Brookdale Venice - Venice, FL

Beautiful facility. Very clean and bright. Residents look happy. Caring, friendly staff. Good food , great selection. Looking forward to moving my Mom here,.

Doing Great

I am glad that we moved mom here she is doing so well. She is very happy and enjoying herself here. Mom is participating in the activities like bingo and she has been going to the social hours and she enjoys them. She loves the food but tends to find after awhile they repeat the same things. The staff is very nice and friendly very accommodating. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Perfect Tour!

I was able to take a tour of this community and I really did enjoy it. The staff was friendly and helpful with answering anything I needed. The director of activities came and sat with us to let us know what they had to offer. It was a great tour and great community.

Jody and all the staff at Bella Vita made the decision and transition for my Mom a positive and heart warming experience. A concerned daughter couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

My mother had got kicked out after attemping to leave when she wasn't aware she couldn't leave. I was very disappointed with Bella Vita and their services. I feel that they screwed my out of my money after they kicked her out they still wanted me to pay for her stay after she kicked out which was crazy to me. Her first week there it was a cold week and she didn't have any heat or hot water and I expressed my concerns to the staff there and they were not very responsive to my concerns. We have since moved her into a new community due to the level of care they said she needed. I just feel that they could had been more patient with my mother I was not happy with the community at all.

Brookdale Senior Living

We regret to hear that you were unhappy with your experience. We encourage you to call our Resident and Family Connections team so we can learn more details regarding your experience. We have also shared your feedback with our regional operations team for review.

Review of Bella Vita - Venice, FL

Bella Vita is first rate. The facility is very clean. The staff friendly and helpful. All aspects of Independent Living and Assisted Living have been carefully considered and addressed. The chefs provide three meals daily with delicious choices as well as daily snacks. There are three floor plans to meet your needs. Licensed professionals evaluate and monitor health issues. Residents pay only for required care. Bella Vita offers activities outside trips and transportation as needed in the local area. A fitness room library gardening area and meeting room are available. Bella Vita has truly thought of everything. Residents appear happy and engaged. Competitively priced.

Not only poor care but forcing their home heath agency for private duty...when they know they cannot keep resident safe..

Residents are beyond the level of care and when they tell families like mine that they need extra care thru an agency, they use theirs not giving families a choice..

they are a poor example and badly represent Brookdale..They also do not refund moneys, when they know they are keeping parents beyond the level of care they can provide...but will put agency in place to care for them and it is their agency...Brookdale Home Health...

Need more thorough evaluations

Our experience with Bella Vita was not a long one. I would advise families looking to place a loved one here to be extra thorough when evaluating if this is somewhere that is appropriate in terms of care. They evaluated my loved one and said it would be fine, but they did not provide anywhere near the level of care he needed.

Big Disappointment

Definitely would not place a loved one here. Understaffed and staff turnover high. Food has gone downhill, but price has gone up. Cleaning is almost non-existent. Good place if your person is very independent, but if they actually require assistance, forget it. Lack of communication with the family. Extremely disappointed and looking at other facilities now.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns. Please contact us at familyconnection[at]brookdale[dot][com] to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Not a place I would place a loved one.

Family not notified about condition of care and unfriendly overall.

Several move outs recently...

Nice place, overall!

Overall I think they do a good job at Bella Vita. It is a nice looking, well kept, clean facility, and the staff all seem friendly and caring. However, like most of these places, they seem a bit overworked and understaffed. The aides are always in a hurry, and the receptionist is always handling a call when I visit. That aside, they do take good care of the residents, and they are a nice place overall.

It's a very nice place, the staff is very friendly.

It's a very nice place, the staff is very friendly. They have a big variety of activities. The food is fantastic, we want to go there ourselves. We liked it because it was friendly, nice and open, and very homey as opposed to being institutional feeling.

Nice place, and good food!

Overall they do a great job here, I'd give them high marks across the board. It's a nice looking, clean place, and the staff seem very friendly and caring. The meal service is also very good. The food is well presented, and you get many many choices.

Fantastic

It was pretty good there at Bella Vita. I though that they were fantastic. Just very good.

Very quiet

When we went it was very quiet, we didn't see anyone, she just showed us an apartment and some hallways leading up to apartments and that was about it. We didn't go at meal time so we didn't try the food but it looked clean enough to me.

It didn't seem to have a lot of space...

It didn't seem to have a lot of space for extra curricular activities or separate dining room. Just seemed very crowded and unappealing.

Delux Apt $3000 first person $750 2nd...

Delux Apt $3000 first person $750 2nd person, 620 Sq Ft. 2 Bedroom $4000 1st person &750 2nd person. 3 Meals Houskeeping weekly, utilities, Cable. Phone extra. Air heat privately controled. Have Balcony. Med program $365. mo per person. Licensing?

Bella Vita provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.