Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Avoid Briargate if you care about your parent

I would be very careful in choosing Briargate for your family member. What you see is not what you get. Be sure to check and make sure your parent is getting the proper care. I would not recommend putting anyone in this facility. My concerns are far too long to list. But if you don't listen as many don't, you may be very sorry about making a decision to choose Briargate. They will say and do anything to have your parent there. Their only concern is whether or not you can afford it. It doesn't matter your parent is not suited for Briargate. Things will happen behind your backs. The staff and management are not to be trusted. Our family speaks from experience. A very bad experience.

Some issues need to be adjusted.

There are a few issues that we are hoping to work out with Briargate. The most important is the food that is offered to the residents. My Mom is there and she has spoken several times to the staff concerning the meals that are offered. We as her children have concerns about the meal plan as well. In my opinion the food is not very nutritious for residents. The other issue is the bathroom. The towel hook on the door is too high for her to hang her wet towel after her shower. The other bathroom issue is there is no place for any toiletries in the shower at all. My Mom has spoken to some of the other residents and they feel the same way about these issues as well. The residents are very friendly and easy to talk to.
The staff is friendly and the place is very clean.