Brookdale Bellingham - Bellingham, WA

Brookdale Bellingham - Bellingham, WA has yet not published prices.

Very friendly. [Name removed] makes Brookdale a true home. Seniors make their own personal choices appropriate to their needs and abilities. Care to hospice and medicare as needed. Services are add ons.

Wonderful facility

Things seem to be going pretty well here. The food is good and it seems to be well balanced and nutritious. They have quite a menu, so if you can’t find something to eat then there must be something wrong because they have tons of options. There are more things going on here than I can keep track of but just to name a few they have movies, happy hours, and even a harmonica club that I’m the leader of. There’s plenty to do if one wants to do it. As far as I’m concerned, the cleanliness seems to be good. They offer apartments as well as cottages, which seem to be cheaper than the apartments. I’m just overall satisfied with where I’m at. They’ve really done a good job with trying to take care of me and my wife.

Lots of activities

This property is great. I think that the staff team here is fairly competent and knowledgeable. For the most part it’s been a positive situation. My loved one residing there is not a big fan of the food. She most prefers to cook for herself. The cleanliness is good and there’s no bad odor in the facility. There is also lots of activities provided for the residents. There’s about maybe six to seven things happening every day such as knitting, movies, drives in the country, and days at the casino. I would recommend this property to families looking into options for their loved ones.

Nice but I like the other 2 better thanks

Small, quiet, and clean community

I toured this facility because they have a really good reputation and they have wonderful customer service. It was a smaller community but very established. All of the staff members are very friendly and they always want to help. While on the tour I was able to speak with the nursing staff and they were also very nice. The facility itself was very clean and everyone I came into contact with was lovely. But, nothing really stood out for me. I was visiting during meal time and I got to see everyone in the dining hall. It was way too quiet for the number of people in that room. No one was talking even though they had people around them. I would recommend this community, but it just wasn’t for my Husband.

Location Was Very Important

For our family we thought this community was too far for us. It didn't meet the needs for a move-in. It is suitable for a family with different needs.

Beware of extra charges

I would recommend that everyone get things in writing.There seems to be a lot of additional charges for care and they are expensive. I will say the facility is nice and the people are very kind and patient towards my mother.

Great memory care staff!!

My uncle had a little bit of a tough transition into this community, but he is now in the memory care unit and I could not be more pleased with how amazing all of the staff have been to him. It is a smaller unit so there is lots of one on one time and lots of trust building exercises that they get to work on multiple times a week. The only complaint I have is the staff did not seem ready or organized with things when he moved in especially in his bedroom. That made things a little difficult for him to get adjusted.

A good s place for mom!!

Mom is still adjusting to living at Brookdale. I am impressed with the friendly staff and the good care my mother is receiving. They make an effort to get the residents to participate in the daily activities. Mom seems fine with the food. The community is clean.

Fears Subsided

I was initially a little afraid to contact A Place For Mom as I dreaded what would come...all the emails, phone calls, perhaps mail... essentially feeling harrassed by representatives far away, not knowing the area. But, the representative I talked to was local and very understanding of our situation. We were contacted immediately with useful information from eligible facilities and concern for my mother's need to find a new home rather quickly. And when we settled on a place, it took one email to our representative and the information stopped coming. I would recommend A Place For Mom to anyone asking for help with finding the right place for a loved one, including mom. 😊

Very Disapointed

Brookdale prides itself on providing a gracious setting including entertainment for residents . We were disappointed to find that staff apparently pays no attention to the enthusiasm of residents in response even to be disrespectful of performers. We saw this as a red flag on our tour and l would be hesitant to place a loved one here.

A pretty nice place.

Brookdale Bellingham is a pretty nice place. It's a good place for my dad. There are a lot of activities. The food is pretty good. It is kind of pricey, I feel not everything was out in the open about the price before he moved in.

Nice,professional staff

The staff here is very nice and professional. It seems really quiet here. It is not very lively. I would like to see the residents doing more activities and walking around the building more. It is a nice, clean building though.

very good

Emeritus at Bellingham (now Brookdale) have been very good. They do a really good job keeping me informed of how my parents are doing. And it seems to be a really well run facility with a good rhythm to it.

They were absolutely fabulous.

The staff are all very friendly and professional, and they're great at working with the residents! We have been pleased with the staff and helpfulness They have been doing a great job. They have been very attentive loved one is really happy there.

Assisted care did not really entail m...

Assisted care did not really entail much assistance for my father. Disappointed in the care and services provided.

very quiet...everyone in th...

very quiet...everyone in their rooms. Would feel alone.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®