Brookdale Elk Grove - Elk Grove, CA

Brookdale Elk Grove - Elk Grove, CA has yet not published prices.

Good Match For DAd

We looked at a few other communities before settling on this one. This community is just a good fit for my dad and his personality. The inside is very welcoming and gives a nice homey feel and comfortable feel seems to have lots of windows for natural light. The outside is wonderfully landscaped with a large yard with gazebos and ample sitting areas. The food from what I have been told is good
The staff is friendly and caring helpful when needed.

I was very pleased with this facility. I will be checking out a couple more but have to say this facility was great.

Great Job!

We have been so pleased with Brookdale over the last three weeks. The star has gone out of their way to make us (the family) feel comfortable in caring for my grandmother. I love how the staff members all treat her with dignity and respect.

I like the more intimate and cozy setting of the cottages in a quiet area. It seemed to encourage a more casual atmosphere. Plenty of activities available. I wish the units had kitchenettes. Wondering if my mother would shy away from events held in the community center when the weather is bad. Thank you, [Removed] ,for the tour and all the great information.

Our Respite Stay

My husband had a pleasant stay at this community. He was satisfied with the treatment and care. The people and staff were great at this community. I would recommend a respite at this community.

This is a small cottage style community.

This community is kept clean and is cared for. The staff work well with my dad. The administrative staff is not very responsive. I have not heard any complaints about the food. They offer a variety of activities. I would probably recommend this community.

Mom Is Doing Pretty Good

The care here is the best that it could be. I see the community is clean and kept well-maintained. Most of the staff are pretty good, there is an overnight staff who is really great and I have no worries when she is there. The food is sometimes not too great, it don't taste good and is not properly cooked. I probably would recommend this place to others.

admissions process was seamless

At Brookdale Elk Grove the admissions process was seamless. The move in process was also seamless. The quality of care here is excellent. I would say the social aspect needs improvement and the meals need improvement at this facility. That pretty much sums it all up for me.

very impressed

The overall experience with Brookdale Elk Grove has been very good. We have been very impressed with them. The nursing staff that they have there is extremely caring and competent. It shows that they genuinely do care and they do an excellent job.

A good place

A good place. There is always activities. The Brookdale Elk Grove is considered one of the nicest community in the Elk Grove area. They are even doing some remodeling. My overall rating of this property is 5 stars. Everything has been going very good. It is very clean. There is always someone cleaning and making sure it is spotless. I would highly recommend the Brookdale Elk Grove. It is very nice. 5 stars.

We were very impressed with the staff and facility here. The setting was so much like a neighborhood. It seems like it will be a great place for my Dad.

Very beautiful community

The staff is very helpful and friendly. Lack of communication between shifts. Very beautiful community. They only clean the rooms once a week, more often would be better. I think they should improve the meals.

Helpful staff

My mother is living there and insists on doing things for herself, but when she lets the staff help her, they are doing a good job. I think they are understaffed though and could use a few helpers for their different cottages.
They have a lot of activities, but the residents have to go to the residence center, which can be hard to get to sometimes. When my mother goes to an activity, she seems to enjoy.

really good 1x1 support

I really like the smaller nature of Emeritus at Laguna Creek. This means really good 1x1 support for mom.

I would like them to encourage mom just a little bit more to join in on some of the activities. She enjoys and benefits from being involved, but is a little hesitant to do so on her own.

Review of Emeritus at Laguna Creek Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Elk Grove, CA

Many options to choose from. Bettie was certain she needed a Kitchen and walk-in closet when she saw those choices.

Moms stay at Emeritus

I placed my mom at Emeritus Laguna Creek after a horrific one month stay at the Carlton. It was such a relief to have her in the hands of the experienced caregivers at Emeritus. They were kind, caring and knowledgeable about the needs and behaviors of the Alzheimer's patient. It releived so much stress from me knowing mom was in good hands. Mom eventually passed away at Emeritus with the loving care she always received there.

I think everything has been pretty easy here.

It's working out pretty well. The value is better than the A La Carte style. I think everything has been pretty easy here. We use the memory care, and the director Liza is awesome to have working with the families. The staff has been helpful if I have questions about how's my dad doing they keep track of the residents. I like that they send out a monthly update on what positive things your loved one has done here, they focus on the positive. They have a really great large, peaceful backyard in the memory care, with places to sit, and tall trees and shade.

