Brookdale Broadway Mesa - Mesa, AZ

Brookdale Broadway Mesa - Mesa, AZ has yet not published prices.

#1 Choice

My mother needed 24/7 care after a stroke. After looking at almost a dozen places, this memory care stood alone. The residents were smiling and waved each visit, while being busy on creative activities. The staff was out with them, not sitting behind a desk. The new wing is gorgeous and can't wait until mom can use the spa tub for her first bath in 20 years. The transfer from Brookdale assisted living was so easy and costs so reasonable, I would offer this as a First Choice in Memory Care.

Even tho it was set up like the other Brookdales, it seemed more run down and the residents that I seen seem to require more care and not as socialble.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and it was fine. The staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. It was a little further out. It was clean and kept up nice. I recommend families tour many places before making a choice.

My Friend is settling in

This community has been very helpful to me while helping me place a friend here. The director is so accommodating. He is in the memory care here and the caregivers are so good and patient. It is kept very clean. They have 3 very good meals a day with 2 or 3 different choices, with snacks in between if needed. They try to engage him in daily activities. They have outings that he has enjoyed and he is getting PT to get stronger. I would recommend this community.

Feels kind of depressing

I toured here when looking for a place for my mom and I didn’t like it. It didn’t have the feel of a nice place. There wasn’t anything wrong with it but it seemed like there were a lot more people that weren’t as active and were more so sedentary. I felt an atmosphere of depression. However, the facility was kept clean from what I could see. The person that took me on the tour seemed knowledgeable and answered any questions as they came up.

Outstanding care for dad

This is an outstanding community for care. The care that my father is getting is wonderful. The menu is good and he is pleased with the good variety. They have a lot of activities for my father to participate and he does like taking trips away from the community. We recommend this community for outstanding care and value

nice atmosphere. not thrilled with the ala carte pricing of individual services-- this can quickly add up, and isn't an exact science, as people's needs change from month to month-- the monthly cost seems to be a variable, rather than a constant-- not very encouraging.

Quoted Price Can Increase

The tour was nice it is a nice community. The staff was helpful and friendly. However when it comes to the pricing that is a different story. You can be told that the price will be one thing but then there are additional charges that will be added on and that will increase the price so it will take you out of your budget range.

A tour for care

We toured this community. The staff is very nice and the environment was clean. We liked the activities and the menu. The community had a nice atmosphere and the residents seemed to be active. We would recommend this community for families to tour for the care of a loved one.

Take a look

This was a nice community that seemed to lean more towards independent living. We were looking for more assisted living. The people we met were nice and they did seem to offer some nice activities. I would recommend taking a look to see if this community would work for you or your loved one.

A very good tour!!

We really liked Brookdale Broadway Mesa when we toured. It is close to my father's home. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It was our top choice.

Friendly staff!!

I had a very good tour of Brookdale Broadway Mesa. The facility was clean and everything was in good shape. The person that took me around was friendly and helpful. It was a nice place but not the best fit for my loved one moment.

Wonderful Experience!!

I am very pleased with the tour I had received at this community for my father. The staff where all very friendly and made sure to give my loved one and I a great look of there facility. They had a lot of great amenities that they offered to all of there residents and a great food menu as well. It was just not the right fit for my dad in the end decision.

Pricey!

We really liked the Brookdale Broadway Mesa a lot when we toured it, but it was out of our price range. If it would not have been for the price factor, this community would have been my first choice.

For my mom

The move-in was easy, the staff friendly and helpful, the studio is spacious, and the nurses are knowledgable, understanding and adaptable. Our big complaint is the payment method. Seems outdated. Dropping off a check to the front office must then be shipped to the district office which takes 7-10 days to process. By then you may be charged a late fee. Seems like the payment should be posted on-site then ship the check for deposit. We signed up for autopay but that takes over 30 days to initiate. We had to pay by phone for fear of a hefty late fee.

The Community Provides What Mom Needs For Now

We are getting recommendation from my mom's therapist that she may need more care. In the meantime the staff have been accommodating and do their best to give the care she needs. The house keeping has done much better since moving in. I seen the apartment and it looks nice and not seeing any lost or misplaced items. She likes the activities that she is able to attend. She enjoys the musical activities. The involvement from the caregiver and housekeeping was addressed and improved for the better.

Care for family member

I like the care that is being received here. The community is beautiful. There have been times that the staff is short staffed.They are always very responsive if there is something wrong, The staff I very nice. The meals need some improvements. She does like to socialize with others. They do offer a few activities. They need more staff most of the time. I recommend families to this community to see if it would meet the needs of a loved one.

Home Sweet Home

I am very happy for the care that I am getting here at this community. I like that they have alot of activities for me to enjoy. Bingo and the trips that we are able to take have been very enjoyable for me. The food is wonderful and i love the variety of the meals. I love this community and recommend the great care that I receive here.

