Brookdale Antelope Valley - Lancaster, CA

Brookdale Antelope Valley - Lancaster, CA has yet not published prices.

Smaller facility with less residents

I was very impressed with this place when I came for a tour. The facility is quite a bit smaller so there are a lot less residents for the staff to watch. The nice thing that I found is that they have a stove in the units so you can actually cook your own meals. In hindsight, I think moving my friend here would’ve been a better decision than the one that we had decided on. Overall, the facility was clean and the staff seemed really nice and helpful.

Doing Very Well

My friend is doing extremely well living here it was such a good move for him. He is loving it here he keeps very busy. He is always going to movie nights or playing bingo or taking the bus to the store. He is utilizing the van transportation to the doctor's appointments. The staff is very friendly and nice and helpful. He loves the food it is restaurant quality food.

The best place for my dad.

I have been very impressed with this place. My dad moved in a week ago. He had lived in our home for 60 years, so the transition was and is not easy on him. The staff listened to us and made the best arrangements. After living alone for several months following the passing of my mom, he is now socializing regularly each day. When I am older I hope I am fortunate to find a place like Brookdale Antelope Valley.

I must say we were impressed all the way around. Security, cleanliness, residents were out and about and happy. [Removed] was the representative we talked with was great, friendly knowledgeable and showed us all around and really made it a point to get to know us and more importantly my mom who was not present. Wonderful experience.

Mom's Care

I am very happy to see that my mom is getting excellent care here. This community has wonderful staff who is very nice. She is enjoying the food and the variety of the meals. The activities are great for her and she is participating. The community is clean and always maintained. I would recommend this care and value to other families.

Good Care for mom

My mom is getting great care here with the nice staff. They are helpful and my mom likes that the community is clean. She appears to like the food and the variety. This is a smaller community and what we were looking for. I feel better knowing that this was a good fit for her needs to be taken care of till we move. I do recommend this community for others who want a good value and good care for a loved one.

Bad costly experience

Buyer beware!
Please don't let yourself be fooled that these folks really care about your elder loved one. They are solely about the MONEY. They will literally jump through hoops to sign you up, and get your money, but if there's a problem you're elder loved one is totally on their own. Scary and very costly what my dad went through in the FEW days he was there.

They seem like a caring staff. They pay attention to the residents and know them all by name. It feels very comfortable and safe. The outside landscaping looks like it could use a little work, but everything inside is well maintained. The food is pretty good as well. It's a restaurant atmosphere and they can get food 7 AM - 7 PM, and there's a nice variety, and the portions are good.

A "new" family

I toured the facility with my father about 6 months prior to a decision being made. We were made to feel welcome, questions were answered, some maybe more than once, and throughout the subsequents months leading up to the decision, I was kept informed about availability of apartments, upcoming social events, invited to return.

Once the decision was made, we were made to feel like part of a "family" and that no question or concern I might have was too small or insignificant--which is helpful to me since I live a distance from the facility. I was encouraged to call and ask about my father with staff and they have been great in reassuring me that I had made the right decision.

Wished I hadn't wasted time looking at other places.

Everyone working at Brookdale Antelope Valley bent over backwards to be friendly and courteous.
The building and grounds were vey impressive. My brother commented it looked more like a 5 star resort than an assisted living facility.
As far as cost goes, it was very competitively priced. Of the dozen or so facilities we looked at they were cheaper than most.
I cannot help but think that Mom is really going to like it there once she adjusts to doing more than going from bed to recliner. There are a tremendous amount of activities every day. All the current residents seemed happy and at home.
The dinning room was fantastic, with a good variety of well balanced meals. We only ate with Mom once but noticed how friendly and efficient the wait staff through the duration of the dinning experience.
After weeks of looking I think we made the best choice for Mom.

amazing place

Brookdale Antelope Valley is an amazing place. My dad decided not to move in there though. He changes his mind a lot. I wish he would have moved in. It is just absolutely amazing there. I don't think there is anything they could have improved on.

has really helped out

Brookdale Antelope Valley has really helped out. She is really happy there. It has really opened up her eyes. She is able to socialize with residents her own age. I cant think of anything that could get any better at this facility. She likes it there.

