Elmcroft of Sarasota - Sarasota, FL

Elmcroft of Sarasota - Sarasota, FL has yet not published prices.

Bad Experience

My love one was in this community for a respite stay. Unfortunately we did not have a good experience during his stay here. They never gave him a shower during his time here, and it was a bad experience overall. We will not be using this community for their services again.

Care and attention

I toured this community. The staff was wonderful and they answered my questions. They have a lot of activities that are offered. This building has just been remodeled and they did not have a lot of residents and we wanted a community with more residents. Overall, I liked this community and would recommend families to tour the community for the care of a loved one.

Too Big Community for Us

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. For the most part everything went well, but I didn't think this was the right fit for my mother. The facility is five stories, and I wasn't comfortable with that. It was too big of a community for us.

Brookdale downtown has become a great place for my mom and dad they entered May 1 and the service and the way they been treated and Have made friends has been super bookdale Downtown the senior staff with the executives have been super and the nursing staff has been on real thank god my mom and dad are there

To dark for me!

The people here were very nice and very helpful to us when we went to the tour. The community was clean and neat and we liked that. The only thing that we had an issue with was that the rooms were so small and they were dark. I need light in my room.

Making money off the elderly as they are mistreated

I had to give 1 star to be able to post
This place is a disaster. It is sales & they will say anything to get your person signed up. Then once they have your money,the game changes. Nothing happens that you were told and worse 2 visiting nurses told me to report the facilities [Removed] of my mother who was only there for 3 days but Director Scott felt fine taking her $5,000 of hard earned money.
My mother has been in 2 other assisted livings due to my moving to another town & both times she had wonderful experiences & I never had to worry or be concerned about how she was treated or like downtown Brookdale,mistreated. At Brookdale she also lost 5 pounds in 3 days & received [Removed] & a deep open wound that a month later is still being treated by home health care.
My mother has never smelled but after one night there when I arrived she and her room smelled strongly of urine.
If you want to know more details call [removed]

Horizon Bay Sarasota gets my recommendation!!

They offer daily activities. The staff are helpful and answer our questions. My loved ones like the food. The community is clean. We looked into various communities and this one was reasonably priced.

Nice Experience Nice Community

I had a good tour of this community. Everything went very well. This is nice community, and everyone was kind. From what I saw everything looked nice and clean. The staff was kind and welcoming. It was a nice tour, and this is a decent community.

Thumbs up to Horizon Bay

The staff were very friendly, professional and accommodating. My Mom, Aunt and I are very pleased with the service we received.

I am still accessing the situation!!!! Lots of management change going on and some promises not met. She is moved in and loves her place so I do not want to move her again.

A place that makes both you and Mom happy.

Horizon Bay has shown our mother so much care and kindness that we are able to sleep at night knowing that she is in a place where she can be happy and well looked after.

Toured, very nice looking!

Staff is nice

We stayed there for about 2 weeks. We were in the memory care section and had a hard time getting in out of the place. We did not have the code so it was hard to come and go. They keep the memory care section locked up.

don't really have concerns

Horizon Bay Sarasota is doing everything right. They are trying very hard to find a right fit for her. The interaction that I witness has always been perfectly fine. They appear sincere and caring. I don't really have concerns. They offer a multitude of activities but mom is blind so is unable . There were some errors made with her medication. I am not sure if was not communicated between the night staff and the day staff but that is why I rated the care services a little lower. The issue has been resolved so that is good.

Staff helpful eager to please

I have not actually visited Horizon Bay however in my search for a place for my parents I had found Cheryl very helpful and eager to please my family. She went out of her way to help my parents preview the apartment which was very spacious. We needed a 2 bedroom 2 bath which are few . My mother was in a rehab center and she arranged for her to see the home and experience the activities . It was a good experience . Location is excellent views are great.

Accommodating staff, good food, activities

My mother recently moved in. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They have numerous activities and the senior friendship center is right across the road. The food is good and they have many options to choose. One of the best facilities we found for the price. Very clean and different size apartments to choose. So far everything has been going very smooth and I would recommend putting Horizon Bay Sarasota on your short list of facilities to consider.

Visited 7/21/15 with Cheryl. Very comprehensive discussion and tour, and great downtown Sarasota location. Very knowledgeable and professional. Appears to be friendly, warm environment in older facility.

Brookdale Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your feedback! We will share your feedback with our management team.

A TERRIBLE PLACE.