Brookdale in Mesa BAD experience

Short staffed; care givers, wait staff and kitchen. Crappy food. Cold food. No comfort food for these old people. Never saw beef stew, chicken and noodles, stuffed peppers, bean soup, etc... On occasion, out of simple supplies like straws, salsa and spaghetti cheese. 30 day notice to move out is ridiculous. Should not apply to this population/these facilties. Enhancements to consider could be in room intercoms, quieter ac, access to water/ice dispenser. I will tell others of my moms awful experience and encourage anyone to do better research and not allow a loved one to be placed at a Brookdale facility. What an eye opener on how our older population are discarded to these facilities. Shoot me first before I ever experience this again. Karma

From What My Family Tell Me

My dad is doing really well. As far as I know he is doing beautifully good too. It is a clean facility and his room is maintained well. My dad has not complained about his meals, it must be good. I would recommend them to anyone.

Really, your charging me what? For what??

I have eaten with my mom several times and the service and food quality are not very good. I feel like the staff does not go above and beyond, they do only what is required. The care staff doesn't seem to be able to ascertain the needs of my mother.

They are very active at Brookdale Broadway Mesa!!!

Things are going pretty well for my dad since moving into this community. I tried the food when I was there and tasted ok. The portions were perfect size and seemed healthy. They have a nice maintained courtyard and the community is very clean. The community is light and sunny and the staff are good at getting him involved in some of the activities. This community gets my recommendation.

Mom Is Doing Great

My mother is doing great at this community. They keep the community very clean and everything looks very nice. The staff for the most part is pretty good. There are nice activities offered like bingo, and movies nights. The food is good she enjoys the meals. It has been a pretty good experience.

Not a good place!

I would advise you to look away. This is not what may be introduced on the tour. Nothing happens here that they say, the food is cold, they do not help with your needs and their staff took medications from my Mother. They let her sit in her own urine for hours and I paid extra for bathroom care. Would not recommend!

Great Activities

My mother is in the memory care unit of the facility and so far things are going well for her. We are taking it day by day and hoping for the best. The place looks really nice and very clean, I've never had any concerns with that. The staff has been very helpful and friendly toward us. They help out with everything she needs, and keep me up-to-date, so that is very helpful to me. They offer good activities for the residents, and she enjoys going on the bus rides. It's something she has always liked doing, so it's nice that she can still do that at the community. They have bingo, they go to church and even have their own lacrosse team. I would recommend this community to anybody. It has been a good experience.

Great Place

In the process of helping a friend find a place, we found Brookdale. It is a very clean living environment. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My friend seems to be adjusting okay to the move which makes it easier. I would recommend this place.

A Wonderful Facility

I would actually relocate to live at Brookdale Broadway Mesa myself. They were wonderful with my loved one. We were dreading her moving, and they made her so comfortable and that's all she keeps telling me about. It is a wonderful facility and the staff makes it as homey as possible.

Pretty Good

I was pretty satisfied with them, they are pretty good. The food is pretty good, they give a good collection. It seems like a pretty clean place. Most of the caregivers are nice and capable. The staff is pretty good.

Very Nice and Clean

It is very nice and clean and nicely displayed and the activities are good and the people are friendly. I just had a problem with my loved one getting his medication. They would run out of his medicine and so I had to order them, but it seems like they have gotten it fixed now.

They were okay, the people were friendly, and it was nice.

We toured here when we were looking for options. They were okay, the people were friendly, and it was nice. The rooms were put together strangely, like they had taken over an old hotel. There were closets in the kitchen area, and it was just a little weird.

very good

We have had a very good experience with Brookdale Broadway Mesa. They are very responsive to any requests or questions that we have. Mom really loves the food too. The facilities are very nice, clean, and well kept, and it is at a very reasonable price. I would recommend them.

very good

We have had a very good experience with Brookdale Broadway Mesa. There have not been any major issues, and any time there is any issue at all, they have been very open to listen to feedback and willing to help out wherever they can.

Good place

The 'cottage' atmosphere was very inviting; small group feel. Staff appeared friendly and engaged with clients. No odors, clean. Small rooms. This was more suited to memory care . The staff have all been very courteous and always address me in a courteous manner. I am really impressed with all they have done and continue to do. It is a really great place.

mom enjoys it

Everybody I have spoken to has been very nice and very helpful. Mom really seems to be enjoying herself at Brookdale Broadway Mesa and that is all that matters to me.

Nice place, overall!

I think they do an excellent job overall at Brookdale Broadway Mesa! Everyone here is very friendly, and they've handled any issues that have arisen very professionally. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they've got a lot to offer the people who live here! Also, Mom has had very good things to say about the food!

Very nice place, overall

Overall things have gone very well at Brookdale Broadway Mesa. It left a very good impression on us after our tour, it seemed much friendlier and homier than some of the larger communities we looked at. However, we did have a bit of an issue after moving our loved one in. Brookdale has a resident ambassador program where a current resident will show a new resident around and get them introduced, but apparently this got overlooked for the first few weeks our loved one was there. When we informed them they were extremely apologetic, and they got things fixed immediately. Other than that everything has been wonderful, and our loved one has settled in well. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff have all been very friendly.

the people that work here are very nice. The rooms could be kept cleaner however. The food is not very good and seems to be my grandmothers main complaint.