I think they've been very helpful and extremely friendly. I think once they discovered what my mother's needs were they worked to accommodate her and I would recommend them, particularly to people who need assisted living.

A Great Place!

I think its a great place. We placed my grandfather there because it's perfect for him. If your looking for an assisted living community in Lancaster, CA this is my #1 suggestion. I highly recommend it! The facility is very clean. The staff and residents are friendly. The care givers do a great job at taking care of everyone. The value is great as well. They have many activities. I had a great experience with Brookdale Antelope Valley!

Emeritus was a beautiful co...

Emeritus was a beautiful community and the staff very nice. It was clean and well maintained. The room offered was very nice but didn't fit the needs of my parents at this time. They were able to meet all of our other needs and were very willing to be helpful.

Way to expensive, and understaffed.

They are way to expensive, and they are understaffed, in every way. Value gets a zero! There are no activities that are geared toward visually impaired residents. They talked us into moving here. The pitch was awesome, there were so many things they said they would do. The food seems okay, and they manage to medication out on time. That's it. They don't do a lot of the things they say they will. The management is changing over, a new company is coming in. Every month the price changes. People are always complaining.

Sam Pollock

We apologize that your experience with our community is not meeting your expectations. Our base rent pricing stays the same for the period of one year from move-in; however, the level of care needed for each resident may change, and thus result in a price increase. The prices for residency within our community are presented to each resident in their residency agreement which is signed prior to moving in, and a copy of the agreement is provided for the resident and their family to have on file. Please be assured that our staffing is appropriate to handle all of our seniors needs, we have a low turnover rate among our staff, and many of our staff members have been us for many years. Additionally, we are required each month to plan activities for all of our residents with impairments, hearing, sight, or otherwise. These activities are then posted on our large-print calendars located outside the Activities Room and in the main lobby of the community, as well as included in the smaller calendars delivered to each resident. If you have any further concerns regarding your experience with our community, we invite you to reach out to our community management team.

It's a nice place, the people are friendly.

It's a nice place, the people are friendly. It would have been nice but, I had an experience with an employee that was just too much (they did let that employee go). I have a friend who has a parent here and they are happy, and they say the food is really good. There was one hallway that had a heavy urine odor.

Prices Are Rasining

My loved one really likes it there. They just keep getting bought out by other companies, and everytime they do, they keep raising the prices! The price to visit and have lunch or dinner is $11 a person! Also, if the residents want their breakfast brought up to them, they charge $5 now. Other than that, the staff is wonderful. They take care of the residents. If they miss two meals in a row, they go looking for them, and if they don't hit their button in the morning to show that they're up and awake, they come checking too. We've just heard that people are leaving because the prices are raising.

My sister toured this place...

My sister toured this place instead of me. She was very impressed and really enjoyed the tour. Unfortunately they can't accommodate my handicap brother to move in with him. So I'm afraid this won't workout for us.

LOVED IT! The Workers and residents w...

LOVED IT! The Workers and residents where very Friendly.

Brookdale Antelope Valley is located in the California High Desert—just 55 miles from Los Angeles. Our community's ideal location is nearby shopping malls, restaurants, medical services, and parks and recreation centers. We are far enough away from the city to enjoy the peace of a residential neighborhood, but close enough to partake in cultural entertainment and sporting events.

We offer a home like setting alongside an exceptionally devoted staff. We work to make every day at Brookdale Antelope Valley engaging and offer a variety of different amenities and activities, including:

Tai Chi
Guest Entertainers
Wii Bowling
Water aerobics at the YMCA
Fireside chats
Weekly offsite trips

Our pet friendly community offers four different floor plans varying from 338 square feet to 964 square feet. Each apartment comes with:

Living area
Closet
Bathroom
Kitchen

At Brookdale Antelope Valley we foster strong relationships with local healthcare professionals so that we are confidently able to provide the best care to our residents, and as needs change we are there every step of the way to support our residents and their families.