Horizon Bay - It's okay

Meal service at Horizon Bay is the main reason this facility was selected. Rather than strict meal times, the dining room basically serves meals from 7am to 7pm. In previous facility, never was able to eat breakfast in 9 months due to very limited serving times. Variety and quality of foods served was also slightly better than previous facility where food often "ran out" before everyone was able to eat.
Horizon Bay is an older facility and as such needs a little sprucing up in paint and carpeting. Everyone at Horizon Bay has been friendly and helpful.
Care services have been less than satisfactory in delivery. Coordination of care services has been lacking and as a result spotty service has been received. This has been addressed with the Care Manager and is hopefully being fixed.

Nice place - Just moved in

Nice place. Looked at 7 different facilities for my step dad. Horizon Bay gave us what we were looking for at a good rate. The deciding factor for us was the way the dining was handled. Instead of the strict times for eating as most facilities provide, Horizon Bay lets their residents eat when it is convenient. When selecting meals, he orders from a menu and the food is brought out restaurant style, individually. My step father was never able to eat breakfast at Desoto Beach Club as they stopped serving breakfast at 8:30. He is now able to wake and eat when he is ready. Same applies to his lunch and dinner, he now eats the meals that are being paid for.

Everyone at Horizon Bay has been very friendly. The management is very cordial and friendly as is the staff.

With two weeks in, I am comfortable with our choice and can now relax about his care and safety.

They’ve been very helpful with getting her around.

My mom lives there. They’ve been very helpful with getting her around. She’s been very pleased. My mom wishes there were extended hours for food services. There are movies every night. It’s conveniently located. She said the food is very good. The staff is very friendly.

Larger1br $3500. Plus $775....

Larger1br $3500. Plus $775. 2nd person fee($4275).elec & phone not incl. elec runs $15-30 per month. Located near downtown Sarasota on Hudson Bayou. Very clean and newly renovated. Up to max. $1145. Per person for extra services such as med. management, personal laundry, bathing, etc) Can schedule a visit with Kaitlyn for Sundays. CDs daily. Unfurnished

Great visit. Looks like a ...

Great visit. Looks like a good match. Will follow up w/ visit w/ Mom

Great for Independent Living

The facility is older, but it's in very good shape and it looked like a resort. It's multiple levels, and although the staff was very good, we wanted to pick a place that would more accessible for my dad. If you had better mobility and were more alert, this might have been a great place.

They have always been courteous.

The front desk is attentive and they put a big clock on the wall so that we can know what time we are signing in, they added it on request. The mens restroom is nice and clean and it's a public restroom. They have always been courteous. I would say we got the best value for our money. She really doesn't use any care services. When I'm on the elevators they have daily activities going on and it seems very active. She has attended a few functions, like the bus ride to walmart, stuff like that. Barbara Patterson invited us to go to the dining room on our very first week, and it was very good food. The parking is a premium there, there really isn't a lot of parking so visitor parking is a premium. The size of the living space vs. dollar amount is one of the reasons we chose this.

Good Place

My husband is there now. They are very clean. He doesn't seem to do the activities. I think that is as good as it can get, but it is a little too far away - it takes me a half hour to get there. Otherwise is it a good place, as places go. The food is excellent! That is the one thing that he doesn't complain about at all. He is getting acclimates, and I'm beginning to think that it might be best for him to stay here.

Wonderful

More than not, Horizon Bay has turned out to be wonderful. The staff has been great. Certainly the nursing staff from the top down has been amazing. It's a pretty place and my mom is getting used to it. They've made a supreme effort to make her comfortable and happy. I'm a little concerned because there has been some staff shake up but that seems to be settling down. They have a new director. They walked the old director out the door. Mom said they weren't given any more information than that. More than not, I'm very very pleased with Horizon Bay. Whatever staffing shake up they had I sense that things are getting better.

Could be worse could be better

They seem to not do what they say they will do. They do all the major things well but its the small things they need to work on. When I say small things, it is things that do not have to be done like putting something up in a room or simple things like that. If you say they say they are going to do something then they should do it. If they are not going to do then don't offer to do it. They have also left the residents in the dining area about an hour before they would take them back to their rooms which was very frustrating.

Monthly rates 2300 for stud...

Monthly rates 2300 for studio too expensive no lifecare option

Depressing atmosphere, units mediocre...

Depressing atmosphere, units mediocre, although staff was pleasant.