Brookdale Cotswold - Charlotte, NC

Brookdale Cotswold - Charlotte, NC has yet not published prices.

Beautiful facility, the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and caring.

Brookdale Cotswold

My loved one used to live at Brookdale. He got to the point where he needed more and more care, and Brookdale was willing to do it, but they started charging for every little thing they did. We were definitely motivated by finances when we decided to move him to a more practical community.

A good tour

This looked like a nice clean community when I visited. The community is in a nice location. It is close to some medical offices and hospitals. The people I met there were nice.

Really stand up guy!

I was unable to go on the tour to this community. However, I did get to talk to one of the guys that works here. He was very nice and super accommodating. Even though we did not choose this community he said that he was willing to help us with anything that we needed.

Very Disappointing

While lovely on the outside and inside, the level of care leaves something to be desired. I went to visit a friend last week and found her unkept, dirty, and sick. When I told the person at the front desk that my friend was sick, I got absolutely NO response.

My Aunt Is Doing Good

I think my aunt is doing fairly good. She is safe and getting the right care. They have outing but there is not much outings available. She likes the meals they serve here. My aunt has discovered her friend is at this community too.

She Is Very Pleased With Food

My mother is doing fine here at this community. I would say the cleanliness of the community could use some improvements. They have a very good staff here, they have been helpful and attentive. They do offer activities for the residents to participate in, she tried a few of them. She is very pleased with the meals, the food is very good. I know she is being cared for well, she is in good hands here. Overall I would recommend this community.

Issues with care, a lot of staff turnover

Our experience with Brookdale Cotswold was not a good one. The facility had a lot of monthly staff turnover, and the care and service really suffered for it. My loved one was not checked nearly enough, which led to issues with bed sores and her diaper not being changed often enough. And despite all of this they are still one of the more expensive communities in the area.

Worst run Elder Care Facility in USA

Horrendous. A few great staff members but management is lost. Money has been "missing" from several residents. Recently remodel is classic "lipstick on a pig". Food is horrible. Rooms are never cleaned. They may give it a quick pickup but no cleaning. Medication management is big problem. Such a hassle to move a elder parent yet we hope to be out soon. Corporate Office failed to respond to certified letters. Make your own decision yet I see many problems ahead. Per counsel, documentation is the key.

some issues

I am on my way to Brookdale Cotswold right now to work out some issues. There really aren't any specifics I would like to give but they are reflected in my star ratings.

My mother was here in 2015 for 9 long months. I cannot tell you how difficult her stay was due to the ineptness and negligence of the management. She was, quite simply, not cared for properly. Her medication was so poorly managed, we had to take over and manage it ourselves by constantly checking with the staff and going over to give her what she could not get from them when she needed it.
She wondered the facility at night and went down a large flight of stairs without staff's knowledge, which she is not supposed to do. They told us is wasn't their responsibility to watch her 24/7. Why else would we pay to have her there?
The list goes on and on. I'm so thankful we were able to make alternate arrangements for her. We fell for the friendly, kind, sales act. We are filing a complaint and a lawsuit.

Brookdale at Cotswald Memory Care

Do not put your loved one here if they need memory care! My parent has had 4 serious falls since Dec. of 2014. The last fall put them in the hospital for 5 days. They seem to be understaffed, especially on the weekends. The staff changes out like a revolving door and forget trying to talk to the head person of this memory care unit, they are never available. You pay a $2500 community fee, and residents of memory care are excluded from the activities that take place upstairs. At the Valentines Day luncheon, we got an invitation to it but when we headed upstairs for the luncheon we were told there was no room and had to go back down to the memory care unit (where there was obviously no Valentine celebration going on, just a typical day). When my mom was hospitalized this last time, NOT ONE PERSON from the memory care unit or administrator called to see if she was dead or alive! Needless to say it's a For profit facility and it shows. I pulled my Mother out immediately. Biggest mistake was to put her there.

Good experience.

My husband and I placed our loved one at Brookdale Cotswold in January 2015. We have found all of the staff helpful and the facility is always clean.

Good experience.

My husband and I placed our loved at Brookdale Cotswold in January 2015. We have found all of the staff helpful and the facility is always clean.

Like any assisted living facility they over sell all of their services. It took me three months to get them to replace a broken refrigerator, activities are scheduled and then don't happen, cleaning my living space is not consistent and the Executive Director is not a compassionate, caring person, which I would think would be a necessity for this job.

Nice place, overall!

So far everything has gone very well at Emeritus at Eastover. It's a nice looking place, and all of the employees seem very friendly. Really the only issue we've had is that during evenings/nights it can be a bit difficult to get in touch with someone if you call the community.

Review of Emeritus at Eastover Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Charlotte, NC

This place was the nicest that I looked at and the pricing is great for the first year if a contract is signed by the end of September the room rent will be reduced by 750.00. Normal room rent is 2450 for studio, 2650 for deluxe studio, 2750 one bedroom suite. Estimate assistance an additional 1100/mo depending on how much assistance is required. medication management is 200/mo and a one time fee of 2500 'community' fee for room cleaning and personal assessment to see what level of assistance is required. Studio or deluxe studio will work.

We are very pleased so far.

We are very pleased so far. When they first did the evaluation, they said that she would be at a certain level, and we thought it would be a different level, we were right. They have been really good about being attentive and responsive. The food has been really good, a five. I think the facility could be updated a little, I know they are working on it changing the carpets.

This was a very nice place....

This was a very nice place. My mom.would get totally lost with the way the hallways and rooms were set up. For that reason we didn't think it would be a good fit for her and it was too expensive.