The people who work at Emeritus are great caring people. Very knowledgeable about caring or the elderly and have many helpful ideas for the family members. They have an accurate amount of caregivers for the people living there who respond well and interact well with those living there and their families. The only down side that I have seen is the food quality. This could use some improvement and a bigger variety.

Review of Emeritus at Broadway Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Mesa, AZ

Not giving a final rating yet but the rooms are terribly small, storage in bedrooms almost nonexistent. Staff friendly. No pool. Only a microwave, sink, and fridge in kitchen. One small counter.

Not Impressed!

I am very disappointed in this place. The first impression was wonderful with Kelly, but since moving my father here, I have nothing but problems. The caregivers that handle the meds are completely incompetent. They let him run out of his blood thinner and cholesterol medicine before they even called to tell me. I have to order these from the VA and wait for them to arrive in the mail. Then I brought them in, and they tell me he is out of another RX. The woman can hardly speak English and didn't even know which med it was, when she called me.
Then I signed up for electronic payment for the monthly billing. As of July 1st, it had not come out yet, as I had just signed up. I gave the woman in charge a check, and she said if it came out before the 5th, she would tear it up. Well, they cashed it the next day and the electronic payment came out! This was a $4,000 over charge. When I called Jenae, the account woman, she was very rude, and told me his account would have a credit for next month. This was $1,000 more than his monthly payment. I called the main office in Seattle, and they were very nice to me, and told me that the home should have just cut me a check. I still have not gotten it resolved. They do have a new girl named Morgan, who is a nurses asst. She is nice and seems to be much more on top of things. Bottom line, this place is not somewhere I would recommend to anyone!

Pretty happy!

Our experience with Emeritus has been great so far since my mother moved in. The rooms are pretty reasonable compared to other places, which we really like. My mom has been happy so far as well. The caregivers are nice, attentive and very accommodating. She is not involved with many of the activities, but from what we have seen, they have a good variety and selection. She also thinks the food is pretty good. Worth checking out!

We were really impressed with them.

We were really impressed with them. All of the staff were extremely friendly, and would always say hello. I would reccommend it to anybody it was great. We really thought they were a great place. I didn't see anything that I would have considered a concern. We never actually got the opportunity to move our loved one in, but we were going to, and they were great about it.

Too small in many ways. No ...

Too small in many ways. No balconies.

Very nice facility. Probabl...

Very nice facility. Probably not financially workable. Referred me to Emeritus Baywood.

Too isolated

It was multi-storied which I didn't like and to me it lacked warmth. It was separate apartments but I didn't feel there was enough connection between them.

Wonderful - I love that place!

My mother moved out there because my brother and sister-in-law live out there and she wanted to be in a desert. As far as I know she's doing great. I haven't been able to get in touch with her lately because she's never in her room or when she is she has company. So she's happy and doing well and keeping busy.

They used to be Merrill Gardens and I do know that they were recently bought out by Emeritus. Nothing is going to change except for where they get their food and their medications and things like that. I know it's a very nice place and I was very impressed with how everything is run there.

It's wonderful. I love that place. The one thing I love most is, unlike everyone else, they have an open dining situation where the dining room is open from 7am to 7pm and I love that concept. I wish more would do that. I'm not sure if that is going to change now they've been bought.

Great community

We chose this community because of the care services they provide, the cleanliness of the community, all the activities they have for the residents. We talked to some residents and they really seemed happy. We looked at 10 different communities so we had plenty to compare it to. We are really happy with Merrill Gardens and would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Great experience!

We've had a great experience with Merrill Gardens. The care services they provide are wonderful. They have a lot of stuff going on at Merrill Gardens as well. The place is very homey, and clean. They have a salad bar in the dining room and put the meals on display so that residents know what their choices are for that meal. Merrill Gardens at Mesa is not huge like mom's previous home, it's not super small either, just right in between. The people there are all sweethearts.

I would move in

We looked at a few other communities and Merrill Gardens stood out among the rest. Our loved one immediately liked it and is very happy here. The food is very good, they have a salad bar and just about everything else. You name it they have it. We are very happy with Merrill Gardens and would recommend it to anyone.

Toured this location 2 weeks ago and ...

Toured this location 2 weeks ago and really liked it.

Beautiful grounds; great staff; food ...

Beautiful grounds; great staff; food might be a little fancy?; 2 bedroom BRs are too small; not very open to meal service in rooms; close to current location

No on medicaid

No on medicaid

Nice bright front unit. Prefer a larg...

Nice bright front unit. Prefer a larger parklike setting. Did not care for all the other buildings on the same lot.

This was a very nice place, and I rea...

This was a very nice place, and I really liked the director for showing me everything. I realy wasn't impressed by the one bedroom apt. it was small and doesn't have a bedroom door, so there would be no privacy when guests are over. The deluxe one bedroom was awesome, but way over our budget.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at a Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®