Brookdale Champlin - Champlin, MN

Brookdale Champlin - Champlin, MN has yet not published prices.

Very Pleased

Mom seems to be doing okay since moving here. Anytime I have visited her the community is clean and well maintained. The staff is always friendly and nice. Mom seems to be liking the food she eats 3 times a day. She doesn't have the personality to participate in any of the activities but I am hoping the staff try to get her involved.

Care and Options for dad

I toured this community for the care that my father needed. The staff was nice and able to answer the questions that we had on the care that is offered. The menu seemed to have a lot of good choices that would have been offered. I like the community for the activities that are offered for the residents.We would suggest that others tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Still settling in

For the most part, our loved one is happy at Brookdale Champlin. It has been a little bumpy trying to acclimate and get used to the schedules and routines. It could be that it is due to a change in the management and the turn over in staff members. The staff is working with us and has been good about trying to resolve the questions and concerns we are having regarding our loved one. We are happy that they make sure he is taking his medication regularly. We also like the fact that he goes to the dining room to eat his meals and socializes with other people. We brought in some of his own things to decorate his room and make it homey and comfortable as possible. There are nice walking areas around the community that my husband has taken him to get some exercise and fresh air. We are hoping that everything settles down and it will be a good fit for our loved one.

Things Changed Too Quickly

My dad was only here about a week before having to go to the hospital and was unable to return to this location. The staff was nice and was willing to do what ever was needed to be done however my dad's condition proved to be more than what they could handle. The community itself was always clean and well maintained from what I experienced.

Parents Enjoying Their Time In This Community

My parents are doing great since their move to this community. Everything is working out well, and I'am comfortable with their move to this facility. They are safe, and in good hands. They have a good staff, and they are taking good care of them. The community is well-kept, they do a good job with the cleanliness. They are nice activities offered, and good meals provided. This is a community I would recommend, it is working out well for my family.

Nice apartment

Brookdale Champlin is a very warm and inviting community. My mom has a nice apartment with windows that provide nice views of the well-maintained landscaping. The staff is friendly and taking good care of my mom. My mom thinks the food is okay, I haven't had a chance to dine there with her yet. They offer activities that the staff tries to encourage the residents to participate in. There is transportation for the resident for shopping trips and other excursions. I would recommend this community to others.

What I Saw

We didn't like it at all when we had a tour with the community. We wanted something smaller too.

My tour for care

I toured this community and liked the staff and the clean environment. The staff did seem helpful in the questions I had. The community appeared to be clean. They have activities that are an offer and a nice variety on the menu. I would recommend that families tour this community for care.

In Laws Are Well at This Community

This seems to have been a good move for my in laws, and their needs. Everything is working out well, and they are doing good. We do feel satisfied with their move this community. They seem to have a good staff at this facility. The community, and their room are nice, and clean when we come to visit. They provide good meals,and nice activities for the residents. It has been a good experience for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

Friendly Management

My parents are doing very nicely since their move to this community. The management is very friendly. They have been very helpful, and very willing to resolve any of our concerns we have had. The community is well-kept, they do a good with the cleanliness. I will say that they need more of a variety of foods to choose from. Overall it has been pleasant experience for us in the community, and I would recommend it.

A caring tour

We toured this community. I did not have the feeling that we were looking for. The staff were nice and able to anser the questions. It is clean and maintained. They do offer alot of good activities for the residents. This is a good place and we would recommend this community to other families to tour for the care of a loved one.

A very good community.

This community seemed like a comfortable place when we visited. My mother in law has a very nice apartment. She seems to be happy with the food and they do offer healthy choices. The community is clean and they offer a lot of activities. I would recommend this community. The only thing I noticed is that the communication with the family could improve.

After having so much trouble with the Brookdale community in California, I don't want to consider this as an option. I did visit, and the community was quite nice.

Wonderful place!

All in all it has been good. Mom likes the food, but the dining part is a little tricky when you are the new kid on the block. The community is very nice and clean. The staff is good and they are nice. We really like that mom is close to all of us.

Mother's Great Care

My mom is happy with this community. The staff is very nice and helpful. Alot of activities are offered to her. I would recommend this community to other families for great care.