Excellent excellent excellent!

Our experience with the community was excellent overall! Because of being in a hurry we could only tour the facility once but the facility was in excellent condition; the staff and the care offered was fantastic. First impressions are important and because of the lack of the "weird smell" that most senior we felt comfortable continuing, only to be continuously impressed with other aspects of the facility. Our loved one needed a high level of care and we felt comfortable with the staff due to their friendly, cheerful, and wonderful disposition. Overall the value was well worth the investment, and we were happy to pay less than we would expect.

Emeritus at Laguna Creek

My sister and I spent several days visiting places for Mom. Emeritus was the last place we visited and we both agreed that the memory care cottage is where Mom would fit in best. It is not the most glamorous facility, nor is it the newest, but it is warm and comfortable and the staff is kind and caring. There are 16 ladies in "Elm" cottage with at least three staff members present at all times. The rooms are clean and open and most residents are out and about during the waking hours. Meal time is especially nice as the meals are served on linen tablecloths with matching napkins and nice glassware and dishes. The food is appetizing and colorful with at least two choices available at every meal. Mom has been at Emeritus for 8 days and each day she is dressed, hair combed and clean. Both my sister and I are most pleased and we hope that Mom is also pleased.

Live, love and laugh

Feeling of home , but the food is horrible!

Norma Jean Feighner Norman allen Feighner

Yes, we are very pleased with your services, but unfortunately Mom passed early the morning of December 1st, the day of the move. We will still be moving Dad to Emeritus after the mourning and sorrowful time.

I met with Laura and explai...

I met with Laura and explained my situation. She was most kind and listened but was unable to work within out budget.

Great So Far

They're willing to take questions and there's always activities going on. What we liked about Emeritus from the very beginning is my mother-in-law is from Connecticut and Emeritus has sister communities all over so someone from Emeritus in Connecticut was able to evaluate her there. Right off the airplane we were able to go and settle her in with out having that transition of going from my house to Emeritus and having to explain why she can't live with us. It was just much easier for all of us.

So far we really like them. They're small enough that she doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Their cottages are smaller. It's not one huge big thing so they kind of get individual care in that sense. Anytime we have a question I am comfortable with asking them. They're very open.

She has a bedroom there. There is no kitchenette so she has to get out and socialize. She can't lock herself up in her room.

Nice Coutnry Feel

They have it set up like little cottages. It's not one big huge institutional place. They all have wrap around porches and rocking chairs. It has a very country feel to it which my grandmother liked but she really like the food at another place. She used to be an institutional chef so she's really picky about the food.

Very Nice

It was nice but my mother would have had to share a room and I didn't like that. It was clean and the people were very friendly. The shared room was the only thing I didn't like.

I really like this place. I...

I really like this place. I think Mom would to. They don't have openings for a double room but Laura will let me know when one is available.

Wide open areas

We were looking for a community that had a lot of open space. He was used to the wide open area and we wanted to be able to keep it that way. Emeritus has a lot of open areas he can enjoy and just relax. We are very happy with them so far. They seemed to be the right fit for our situation.

Brookdale Elk Grove is an assisted living and memory care community in Elk Grove, California, Sacramento County. Our community is set on 5.5 stunning acres between Interstate 5 and California Highway 99, south of Sacramento. Brookdale Elk Grove is in a quiet residential community surrounded by several parks and greenbelts just a short walk away. Elk Grove is a thriving city with a rich history dating back to the mid-1800s. Boasting over 93 parks and 18 miles of trails, a historic downtown area, shopping and dining, there is something for everyone to love about Elk Grove.

Brookdale Elk Grove offers both assisted living and memory care with a continuum of care that ensures a home with us, even when their needs change. Our committed and caring staff is dedicated to meeting the needs of residents, while encouraging choice and independence and valuing individuality as well as community engagement.

Highly regarded as the premier assisted living and memory care community in the region, Brookdale Elk Grove offers a variety of services and amenities, including:

Secure and comfortable community that feels like home
Outdoor courtyard with walking paths and raised-bed gardens
On-site beauty salon and barber shop
A choice of studio, private or companion suites