Brookdale Eau Gallie - Melbourne, FL

Brookdale Eau Gallie - Melbourne, FL has yet not published prices.

Large facility but it's kept very clean

Brookdale Eau Gallie is a very nice Assisted Living Facility, and my mom was there for about 4 years. The staff and everybody there is so nice. It’s a big facility with about 80 beds. The director was very professional and all of the people that took care of her were very patient. The facility itself was very good and very clean. The rooms were decorated so beautifully and we were able to make it feel like home; they even used her room as a model, because it looked so wonderful. The food was very good and the menu had a lot of choices to choose from. On holidays, there were parties and everyone got cakes for their birthdays. There was always music or musicians coming by to perform for the residents as well. I would definitely recommend them to others.

Wouldn't recommend this place!!

I was not very impressed with my tour of this place and it was even recommended it to me from other people that my loved one not go here. Something just seemed very off and I just did not get a comfortable feeling from it.

Not enough activities!

My loved one was only at this community for a short period of time but while he was there we where not very impressed with how things went for him. There is no activities that go on throughout the day and the few that they have are nothing interesting. He was just sitting around all day doing nothing and I was not happy about that. I ended up pulling him out of there shortly after we moved him in.

We See Good Benefits

My grandmother is just fine at this community. The staff are the best thing here. She is getting enough choices for meals and attempting some activities. They have transportation available for the residents.

Not ideal for those needing help an support in their daily activities. They are only concerned about money.

This is the last place you want your loved one to go. Understaffed, noncaring and only concerned about their profit.

Everything is swell!

My mom said that she is not real happy with the food. There is no flavor, no variety and sometimes it is served cold. The community is clean and so is mom's room. We are happy with the way everything is going so far.

Great Manager!!

I thought that the marketing director was excellent to work with and gave my mother and I a great tour of her community. They had a great assisted living program with great activities and meal plans that where provided to all of the residents. Overall I had a great experience during my visit the location was just not idea for my family and I.

Not Good

I would rate this place very low. Most of the staff are excellent, but they usually don't last long. All of them look overworked and tired. The building looks nice, but that's about it. The services provided by Brookdale leave a lot to be desired. I just found out they are raising their rates again so I'm making plans to move my mother out of there. I can get in-home care that is better and cheaper than this place.

Nice Community, But Not the Care For Us

I toured this community for my sister and her needs. Everybody was very kind and welcoming. The community appeared to be well-kept and clean. All my question were answered, they were also very informative. This is nice community, but not the one for my sister and her needs.

Nice Community Overall

My aunt never got to make her move into this community. I had everything set up for her to move into this place. The community looked nice and well maintained, and I had a nice room picked up for her. She did end up in rehab before her move. I knew she was gonna be in good hands here. I will say that I did lose out on some money even though my aunt never stayed here. Overall it is a good community.

Works for us!

Since my Mother in Law is only there on a short term basis I can only speak to the value during this short time. She was able to obtain a room on a half price sale that was affordable for her for 3 months. The facility is clean and updated and very nice. She is quite content here and at 93 enjoys the quiet. The staff are very nice and very helpful to her and to the family. She doesn't participate in any of the activities due to her health and shy personality but they do offer activities to those who are interested. However, the only downside would be the food. Since she is such an excellent cook herself she likes to enjoy good meals and unfortunately cannot say that the meals offered here are very good. Adequate at best. It is, I'm sure, very difficult to have meal planning that is amenable to so many ages and health issues. But for most dinners, I'm told, they are being served sandwiches and chicken. Not too much variety. Since she expects to be leaving in the near future and since she goes out with family for some meals she is able to tolerate the lack of variety. But all in all this is definitely a place that we would recommend if it is within budget for those who are looking for a nice, quiet, clean and welcoming facility.

Respite Care!!

We had great services provided from Brookdale Eau Gallie. My mother was there for respite care and they were wonderful. I had no complaints the food was good and the staff communicated very well with us. The staff was also very friendly and attentive to her needs. We would recommend them to other families looking for a great place with high quality care.

Great place, many activities

My Uncle loves the "family" setting. Wonderful staff!

I toured here, and I liked it, they seemed extremely nice.

I toured here, and I liked it, they seemed extremely nice. My hesitation is that I have heard about their reputation from word of mouth, that they overload their workers with different tasks than what they were qualified for. I have heard that they seemed to care more about profit, than being adequately staffed. I would like to be able to talk to some of the staff, away from the prying ears of management, because others tell me what you hear will be completely different. It seemed so nice, I wish I knew.

Brookdale Eau Gallie is a good assisted living facility

Eventho my mother was only at Brookdale Eau Gallie for 6 days, she enjoyed her stay. The staff was friendly, helpful, and caring. We found the facility clean and secure.

Brookdale Eau Gallie is a good assisted living facility

We toured this facility with Dad. He was not thrilled with the possibility of sharing a studio room but this may be an option. The facility was very nice/staff was great

I think everything is going great so far.

I think everything is going great so far. We haven't had any complaints about food or anything. When I visit it's clean and the staff is friendly. I think it was even a little less in price than a lot of the others we looked at. I would give them at least a four.

It had a funky smell when you first walked in.

We looked at Southland Suites. It had a funky smell when you first walked in. I didn't see any issue, and I'm not sure what the smell was. It just wasn't a good fit for us.

The staff at Southland Suites is wond...

The staff at Southland Suites is wonderful! They went above and beyond to make sure that my mom was happy and secure in her new home. That includes picking us up at the airport in the middle of the night with a wheelchair van . I cannot say enough good things about them. The entire staff is friendly, helpful, welcoming and really makes sure you have everything you need or want.

We loved them! They are a small commu...

We loved them! They are a small community, it's all secure. The residents had varied degree of abilities. They are only assisted living. It's a beautiful facility. Everyone has to beeped in at the door by a living person. So the security is very good. The food was good. They encouraged families to join for meals and would have events. For the major holidays, they would celebrate ahead of time, so that the residents didn't miss out if they couldn't join the family celebration at home. There were lots of opportunities for families to be involved.

Be sure to get a thorough evaluation

This was a nice enough looking place, and the staff were very friendly, but our experience here was not a good one. They evaluated him and stated they'd be able to care for him, but we had to find a new facility within a week because the care needs for my loved one was beyond what they could provide. A proper evaluation would have saved us a lot of trouble.

Nice, but Large

They were nice, each Brookdale had their own thing to offer. It's a little larger of a place, 2 or 3 stories, with elevators involved. I didn't want my mom to have to try and navigate that. It's a lovely place.

Food could be a lot better, might imp...

Food could be a lot better, might improve next week with new food manager. Can't ride their bus with a power chai r of any sort ; had I knowen this, I wouldn't have come, but they picked me up and my scooter for the tour. They do have a nice staff, and will try to help you what ever the problem.

Southland Suites have been wonderful!

Southland Suites is very clean and the staff is very nice. Unfortunately I wish I had known that my father's years of service did not qualify him for VA benefits; because of that we need to find a cheaper place, but Southland Suites have been very helpful and are working with us. They've allowed us to move him to a smaller room to cut costs. The staff has been very helpful and has always answered all of my questions.

Brookdale Eau Gallie provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each assisted living resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. We offer graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care, and value.