Things did not work out there

Things did not work out there at all. He stayed there one week and he could not handle it there. He just could not stand being alone. He though he could do assisted living, but he could not. I was kind of disgusted with the whole process because there was a lot of red tape to get him out of there. He was only there for 5 days and they continued to bill us and the also billed us for pills that he couldn't possibly have used. They are after every dime they can get from you and it is just a racket.

No Buyer's Remorse Here!

This location is now Brookdale Champlin. From the first phone call to ongoing support, I have received amazing customer service on every level and so has my Mom. Mom moved in 15 days ago and she LOVES living there! The moment I walked in the doors, I felt comfort and peace coming from staff and residents alike. Mom thought she'd be cooking her own food a lot, but she enjoys having a menu to choose options and not having to clean up. Choosing Brookdale was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

the staff here has gone out of their way to help mom

Brookdale at Champlin Shores has been really great. The staff here has gone out of their way to help mom fit in and feel welcome. They help keep her busy with chores because they know it helps her feel important and good. The communication of the staff is great. They keep me informed. Everyone has been very pleasant and happy. That has rubbed off on mom and has helped her adjust and feel comfortable. We visited several other facilities. All of them were nice but this is just the right fit for us. Some carpet is worn here. That is the only thing that stands out that needs improving. It is a nice culture there. They have a lot of spaces that are open and not sequestered. It helps the residents interact even if they don't want to engage. They at least don't feel alone. There are many facilities with a lot of small rooms. This facility has nice common spaces. I think the fact that they have visiting pets is also a wonderful plus here.

My brother Mike and sisters Nancy and Jenny toured Brookdale Champlin the other day. It is a very nice place and LaFawn and Mary were awesome people to work with. They understood our mom's wound situation and supported the in home service we wanted to use. We were very impressed that they actually had their director of nursing go and asses our mom at the rehab center. Unfortunately for us, they have determined that our mom needs memory care and not assisted living. I completely understand their decision and support it. I was very pleased with LaFawn's truthfulness regarding their assessment. Unfortunately, the only memory care room available there right now is a shared room. Our mom doesn’t want to share a room. Unless a private room opens up soon at Brookdale Champlin (which we would grab up right away), we’re turning our search to available private memory care rooms at a place that also is able to accept our mom’s wound situation.

quite impressed

I have been quite impressed with Emeritus (now Brookdale) at Champlin Shores. Particularly with how friendly their staff has been. For example, the person that serves the breakfast is very friendly and checking in to make sure you are not only satisfied but fully pleased. They sure are really friendly. Their staff is very good.

My husband does not like it too much here, but that's not due to any fault on their end. He enjoys that I enjoy it, but he is only here for me.

Memory care staff phenomenal

My Father has dementia and the loving care he is receiving from the memory care staff is phenomenal! !!

They are exceptional, and I would rate them very highly!

They have been exceptionally helpful. I don't have any major concerns, with how clean it is, or food or anything, really. If anything does come up, I address it with them, and they take care of it right away. They are exceptional, and I would rate them very highly!

Clean and friendly, but a few big issues.

They keep it very clean, and the staff is pretty friendly. They have pretty good activities, and the food is good as well. They didn't respond to a call button though, and we eventually had to call 911. We have also been working with them on the invoicing for about three weeks, and about 8 out of 10 residents I speak with seem to have billing issues as well.

Had all the right necessities for Mom but I did not think that it was very clean.

My experience with Emeritus at Champl...

My experience with Emeritus at Champlin Shores had been fine. The staff are very friendly and accommodating to my mother's needs. They keep the facility clean and tidy. The food is well. I do feel right now they're understaffed. I feel things would ruin a bit more smooth is they had more staff.

My dad was first in assisted living a...

My dad was first in assisted living and then memory care. The assisted living facility was fine but the memory care was inadequate at best.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that your loved one’s transition from Assisted Living to our Memory Care Neighborhood didn’t meet your expectations. We would like to address your comments regarding Memory Care. To do so, we need more information from you. We invite you to reach out to our community management team to voice your concerns regarding your loved one’s care.

Just beginning to look at M...

Just beginning to look at Memory Care. Nice facility, good location for me. Didn't like the lack of privacy in the shared rooms.

Everything is good, we don't have any complaints.

Everything is good, we don't have any complaints. We are really happy with them.

Living out of town, it was very comfo...

