. Since she's moved in she's made some friends and participating in the activities which I've encouraged her to do. The staff have been friendly but there are a few that could use an attitude adjustment. Since Mom moved in there have been a few minor things that have concerned me but I can't say that I wouldn't recommend.

Five Stars

The service, as far as the administrative staff goes, has all been very, very helpful and everyone is kind and bubbly. The only thing I can complain about is that there needs to be some dining room issues addressed. Other than that though, everyone seems to be kind and receptive.

It's very nice. Everything has been handled very well.

It's very nice. We haven't had any complaints or concerns at all so far. Everything has been handled very well. They were actually less expensive than others we looked at.

Brookdale can improve

Overall, it is a warm and friendly place. It is kept clean. The services are good, to what my level of need is, which is independent.
However, the food needs a lot of improvement. In fact, I had a conversation with the administrator and the food manager today over that issue. It isn't so much that the food is bland, but the quality needs improvement, particularly the salad bar.
The service at the dining room also needs improvements.
Another area are the bus service that it is offered. It should be available 7 days a week at no extra charge.

Great community for seniors

I love living in this closely knitted community

The staff is very helpful and very friendly.

The staff is very helpful and very friendly. They are very understanding of my mother's needs. I would recommend the Brookdale Fremont. It has been a pretty good experience. Everyone is really nice. The friendliness is excellent. This is a really nice community. Everything has been going well. I am pleased with the services. The value is pretty good. I can't rate the care services because it is not applicable.

very accommodating & helpful

The folks at Brookdale Fremont have all been very accommodating, willing to help wherever they can. The food is also very good.

The only thing I do not particularly like is that if you use one of their side-doors to step outside for a moment, you can't go back in but have to walk all the way around to the front. I assume they have it this way for security purposes, but it is an inconvenience.

Other than that one very minor thing, it has really been a very positive experience overall.

Brookdale, formerly Emeritus

Emeritus, now called Brookdale, is a wonderful place where the employees are all excellent, caring, and helpful. The apartments are a great value, and they are putting a lot of work into upgrading the whole place. I would recommend Brookdale with much enthusiasm. We are very grateful for the experiences our family had with them.

Outstanding!

Now called Brookdale, Emeritus is a wonderful place with an entire staff of thoughtful, kind, hard working professionals. I very much hope the tradition of excellence will continue!

I'm very happy with Emeritus.

I'm very happy with Emeritus. So far I don't have any concerns. The food is served from a menu, and you can order a grilled cheese sandwiches any time if you don't like what you are having. Sometimes it's just staying out of things, when you get a lot of women together, and there is nothing better to do besides complain.

Fremont Emeritus

I was overall pleased with this community. The food was good when we first went, but it became progressively worse over the months. The centralized location in Fremont is ideal for medical, groceries, shopping, etc. I would highly recommend this community. My only real complaint is the food.

Sam Pollock

We apologize that part of your experience with us at Fremont isn’t meeting your expectations. We are currently hiring a new Dining Services Director to help revitalize our kitchen, and in the meantime, we invite you to address any concerns you have regarding the food to our Executive Director.

Great Staff!

They have different levels of care - independent versus the assisted side that offers more care. The food is a four. The parking is limited. The staff is great. They’re very clean. We’ve been happy with them so far.

Just too big and too much going on

The thing with the bigger facilities is that there is so much commotion going on, he would be caught up in all of this movement of people coming and going and circulating. I don't know how many patients they have but I couldn't help but be reminded of Grand Central Station.

Right fit for Mom

I toured this for my mom who will be coming out of state to be closer to me and my family. Very nice place. I like their centrally located areas and the wading pool and atrium. Best part was their "anytime" dining, since my mom is a night owl and never liked the strict meal times. She's now on a waitlist to get in!

Very nice place. Activity rooms cent...

Very nice place. Activity rooms centrally located. Wading pool in center of complex. Feels more like separate apartments. PG&E and phone are extra. Refrigerator and double-burner stove top in kitchen area.

Brookdale Fremont is an independent and assisted living community in Fremont, California. Our luxurious and active community is ideally situated in a residential area of the city, giving residents all the comforts of a small town near the amenities of a large city. Residents enjoy our proximity to shopping, dining and medical facilities. Fremont is a thriving city just a short drive from San Francisco, which opens up a world of culture, entertainment and recreation.

At Brookdale Fremont, residents enjoy a continuum of care services, knowing that if their needs change, they may stay in their home. We encourage residents to exercise choice and independence. We celebrate individuality while readily providing assistance when needed. Residents choose from a variety of floor plans and layouts to find a home that best meets their lifestyle.

Our resort-style community boasts an array of services and amenities, including:

Pet-friendly accommodations for pets under 20 pounds
Personal care plans to ensure appropriate level of care is being provided
Scheduled transportation services
Spacious apartment homes with a private bath, walk-in shower and walk-in closet
Daily social events, programs or outings