Brookdale Battle Creek Assisted Living - Battle Creek, MI

Brookdale Battle Creek Assisted Living - Battle Creek, MI has yet not published prices.

Newer Community!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far I have no complaints of how things are going. The facility is a lot newer so I am hoping once they get some more experience with how things go, everything will run smoother. The staff have been kind and I am comfortable with the care they have been providing my mother at this time.

Good care for mom

We are happy with the care that my mom is getting. The staff are kind and attentive to my mom's needs. The community is clean and an over all good environment for her. We both have been happy with the meals that are serviced. My mom is staying active with a lot of the activities. We would recommend this community for the good care and value.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They seem to be knowledgeable and concerned with the well being of their residents. The things I didn't like about the facility were more cosmetic; the dining are was a little spartan, and in the memory care unit showers are not in the bathroom within the residents' room.

Good care and comfort

We are happy with the staff at this community. The community is clean and a nice environment for here. They need more staff and some of the house cleanings could use some small improvements. The menu is good and she is pleased and likes the variety. We are happy that they are taking a time to make sure that she had the care that she is needing. They do need to work on getting more staff that can help and they need to make sure that they are trained. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one. We would recommend that they are informed of all the charges and it needs to be made clear on all the cost.

Our visit

This looked like a nice community when I visited. The people I met were nice. This community is for assisted living and we found that my loved one needed independent living.

Compassionate caregivers and management

I trust this community to provide top-notch care to those in need of services in the Battle Creek area. The homelike setting makes it easy for the staff to really know the residents and their family members. Every time I visit the community, the residents are busy doing activities and enjoying meals. I recommend people come for a tour to see for themselves. The memory care building just had a renovation, too.

The rooms are small and very dark. My mom needed a bigger room and more sunlight in the daytime. It seemed to be very hot inside and it would not be a good fit. Families might like this for a lower cost for the needs of the family member needing care. We did not see activities or were offered any of the meals. Families might see if this is what they are looking for when it comes to the care of a loved one.

Not a glowing review!!

We had to move out of this community as they were not able to care for my wife's needs. They charged us for extras that some of the staff did not have the qualifications to help with. Some of the staff are nice and others are not as nice. The food is pretty good. This community is not as well managed as other communities in the area. I am not sure I would recommend this community.

So far so good!

My wife is now a resident of Brokdlae Battle Creek and although it has taken some time for her to adjust things are going well. The place is maintained to its highest standard and there are absolutely no odors to speak of. I've been able to enjoy quite a few meals with my wife and there are no complaints about the food. She is now participating in activities and is slowly starting to adjust. I would definitely recommend.

They have been very good to her.

We have been happy with them. They have been very good to her. It's clean, and looks nice when I go. The food is pretty good, even though that can be really subjective. I don't have any complaints, at this point.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one, and I thought Sterling House of Battle Creek was quite nice! It had a very pleasant, homey feel, and all of the residents that I spoke with seemed happy and content. The care they offer isn't quite as comprehensive as what we think our loved one may need in the future, but they are definitely worth a look for other families looking into care in the area!

nice group of people

My mom has had a few issues and they have dealt with it and handled everything really well. It is a really nice group of people.

They do pretty good overall.

They do pretty good overall. It would be better if we could have heat control in the individual rooms. It's centralized heat, and it's really hot in there. The common areas are a perfect temperature and in the rooms it's like a sauna. It would be nice if they washed the clothes by individual rooms rather than all together, clothes come up missing or you end up with other people's clothes. The food is good and there are no complaints about the activities. They wanted to do bathing on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and that seems like odd timing, to have a bath after two days, and then not again until five more days. I would think they could space it more like three days and then four days or something. The staff is pretty friendly, the ones that have more experience seem to be better with adjusting to the residents personalities.

Review of Clare Bridge of Battle Creek Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Battle Creek, MI

Mom and I visited Sterling House today. We actually agreed on something...we both really liked it! The dog, Casey, is a nice touch since we are dog people. It felt homey and comfortable. The residents provided positive feedback without and prompting. We will definitely keep this place in mind!

Nice place, so far

We've had a good experience with Sterling House so far. The facility itself is very clean and well kept, and the staff have all been very friendly. The community has a nice family atmosphere, and we feel like they treat us just as well as they treat our loved one who lives there! She has had some complaints about the food, and having tried it myself I agree that it could use improvement. It's not bad, but could definitely be better.

Their staff are not well eqipped to de-escalate memory care patients with anger and frustration issues. The activities are general and maybe not as well thought out and accessible for all of the memory care patients. If someone has a loved one who is very low maintenance and is content to sit and doesn't need much then the care is probably fine, the cleanliness, the food, the care, but if there is much beyond that and you need something a little more, I don't think they can handle it. There is also the possibility that if your loved one needs more care, they will hire an agency and not tell you.

Brookdale Battle Creek offers high quality assisted living services for seniors in Battle Creek, Michigan. Battle Creek boasts many rivers, forests, parks and recreational activities for residents of all ages. Our family friendly city is home to the Binder Park Zoo, Kellogg Company's world headquarters, sporting events, an annual air and balloon festival and many other events that make our city family friendly and a great place to call home.

Residents at Brookdale Battle Creek enjoy a high level of personalized services in a home-like environment. Everything about our community puts the well-being of residents first. Our single-story home makes every part of the community accessible for people who have limited mobility and our staff is available around the clock, ready to help with any needs as they arise.

Our residents enjoy many services and amenities that make Brookdale Battle Creek feel like home. Services and amenities include

Private apartment homes
Luxurious common activities for lounging, entertaining and developing friendships
Full service dining featuring three balanced meals and snacks available throughout the day
Personal housekeeping, trash and laundry services
Personalized care plan that is regularly reviewed to meet changing needs
A variety of activities that improve the quality of life of our residents