Living out of town, it was very comforting to have received suggestions from A Place for Home to bring to Minnesota and be able to make appointments for the next day from my arrival. I feel the suggestions were appropriate and involved a range of cities. We chose
Champlin Shores because my Dad liked it the best when we saw three on Saturday, then after seeing three more on Tuesday, he still liked it the best.

The immediate care seems to be good.

They are clean and friendly. There have been some security issues, and there is a lack of activities. They could probably use a little more staff. The immediate care seems to be good. The food is good.

Champlin Shores in Champlin MN

I was first told my mother was qualified for assisted living and didn't need memory care as I thought. We moved her furniture in to a beautiful apartment. While in rehab at Twin Rivers it was decided that she needed memory care. Memory care is a smaller room in which she can only have a fourth of what we paid to have moved. I know it is right for her to be there, but am disappointed that we had all that work, money and time spent moving furniture and belongings out of Champlin Shores. I now have to change her phone to another room and change her mailing address with the post office when I am given the room she will be in once these changes are complete.

Great Care

My mother has lived at Champlin Shores for the last 4 years. We did have some problems with the staff a few times in the first couple years, but I am writing now as things have changed so much and gotten so much better. They have changed many things in the last couple years, which have been really good and I think it shows how much they care. Their new director and nurses are great. My mom has some pretty difficult health issues and they always take care of her and communicate really well with myself and my brothers. I would recommend Champlin Shores to anyone looking to help their family.

Terrible Experience

My mother-in-law was there for respite care and it was terrible. They lost her meds. It was supposed to be smoke free blinding but the staff smoked downstairs so when you come up the elevator you can smell it. When we checked her out it took 10 minutes to get a nurse to come help us. Nobody took accountability for the meds. They insisted that we didn't bring them. Then later they magically showed up. When we were checking her in it took 35 minutes for someone to bring us to her room. Overall, it was not a good experience.

Chad was friendly and helpf...

Chad was friendly and helpfulSaw about 7 residents. 6 had walkers. 1 wheelchair. 2 men 1 friendly lady walking around. One staff assistant 2 employees in parked cars in parking lot

Champlin Shores Senior Living

Way to many problems.
$1000 fee just to get in the apt. Ala cart services with rates that started high and just got higher. Some friendly, skilled and caring staff. But... mistakes on meds, poor housekeeping and no real follow through by supervisors has made this home a real test of our trust and confidence.

Very professionally run. To...

Very professionally run. Took lots of time explaining the program

Met with Chris. This one was very ni...

Met with Chris. This one was very nice and we came away feeling that it was one of, if not the, top candidate. The only downside was that it was large and may not have the 'homey feel' that a smaller one would. The unit was perfect and it looked like her diet could be addressed as a supplement to whatever she could eat out of the core meal. Chris said that they have never not met EW needs and he felt very comfortable that once her funds were depleted, that she would have a EW available.

I toured with director. This one is ...

I toured with director. This one is more all-inclusive than any others, so far. The retirement apartments have a 2 meal/day plan. All others are 3 meal/day. Bldg secure. Friendly staff, good interaction with and among residents. The hallways to the apartments are a bit long. Lots of activities both in-house and transportation provided for outside activities -- doctor appts, shopping, shows, Twins games, etc. Facility is 6 yrs old. Yes, they have soft water. Four stars for activities, friendliness.

Very nice facility. Clean. Friendly s...

Very nice facility. Clean. Friendly staff. Nice apartments. They don't have the "traditional" independent living. It's called "retirement living" and includes more services than currently needed. But very nice place.

Brookdale Champlin is a senior living community nestled into a beautiful setting on the shores of Mill Pond.

We offer 3 levels of service. Catered Living is perfect for independent seniors looking for a more carefree lifestyle. Catered Living includes: daily breakfast with option to have lunch and dinner, bi-weekly housekeeping, all utilities except telephone, basic cable, and daily activities.

Assisted Living is designed for senior adults who need assistance with personal care to complement their independent lifestyle. Assisted Living includes: 3 meals daily, weekly housekeeping and laundry service, medication set ups, all utilities except telephone, basic cable, and daily activities.

Finally, Memory Care is for residents who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease or other related dementias. Champlin Shores is dedicated to our life engagement philosophy of social, psychological, spiritual and physical well-being for ever individual.