Very happy with Bough Beeches Place Retirement Home!
We recently moved my mother into Bough Beeches Place Retirement Residence and we are very pleased! The home is so welcoming and the staff is so nice and approachable. My mom loves her room; it is quite spacious and we were able to fit in a number of larger furniture items and still had space for other things. It is not just the size...it's a very attractive and pleasant room as well. The meals look very tasty and healthy. So far, we have been very happy with our mother's new home and would highly recommend it!
Very nice place, plenty of activities
We're very pleased how things have gone at Bough Beeches Place, my loved one really seems to be enjoying herself here! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they take great care of the people who live here. I really like the variety of activities they have, my loved one is almost always out of her room doing something. In addition to the on-site activities they also offer 2 bus trips a week, for those that are capable, out to places to shop or eat, which my loved one really enjoys. I also like the layout of the community, it is all on one floor which makes things very easy to navigate.
From the Office
Revera – Bough Beeches is a friendly retirement residence nestled within a beautiful, mature neighbourhood of Mississauga, Ontario.
Everything about Bough Beeches is designed to be easy and convenient, starting with the one-storey layout. The community is also close to shopping, parkland, community and senior centres, and public transit.
With lovely suites, personalized care plans, and organized recreation, Bough Beeches supports your own unique preferences, with just the right tailored support.
The community also offers added peace of mind, with a secure memory care wing. With knowledgeable, well trained staff, Bough Beeches offers a range of specialty programming for residents requiring Alzheimer’s and Dementia care.
Bough Beeches is part of the Revera family, one of North America’s leading and most trusted providers of seniors’ accommodation, care and services since 1961.
Mississauga is a large Canadian city with a population of almost 800,000 located just outside of Toronto, bordering Lake Ontario.
- Walkability score: This is an extremely walkable area, receiving a walk score of over 80.
- Average age: The average age of the population is 39.6.
- Senior housing facilities: There are 8 assisted living facilities located in Mississauga itself, with 51 others in nearby communities.
- Weather: The climate in this city is categorized as moderate. Summer months often bring high temperatures and humidity. Residents can expect average temperatures of 20°C (70°F), with highs surpassing 30°C (86°F). Winter months see a significant drop, with temperatures reaching as low as -15°C (-4°F). Despite the cooler temperatures, Mississauga experiences much less snowfall than other parts of Canada.
- Veteran's facilities: Veterans Affairs Canada has office locations in Mississauga, and there are multiple local Royal Canadian Legion branches throughout the city.
Health and Safety
Mississauga is home to well-organized collective of healthcare facilities and is continues to receive excellent safety ratings for a city of its size.
- Hospitals: Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital and Queensway Health Centre are the city's three main care sites, all a part of the Trillium Health Partners organization.
- Crime rate: Mississauga continues to be regarded as one of Canada's safest cities with a crime rate significantly lower than the national average.
Sports and Leisure
Sports and leisure opportunities are abundant in Mississauga, with programming in place to cater to a wide variety of interests and demographics.
- Golf courses: Local courses include the Lakeview Golf Course and BraeBen Golf Course, which has both a full course and nine-hole course.
- Tennis: Mississauga has both open public courts, including facilities at Gulleden Park and Garnetwood Park, and community tennis clubs, such as the Applewood Tennis Club.
- Fitness centers: In addition to the city's numerous gyms and fitness clubs, specialized adult athletic activities are held at a variety of locations. Hockey, skating and badminton programs are organized for seniors at the Burnhamthorpe Community Centre. Weekly group fitness classes for older adults, such as Zumba and yoga, are held at the Clarkson Community Center.
- Community programming: The Mississauga Seniors' Centre recreational facility is open seven days a week for adults over the age of 60. It hosts a variety of activities for its members, including registered programs, clubs, information sessions and special events. The Square One Adult Centre also runs programming aimed at enriching the lives of seniors in the area, with over 80 social, recreational, health and multicultural programs every week.
With its location in the GTA and close proximity to Toronto, residents of Mississauga have a number of transportation options available to them.
- Buses: MiWay is Mississauga's local public transportation system. Seniors receive discounted fares on transit tickets. GO Transit is another option. It services communities within the Greater Toronto Area via a series of train lines and bus routes.
- Taxis: Taxi options include Mississauga Taxi, Blue & White Taxi and All Star Taxi Service. Simply register online and search for a carpool that suits your needs.
- Ride shares: Carpool matching programs are available through the city's Smart Commute initiative
The city's population is made up of a collective of many different backgrounds and belief systems.
- Nearby religious facilities: Numerous places of worship can be found throughout the city that cater to a variety of different faiths, including Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Sikhism and Hinduism.
Shopping and Entertainment
Mississauga is known for its vibrant cultural offerings and diverse neighborhoods.
- Nearby shopping: Rockwood Mall is located right next to the facility, as are a Winners and Shoppers' Drug Mart. Other popular shopping destinations include the Square One Shopping Centre and CF Sherway Gardens. The Dixie Outlet Mall is also nearby, offering discounted shopping at over 135 popular retailers.
- Grocery stores: Food Basics, Dixie Grocers and IC Food World are all located nearby.
- Restaurants: The area us home to a variety of casual dining restaurants including popular breakfast spot Cora and the Continental Grand Buffet, as well as international delights such as SunRise Caribbean Restaurant and Karachi Kitchen.
- Movie theaters: Movie theater options in the area include a CineStarz theater and multiple Cineplex Cinemas locations.
- Libraries: Burnhamthorpe Library is located nearby, as are multiple branches of the Toronto Public Library.
- Salons: A number of beauty and hair salons are available nearby, some of which offer discounted rates and specialized services for seniors, including Hair Couture II. Mississauga is also served by Senior Necessities mobile salon, which offers hair and foot care to seniors in the comfort of their own home.
- Attractions: Mississauga has many exciting attractions to explore. Each of its neighborhoods offers a uniquely different atmosphere and experience. Some of the most popular attractions in Mississauga include the Art Gallery of Mississauga, Missisauga Sports Hall of Fame and Mississauga Symphony Orchestra. Other popular destination include the Port Credit district, home to unique heritage sights and boutique shops, and the Streetsville Village Square, which hosts a variety of different events and celebrations throughout the year.