Good care, with a few issues to correct

The overall care they provide in the memory care unit here is good, and the staff are experienced and friendly, but they do have a few issues they really need to work on.
The first issue is that the memory care section always has a strong odor, which is very off-putting. The second issue, and the biggest one, is that we've had a real problem with our loved ones toiletries going missing. Hair brushes, body wash, tooth paste, etc. keep going missing. And I don't think they're getting misplaced because they aren't turning up in any of the other residents belongings.

Roomy 1 bedroom has a bedro...

Roomy 1 bedroom has a bedroom, sitting room, and two sinks as well as walk-in shower. (I like this living space.) I do not like the regular size room but the deluxe suite is a possibility until a 1-bedroom comes available. I like that the pendant is included, the food seems to be good, there are numerous fieldtrips and activities. Also, there is transfer service for medical visits.

Very nice looking, our second choice

I toured this community while I was looking into care options for my loved one. I was very impressed by what I saw here, and I toured quite a few options during my search. This place had a very warm, homey feel, and the staff were all very friendly and professional. At the time of our tour they unfortunately did not have any rooms available, and the location was not convenient for us, but it is definitely an option worth looking into!

They have done very well, except for the food.

They have done very well. We are very very pleased with them. Their person to person care is excellent, and medical care too. They are terrible in the food department. The constant complaint is about the food not being hot and the bread has been hard. We have showed up un-announced to eat and it is not good. The seasoning is bad and they serve broccoli and cauliflower over and over. The grits aren't even hot enough to melt the butter. She is extremely happy about the way they treat her. She has never had a complaint about anything but the food. Their housekeeping is very good the activities are good. Everybody is very dedicated to their jobs. It's a nicely designed facility it's very homey looking. It's really upscale, it has a lot going for them, but the food is a real problem. They do not take medicaid.

Best of the Best

Chanel Jackson made this emotional time for my family painless. She walked up thru the process and held our hand all the way. Emeritus is a great facility. I would encourage anyone to speak with Chanel when placing their family member. SHe and the staff are A++. The facility is great but it's the people that make it.

Feels Like Home

This is a smaller community but with a big heart and a comfortable feel about it. The staff is genuine and enthusiastic about being a part of a patient's journey, wherever that journey may be.
I took great comfort in knowing my dad would be treated like he was someone else's dad too.

Homey, family-like atmosphere

There's no smell there and that was one of the first things I looked for, when you go in there and all you smell is just food, it feels like a home there. I keep assuring daddy that he is in the best place he could possibly be because I've looked at a lot of them. Where he is he could progress with his Alzheimer's and not have to leave, but he's being cared for and I know it and I'm happy, it feels more like family. This was a difficult decision for me, I realyl thought he could live with me but he needed to be watched all the time and I just couldn't do it. I came here and knew my search was over, I had already gotten a feel for some of the other places and I knew there wasn't going to be a better place than this.

Small and Dark

Not Good. I would not move my father here. I was just really small and dark and I just didn't care for it. It just didn't make me feel good.

Concerned with the communit...

Concerned with the community being multi-level. Mama is used to one floor and may be confused using the elevator. Larger community with nice studio rooms and lots of activities. Noticed more residents sleeping in the common areas instead of moving around. Hallways are narrower and there seemed to be more turns to navigate when getting around. Approx monthly [removed] $2475

Director might have missed her callin...

Director might have missed her calling. She is a real comedian and we had so much fun talking with her. She offered some names to help Auntie with the Vets payments also.

Saw last yr. Some rooms had little s...

Saw last yr. Some rooms had little sun rooms off them-very nice; reminded me of Mom's home. Had a buy down program available - good idea to get Mom's rent down to a manageable amt.

About Our Community

This is the promise that the staff at Brookdale at Eastover- and throughout Brookdale Senior Living communities- has shared since 1999, when our community first opened its doors. It's- a simple promise to be compassionate and kind, understanding and respectful- a promise to become extended family to the seniors entrusted in our care and to our residents who have chosen our Charlotte retirement community for its active lifestyle.

The Perfect Location

Brookdale at Eastover is conveniently located by Cotswald Shopping Center, Mint Museum and across from a wide selection of physician offices, which makes your traveling quick and convenient. We are surrounded by woods with a gorgeous view of beautiful landscaped grounds, and the well known Mint Museum located a few blocks away provides entertainment for those who are museum goers. We are the closest senior living community to Presbyterian and CMC hospital.

A Wonderful Selection

With a wide variety of senior apartment styles, you are assured to find something that will fit your needs and make you feel at home. All apartments come furnished with a kitchenette (includes refrigerator). Warm paint colors are used to help you feel relaxed and refreshed. So, whether you need a studio or want something with a little more room like a one-bedroom, we have it for you!

Our beautiful Victorian mansion offers a comfortable homey environment with a wrap-around porch where you can have your morning coffee and evening cocktail. A winding staircase greets you in the living room, and multiple you’ll find multiple rooms where you can enjoy the company of others or watch your favorite show by the fireplace.

Strong, Caring Professional Relationships
Brookdale at Eastover offers a weekly visiting therapy program with Westen Group, a geriatric physician in Dr. Patee, and a psychiatrist and podiatrist in Dr Fyler. These accommodations allow you to conveniently use these services without having to leave your home.

Our Staff

Brookdale at Eastover is proud to report that our care staff has over five years with us. The management team is comprised of professionals that have been with Brookdale as long as 10 years. Our team here at Brookdale at Eastover prides ourselves in selecting the most caring and reliable team players.